How do I find out my PPPoe username and password without calling my ISP?

I use Windows Xp and I want to know how I can find the information out on my cmputer? I tried...

Control panel

Network and internet connections

Newtork connections

All I got was my Addres type, IP address, subnet mask and my default gateway.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though PPPOE didn't have a username and password, it's PPPOA that did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahah, very funny! :D

Seriously though

I managed to get the email address from ISP, now what do I do with it? Where can I enter it? Because I want to find out my PPPOE username and password, Would I be able to do that with my Email address from my ISP? and how?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I'm being silly, which isn't on purpose, I'm not being funny. PPPOE authenticates you using your physical line therefore not requiring a username and password.

You might still need one to get on your ISP's website, so you might want to find a forgotten password link on their site.
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    How do you connect to the internet now?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that any ISPs used PPPoE in this country? I thought it was all PPPoA in the UK. Are you sure you don't mean PPPoA?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried accessing your routers configuration eg 192.168.0.1 or something like that? You might find the answers there? apologies if I misunderstand??

Although practically all ISPs used PPPoA in the past I believe some use PPPoE now - I suppose it depends what equipment is installed at the exchange end of your local loop?