The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have rain, rain and then more rain and lots of wind and then just rain so its a bit wet here lol!!

Cuddly good to see you hope things are improving now. Thinking of you both, hows Mr Cuddly coping?

EJ does a head collar mean Flossie is muzzled?
    I saw that Dancing on Wheels thing last night. Strangely compelling but very strange too. I dont like Brian F anymore he was down right awful and nasty alot of the times. The girl who was with Kevin Sacre would have done much better and enjoyed the performance if Brian hadn't been so awful to her all week. He makes Craig look like a pussy cat.
    Hope your lesson went on and you weren't too disorientated by the different day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star I totally agree with you about Dancing on Wheels.
    Brian is an arrogant git. James has lost the plot I think.

Caroline Flack was dreaful because she didnt practice and yet she and her partner got put through to next week first. I think that is foxed so they can win though dancing like that will just make tem a laughing stock at the european championship.

I have been to hospital, had a biopsy and am now suffering from punctures, very painful now the local an anaesthetic has worn off. Have to go back next Friday to see what the result is but I could see for myself that it isnt looking too rosy

Just been out with flossy but cut it a bit short as was feeling a bit off. No the headcollar isnt a muzzle it looks a bit like a horse headcollar and is supposed to give me more control of her, wish someone would explain that to her though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    My its a bit blustery out there.

Just got back from the shops for the company. I didn't really have to walk as the wind pushed me along, on the way back at times I had to brace it and push against it, a bit difficult when carrying several heavy bags of shopping.

Thanks FT & Star - the traumas apart from work have settled for now. Unfortunately Mr Cuddly's aunt is still unconscious and in a critical condition, at least she is stable. It would be nice for his uncle if she'd at least make some form of recovery so that he is able to 'say goodbye' properly to her if you know what I mean.

Work-wise, things have picked up so at least I'm not sitting at my desk pretending to be busy. I've set up my profile on a professional network site now and a few former colleagues and business acquaintainces have been in touch and asked for my CV so that looks a bit positive.

EJ - Stay positive. I'm sure things will be ok.

FT/TVA - I was on Ticketmaster this morning and I noticed that the Pro Tour shows at Hammersmith for Wednesday and Thursday have been cancelled - are you aware of this?

Dance classes resumed on Tuesday, Nicole and Matt were there but no sign of Julie. We covered the QS and Samba. Matt seemed quite impressed by how much we've covered in his absence. I have 3 private sessions coming up as a result of a cancelled Salsa course. I suppose it's to save the hassle of refunding as I'd paid in advance through Paypal. The instructor has suggested still teaching me the salsa and also working on things I've been taught during the latin and ballroom sessions which will be good as I struggle with the reverse turns.

Nephew coming up tonight to play badminton as we're going to see Stephen K Amos tomorrow night, which is my birthday present to him.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend if I don't get a chance to pop in later.

Cuddly
    x
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'm really fed up about this Cuddly. We had such good seats for the Wednesday night and now without so much as any kind of announcement, the dates have been cancelled. I see that Kristina and Brian (and Len) are appearing somewhere else from the 5th to the 8th July so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. The whole debacle of the London dates has been handled badly from the start. They should have announced the dates at the same time as the rest of the tour, then I wouldn't have booked Brighton which is quite a long drive. Maybe they wanted to make sure the other venues were selling well before announcing the London dates but to announce them and then cancel some of them is a bit much.:mad:

Anyway, enough of that. Yesterday wasn't a good day really as I had a run-in with someone at work as well.:o

At least it's not raining yet this morning and looks quite nice out there. The bulbs are beginning to show and it's definitely warmer out there. Might go out and inspect the garden and decide what to do with it this year (vegetable wise) if the rain holds off long enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rain has finally stopped after going relentlessly all night.

Hugs FT and Cuddly hope you get to see the show somewhere.

Hugs EJ too hope your results will be ok. You are right James was rather odd too, his comments about Mark picking up his partners wheelchair were bizarre. It wasnt Marks fault as Brian had told him to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,have come in here in the hope of being cheered up -been diagnosed with
    breast cancer & had three ops the last one being a mastectomy and now I have the norvo virus which I would'nt wish on my worst enemy -someone cheer me up PLEASE!!!
    Forum Member
    Oh Lord waltzingmatilda, sounds as if you really need cheering up. Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Have you managed to get any oral rehydration salts from the chemist? I gather it's very important to keep your fluid intake up when you've got the norovirus (or winter vomiting flu as it used to be called). Fortunately, I don't think it lasts very long!

I hope you're recovering well from your operation and that the treatment is working.

I know you're an Anton & Erin fan - did you manage to see their show last year or this year? I saw it last year twice - once in Eastbourne and then again in London with additional dancers and loved it both times. Didn't manage to see it this year though but I know TVA saw it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,have come in here in the hope of being cheered up -been diagnosed with
    breast cancer & had three ops the last one being a mastectomy and now I have the norvo virus which I would'nt wish on my worst enemy -someone cheer me up PLEASE!!!

Hi, oh I'm so sorry, didn't I meet you the other year at anton's class? I'm going to the show tomorrow, so hopefully it will be good.

I have had the similar rota-virus a year or two ago - ok, vain hope to make you giggle - easy way to loose weight??!!:o

Anyway, FT is right, keep your fluids up, you will get over it. Are you on a shed load of drugs post op?

Take care and big hugs... XXX
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I'm really fed up about this Cuddly. We had such good seats for the Wednesday night and now without so much as any kind of announcement, the dates have been cancelled.

hopefully by tomorrow we'll have front row Sunday...
    Forum Member
    Rain, rain and yet more rain. And more forecast. What a day. HRH has gone back to bed and I think I'm shortly going to follow her! So much for having a look at my garden.:(

Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning waltzingmatilda although the weather is depressing enough. 1st March tomorrow and at least the clocks go forward soon (28th March) so it'll feel more like Spring then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain, rain and yet more rain. And more forecast. What a day. ....

and i'm driving to Basingstoke. Anton better be worth it!
    Forum Member
    You know he will be!:D Have a great time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome WMatz hope you feel better soon. Hope we are suceeding in cheering you up. Here is an image for you. My OH gave me a very large teddy for valentines day and I didnt know where to put it so its now sitting infront of the PC as if its spending all day online!!

FT and TVA hope you get to your show and its great. Sounds like HRH has the right idea. Its rain here too and wind and the sea is churning like mad.

Must go and look at flats only two weeks to be out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just back from Anton's love bubble. Was worth the trip, not bad - it had stopped raining although a van went past me and completely covered my car in water from a huge puddle, no, lake, at the side of the road. I actually couldn't see anything for a few seconds, rather scary at 30mph!

Anyway the show was great, even Anton singing actually worked - he did me and my shadow and it was very comical.

Excellent charleston and gorgeous blue fringed dress.

Anton was very funny talking about the way lads wear their trousers these days - and then showed us his - up to his armpits!!!

Back to the real world and work... have had 2 good weeks but i think this week will be hard as another person is on leave...
    Forum Member
    Sounds as if you had a good time TVA. I'm glad he was in good form.

Managed to lose another two pounds this week at SW. It's very slow though. But the sun is shining so I feel so much better. Amazing what a difference a bit of blue sky makes!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaggghhh have had 3 blue screens of death again after 10 weeks of perfect working order of laptop. Glad I have new desktop as back up!!! Have emailed Dell, saying i want a replacement! Not happy. Can't use desk top and watch olympics at same time....
    Forum Member
    That's really annoying TVA. I had constant blue screens on my old desktop and gave up in the end and bought a new one. Once it starts, you never seem to get rid of the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really annoying TVA. I had constant blue screens on my old desktop and gave up in the end and bought a new one. Once it starts, you never seem to get rid of the problem.

yeah, but its 10.5 months old.
    Forum Member
    Good luck with shouting at Dell. I think the last time I had any dealings with them I gave up and passed the problem over to our IT guy. At least he talks the same language!!

Lovely day again today and I'm going out to lunch with a friend and then dinner to try out the new Chinese/Thai restaurant round the corner with some other friends. This is going to ruin my diet!!! At least I've got the rest of the week to be good.:D
    Forum Member
    EJ I hope you're okay and not too sore still from the biopsy. You must think positive and hope you get the right result on Friday. I finally get the results of my ultrasound tomorrow morning, but typically, since I had it done, the pain has virtually gone away!

Star I hope you have been successful in finding somewhere to live.

Hope everyone else is okay. Waltzingmatilda, do come back - I hope we cheered you up a little bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star How is the flat hunting doing? Have you found anywhere yet, time is getting short now isnt it.?

How is your weather up there. It has calmed down here a lot and we have seen some sun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all. If the paperwork goes ok I may have somewhere to live at last. Have paid the security deposit have to see to the forms today. Its in a nice place by a river not too far from the main road and just across the bridge over the rver to tesco.

Ej thinking of you hope everything will be ok. When were you last dancing?

FT have a nice meal what is Thai food like?

Must go lots to do have a good day all.
    Forum Member
    Thai food is a bit like Chinese but spicier. I love it.

Got results of ultrasound and it's nothing too serious, so that's a relief.

I hope everyone else gets the results they are hoping for.

Looking forward to DWTS starting soon (March 22nd). Looks like they have quite a good line up this time.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope everything goes ok with the flat then Star. Can you stay there long term this time or have you to move on after 6/12 months?

Is it furnished?

I havent danced for a week. Last week my lesson was Tuesday and this week John is in Italy teaching so my next lesson is Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh to have free time to go dancing.... roll on 7th april.

course work going well, getting some cases each day, but feeling guilty about skiing next week

No news from dell....
    they will wait until 18th april to reply as thats when laptop is one year old!