So I've just bought a PS3...

RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
Forum Member
...and I'm currently putting together a list of the 'must have' PS3 titles that aren't available on the xbox 360.

This is where I am so far:

The Last Of Us
God Of War (III & Ascension)
Heavy Rain
Journey
Uncharted (1,2 & 3)

Gotta be a few titles that I've missed so any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infamous 1 and 2
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourites are

Heavy Rain
    LittleBigPlanet 1&2

List of exclusives at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with previous posts. Infamous 1&2 are fantastic games. LBP (either 1 or 2 ) should be experienced and are really cheap.
    If you are into driving games Gran Turismo will scratch your sim-style itch. 5 is out now and 6 will be here by the end of the year. 5 is an amazing game. If you are more of an arcade racer then the Motorstorm series is great, my personal fav was Pacific Rift, but they are all fun.

If you like JRPGs Ni No Kuni is brilliant, and one of the best looking games of the generation.

For shooters - Killzone 2&3 are both great and Resistance 3 is amazing in single player.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time is a really good 3D platformer and a personal fav.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last of Us
    LittleBigPlanet 1/2/Karting
    God of War 1/2/3/Ascension/Ghosts of Sparta/Chains of Olympus
    Ratchet & Clank 1/2/3/Gladiator/Tools of Destruction/Quest for Booty/A Crack in Time/All 4 One/Full Frontal Assault
    Heavy Rain
    Beyond: Two Souls
    inFamous 1/2/Festival of Blood
    Uncharted 1/2/3
    Gran Turismo 5/6
    Ni No Kuni
    Resistance 1/2/3
    flOw
    Flower
    Journey
    Fat Princess
    Ico
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Killzone 1/2/3
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare I say it. Even give singstar a bash. If you have a bluetooth headset you can even use that rather than buying the mics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    If you get Move the 4 best games are

Killzone 3
    Portal 2
    Resistance 3
    Bionshock Infinite
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've already got the real, absolutely top must-haves, but once you've worked your way through them, try Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFamous 2.
  • BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InFamous 2 is an ABSOLUTE must!. I'd also recommend Killzone 2 (best FPS this gen) & the brilliant indie platformer Guacamelee, then ur set ;).
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to say cheers for all of the above posts, I've now got God Of War III, Heavy Rain & Journey (collector's edition so also have flOw & Flower) and will be using the suggestions (or at least some of them) on this thread to build up my collection over the next couple of months.

I actually jumped on board the current gen back in 2009 (I'm not an early adopter) and had to make a choice between the 360 & PS3 as my console of choice.

Went with the 360 purely because the exclusives at that time were more appealing to me and until now I'd been pretty happy with that decision (and actually thought I'd be able to bypass the PS3 completely). However, 'The Last Of Us' changed all of that (desperate to play it but will wait until the price drops a bit) so thought I should at least make the most of what the PS3 has to offer...
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Slightly OT, but i have a PS3 ive just started gaming on (Last Of Us) but ive had it a good few years. Its the old Phat 40GB one and originally it didnt come with DS3.

When playing Last of us, the fans start going crazy after playing for about 10mins, louder than the launch 360 :O

Ive just pre ordered GTA:5 for it, so i hope it doesnt blow up :(

Are these known for problems?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but i have a PS3 ive just started gaming on (Last Of Us) but ive had it a good few years. Its the old Phat 40GB one and originally it didnt come with DS3.

When playing Last of us, the fans start going crazy after playing for about 10mins, louder than the launch 360 :O

They can be noisy especially with games that really push the system like that. Make sure it's well ventilated and hover out the vents to get rid of years of dust.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fans been going crazy in this hot weather too. Once I finish game I quit and leave it on the xmb until the fan drops back again before turning it off
    Forum Member
    Hmmm

I was tempted to buy a 2nd hand 120GB Slim for £90, but not sure its worth it considering my Phat has to last upto November.

i guess the heat isnt doing it any favours either.

EDIT: Now it wont turn on, and has a flashing red light on the front :eek:

it should be well ventilated also, as its on top my TV Unit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My PS3 slim has been reasonably quiet for the last couple of years but like you 'The Last of Us' has been ramping it up to full blast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm

I was tempted to buy a 2nd hand 120GB Slim for £90, but not sure its worth it considering my Phat has to last upto November.

i guess the heat isnt doing it any favours either.

EDIT: Now it wont turn on, and has a flashing red light on the front :eek:

it should be well ventilated also, as its on top my TV Unit.

Turn it off at the wall and let it cool down and try again. if you get a yellow light then its dead i'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    Turn it off at the wall and let it cool down and try again. if you get a yellow light then its dead i'm afraid.

Just done that, will leave it tonight and try again tomorrow.

Might just get GTA on the 360 now.

My 360 Slim seems fine in this weather tbh.

But then my PS3 is an old timer now.
    treefr0g wrote: »
    My PS3 slim has been reasonably quiet for the last couple of years but like you 'The Last of Us' has been ramping it up to full blast.

Hmmm, no point in getting a slim then :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't let me put you off.

I had a launch day PS3 and it was 10 times louder than my slim.

Up until now the slim has been fine. 'The Last of Us' is well known for pushing the PS3 to the limits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I played last of us on a launch PS3 and the fan never went to max. A modern super slim model would manage it with no issues.

I do live in Scotland though, im not getting the temperatures some of you in the south of England are getting.
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    I played last of us on a launch PS3 and the fan never went to max. A modern super slim model would manage it with no issues.

I do live in Scotland though, im not getting the temperatures some of you in the south of England are getting.

Could be an issue with my PS3 then?

It was so loud, i had to put my Home Cinema volume upto 56 to hear it and even then i didnt catch everything. Normally i would be playing on around 38 volume.

Its model number on the back is CECHH03.

Just not sure if its worth £95 quid just to play last of us and GTA 5
    Forum Member
    I always let ours cool down.

£95 to play TLOU - a bargain I expect and GTA5 - PS3 is lead platform
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always let ours cool down.

£95 to play TLOU - a bargain I expect and GTA5 - PS3 is lead platform

£20 trade in at game for the £40? Are they serious?

£52/£54 cash in CEX (£74/£76 trade in). If there's one nearby might be worth a look?

Also game will do a price match for trade in against CEX if there's one within a mile of their store.

If you already know this apologies!
    Forum Member
    Seems to be running alot better today.

Fans arnt going crazy though the room does feel cooler.
    Forum Member
    Just bought a Mini USB Fan which is apparently very good.

Give that ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    Fallout 3 anyone?
    Forum Member
    Bigshorts wrote: »
    Fallout 3 anyone?

Good game but save a lot and restart when it gets laggy