Iphone 5 texting

virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
Forum Member
✭✭
Just got an iphone5.Texting seems an absolute nightmare.Is there any way to make the screen bigger.Don't want to have to use a pointer a not my hands to text.

how does everyone else get on?

Comments

• MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an iphone5.Testing seems an absolute nightmare.Is there any way to make the screen bigger.Don't want to have to use a pointer a not my hands to text.

Testing what?
  • virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry texing!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I suppose you could use the 3-finger tap to magnify gesture, but other than that there's not much you can do. The screen is just small.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The screen is smaller than Samsung Galaxy but it's hardly tiny. The keyboard for texting is a fairly intuitive even for people with big fingers. Just try not to overpress the buttons and you should be fine. You can enlarge the text size on Messages and emails but the keyboard stays the same.
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried turning the phone on its side?
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always use the voice dictaphone. Never had a problem. It does take some getting used too. Just keep Giving it a go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, is this your first touchscreen phone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, is this your first touchscreen phone?
    Yes. How did you guess?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. How did you guess?

Just a hunch! Don't worry, you'll get used to it really quickly, I think. It just takes a little bit of time to adjust from using buttons. The autocorrect is pretty good on the iPhone too, so if you hit roughly the right keys you'll usually get the right word!
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to make the screen bigger

Yes, if you still have the 30 day return option then the Galaxy S3 does it.
    Cheaper and huge all round.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll get used to it.

After being a long term Blackberry/physical keyboard fan, my first few weeks with an iPhone was a nightmare.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The screen is small yes but the auto correct on the iPhone is generally quite good so you just have to trust it. Be as precise as you can but try and be reasonably quick too. You will hit the wrong keys a lot and most the time it will pick up what you mean. Just review every text afterwards for mistakes. Click on the mistake and sometimes a list of suggestions will come up, or if it gets highlighted then as soon as you start typing again it will delete the old word and start again.

I'm sure there will be sme YouTube guides on how to use the keyboard.

Granted, I now have an s4 that has a larger screen, but even with my fat fingers the keyboard on the iPhone wasn't too bad..... Still prefer the s4 keyboard etc.

Just give it some time.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Just got an iphone5.Texting seems an absolute nightmare.Is there any way to make the screen bigger.Don't want to have to use a pointer a not my hands to text.

As someone else has suggested, try voice dictation. I do 90% of my texts that way and it gets most of them word perfect first time. Much quicker than typing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just through Siri or is there another way you do it?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Is it just through Siri or is there another way you do it?

When you bring up the keyboard just touch the microphone symbol next to the space bar.