McGann spotted in second trailer

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
At the end of the dark tunnel - have a look (blink and you miss it)

Comments

• Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    As much as I would love it to be McGann, I think it was Kate Stewart, not 8.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »

I doubt it. They dont care about the classic series.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hence the zygons, which definitely aren't classic and the you've redecorated line
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And UNIT, Daleks, Gallifrey, and a whole wall of pictures of classic companions... plus probably loads more that they've not let us see yet.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That figure looks too feminine to be McGann. I thought it was Kate Stewart.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely Kate. Unless the 8th Doctor has started wearing some very tight trousers.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When I first saw the trailer I thought it might have been McGann but on a second viewing it's clearly not.

As said it's Kate Stewart but the interesting thing is those covered statues she's just about to show Clara and the Doctor.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought exactly the same as you when I saw that but I think its actually Kate Stewart!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Ahhh thats a shame then
  • thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    kate stewart with unit behind her ,enetering the gallery who then uncover the painting of gallifrey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I can't say definitely but there are rumours that Paul has shot some footage for the new series, but where it fits in or what for I can't say.
  • thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    rumours rumours rumours
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ----- wrote: »
    I can't say definitely but there are rumours that Paul has shot some footage for the new series, but where it fits in or what for I can't say.
    Well, there have been rumours of Paul McGann shooting new footage at various times over the last decade. None have ever come to fruition.

While the anniversary certainly seems like the most plausible time for Paul's return, I think I'll only believe it when I see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. They dont care about the classic series.
    McGann wasn't in the classic series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Was just going to say that too.. I never saw the movie as classic series..
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inclusion of "I was bottom of the poll" McGann or not, are we agreed that the 50th special will be about the Time War?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was just going to say that too.. I never saw the movie as classic series..

It's kind of the bridge between them, but since it stars McCoy and finally shows an end to his tenure I guess it counts.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind of the bridge between them, but since it stars McCoy and finally shows an end to his tenure I guess it counts.

For some of us, the McCoy era doesn't count either...
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Colin has been complaining about being excess baggage. He also seems adamant he has spoken to PM and he isn't in it in any shape or form. Hmmmmmmm. As time went on I genuinely thought he would be in the Minisodes.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    For some of us, the McCoy era doesn't count either...

In that case I don't count Pertwee. Or every third episode during 1980. Or any Robert Holmes serial that doesn't use the word jackanapes. This is a fun game!
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    November 23rd 1963: the day that Doctor Who died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    If we get a Mcgann regeneration should we consider new who as classic too then.
  • MobesMobes Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Well, there have been rumours of Paul McGann shooting new footage at various times over the last decade. None have ever come to fruition.

While the anniversary certainly seems like the most plausible time for Paul's return, I think I'll only believe it when I see it.

Unless there is a huge twist the chances seem to be he's not in it!

Although not a mega DW fan I find it incredibly sad that Paul wasn't asked back for 3 main reason.

1) Continuity. I know we didn't see the actual process of 2 turn into 3 but we saw the beginning and knew what had happened. To not see the McGann regeneration just feels like we're being cheated.

2) Pride in the legacy. The guy actually WANTED to be part of it! Unlike MR Ecclestone who has outgrown it (whatever) Paul wanted to 'do his bit' and unlike most of the other Doctors is still young enough to pull the part off more than convincingly.

3) Story: We know the story is part, if not all about the Time War! It makes perfect sense to see Paul turn into either Eccelstone or age into Hurt (or however they explain it. I've always liked the idea of Paul knowing what he has to do but is so reluctant either the Time Lords force a regeneration on him or the bad part of him forces a regeneration so that he is able to use the moment) So it makes sense for his specific Doctor to be there whereas it maybe doesn't for any of the others.

I hope I'm wrong :) and we see him....and not just in some painting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McGann wasn't in the classic series.

Then why is the film always in the classic range? Because Sylvester was in the film.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it hadn't been for Mccoy's appearance and the audiobooks, i wonder if the film would still count as cannon