Django Unchained

JamesdawnJamesdawn Posts: 16
Forum Member
Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I've just saw a trailer in the cinema. Looks to be a quite good movie, if someone likes westerns in current edition (sex, explosions etc).
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesdawn wrote: »
    I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django. ;)
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesdawn wrote: »
    Django Unchained is the movie which i wanna watch it. I have to wait for some more days. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite hero.

A film about slavery, with Jamie Foxx playing Django, and you assume Leo is playing a hero? LOL.
  • JamesdawnJamesdawn Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    That's a shame, considering he's the villain in Django. ;)

Dont be shame, he is a good actor. I am sure in this movie we will see him in a new avatar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cancelled the premiere last night because of the Conneticut shootings.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see it. Tarantino is my God, and I adore DiCaprio as well.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you say "For Your Consideration"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Can you say "For Your Consideration"?

I certainly can :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now. It appears i don't hate westerns any more ;)
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    It gets my vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not at the level of pulp fiction or (for me personally) jackie brown, but it's infinitely better than the steaming great pile of shite that was 'inglorious basterds'.

i loved the exchange ..
    Steven: I counted 6 shots ni***r
    Django: I count 2 guns ni**r

Laughed out loud at that one :)
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Brilliant to see Don Johnson in a mainstream movie at last. Only a small role, but good to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Christoph Waltz was amazing and kind of over shadowed what I thought would be Leo as the best performance in the movie. Fantastic film.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb film, 2hrs 45min flew by.

I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the Australian near the end was the bloke that played the killer in Wolf Creek.

It was (he's called John Jarratt). I believe QT has previously said that he's a fan of Jarratt's performance in Wolf Creek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    One thing about this film that is mentioned in this interview with Kerry Washington - Usually Tarantino has strong woman in his films but this time the main female character is more damsel in distress - Which is kind of refreshing really for a Tarantino Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJT3Y7eigg&feature=youtu.be#
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Tarantino bugs me in this sense. He puts out really good trailers that make me want to see the film but then, if Inglorious Basterds is anything to go by, the film turns out to be utter crap.

So I do want to see this, but I'm certainly wondering if i'll like it.

What didn't you like about Basterds? I thought it was good. Ticked all the Tarantino boxes for me anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Saw this yesterday.

I also saw Ingolrious Basterds last week.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.
  • ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday.

I'm not sure how I feel about QT's style of directing. On the positive side (though this can be seen as negative,) there's never any doubt that you're watching a Tarantino film. His is such a signature style, which is completely unique.

I haven't seen all of his films. Seen Pulp Fiction (of course,) Jackie Brown, From Dusk Til Dawn, Reservoir Dogs, and now Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds.

Django is nominated for an Oscar to win Best Picture as was Inglorious Basterds. This is where I come a little unstuck. Whilst I find his movies entertaining and all, I can't see what makes them stand out enough to warrant the highest accolades that they are nominated for. I'm talking specifically about the actual films, and not about the acting performances. To me, his movies are almost spoofs of the subject matter. Enjoyable, yes, (if you can get past all the graphic violence, which for me is not enjoyable, but I get that it's all part and parcel of a QT film, so I deal with it,) entertaining, yes. But Oscar worthy? I just don't see why.

I know that the QT fans will probably crucify me for stating the above, but actually, I really want an insight as to what it is that the industry sees that obviously I do not.
    Yes I have to agree, I enjoyed the film but I thought it was a cross between a spaghetti western and blazing saddles and given the bloody violence of a qt film...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    It does have some sort of message to it though, well kind of about slavery, as Samuel L Jackson discusses in this interview and has in others as well....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URlB2eyKDAM
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday.

You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It has got mostly positive reviews(I am planning on seeing it next week). Mark Kermode gave it a sort of mixed review, he said it was too long and QT's cameo went down like a lead balloon.

Of QT's past output I liked : Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown(okay, but perhaps a change of pace for QT) and Inglorious B@stards(a bit overlong and why do you need Samuel L. Jackson doing a voiceover in a WW2 movie).

I didn't like both Kill Bills. I haven't seen Deathproof.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    You should really see the two Kill Bill films. I think Kill Bill Volume One is excellent. Really cool film.

I think the reason I never watched either of the Kill Bills is basically down to the titles. The gratuitous violence in Tarantino movies is actually the thing that puts me off his films, so when it's all like right there in the title, it makes me want to steer clear.

I've never heard anything about either film to tell me that they are not just complete gore-fests, but I might give them a go one day.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    It has got mostly positive reviews(I am planning on seeing it next week). Mark Kermode gave it a sort of mixed review, he said it was too long and QT's cameo went down like a lead balloon.

Of QT's past output I liked : Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown(okay, but perhaps a change of pace for QT) and Inglorious B@stards(a bit overlong and why do you need Samuel L. Jackson doing a voiceover in a WW2 movie).

I didn't like both Kill Bills. I haven't seen Deathproof.

I loved this film and I would NEVER take a professional reviewers word as gospel regarding films. If a film is brilliant to "you" then its a brilliant film to "you". Who cares what a media guy says.

He is right about one thing though...............QT's cameo is bloody awful and it reeks of deluded self importance which realy disappointed me because I love Tarantino. At least Hitchcock only made cryptic cameo appearences in all his films - Tarantino should watch and take note.