Yay, another shampoo thread.

I don't have a favourite

So why bother reading and leaving a sarcastic comment then? :rolleyes:
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    So why bother reading and leaving a sarcastic comment then? :rolleyes:

Oooh get you. FYI I wasn't being sarcastic and if you bothered to read any of the shampoo threads already on here you will see that I do not have a favourite. So up yours self nominated forum police.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Herbal Essences. I've used their brand for over ten years.

Around once or twice a year I think "I really should try another brand - what if there's something amazing out there and I'm missing out by repeatedly buying the same thing?" so I buy something different to try but I always go back to Herbal Essences as soon as the bottle is empty (or sometimes sooner).
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    Oooh get you. FYI I wasn't being sarcastic and if you bothered to read any of the shampoo threads already on here you will see that I do not have a favourite. So up yours self nominated forum police.

So, you came into a thread asking people for their favourite shampoo, just to say "I don't have a favourite". Signed, a Member of the Self Nominated Forum Police. "Here to protect against random illogical posts."

John Freida's Sheer Blonde shampoos/conditioners are great for someone like me with lots of natural blonde highlights. I expect the brunette collection is equally as good.
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garnier Fructis (Repair & Shine) (for dry, damaged hair). :D
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    So, you came into a thread asking people for their favourite shampoo, just to say "I don't have a favourite". Signed, a Member of the Self Nominated Forum Police. "Here to protect against random illogical posts."

John Freida's Sheer Blonde shampoos/conditioners are great for someone like me with lots of natural blonde highlights. I expect the brunette collection is equally as good.

Actually I came into the thread to see if anyone recommended something not mentioned in the other shampoo threads. I have terrible trouble with shampoos, some just make my hair feel like straw and some stop working as well as they have done after a few washes. THATS why I posted in this thread and the others. :rolleyes:
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Lee Stafford's colour care.:) well, the whole range tbh.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Actually I came into the thread to see if anyone recommended something not mentioned in the other shampoo threads. I have terrible trouble with shampoos, some just make my hair feel like straw and some stop working as well as they have done after a few washes. THATS why I posted in this thread and the others. :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried organic shampoo bars? Even though they are organic they are very effective, give a nice lather and clean without stripping the hell out of your hair. Need to order a few myself actually.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    I alternate shampoos and conditioners never using the same one twice running - was advised this by a hairdresser years ago, prevents build up apparently.
    I like L'oreal Elvive - hair damage ones (I have bleached and dry hair), John Frieda and Pantene for coloured hair on the go at the moment.
    Often I use Aussie Moist - fantastic and smells like bubble gum
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I alternate shampoos and conditioners never using the same one twice running - was advised this by a hairdresser years ago, prevents build up apparently.
    I like L'oreal Elvive - hair damage ones (I have bleached and dry hair), John Frieda and Pantene for coloured hair on the go at the moment.
    Often I use Aussie Moist - fantastic and smells like bubble gum

I use the same conditioner for weeks on end sometimes. A decent clarifying shampoo will take care of any build up.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joico.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    My favouritest one ever was one for brunettes by Timotei.. But seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth! :(

I've since started using Dove 2-in-1. It leaves my hair so soft!
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aussie :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip B.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

You can take your rolls eyes elsewhere. I often go into a thread looking for inspiration, recommendations and suchlike as do many I expect, but it is possible to read without posting you know. So if someone picks you up on a post that makes no sense in relation to the question being asked, you'll have to suck it up as it does look daft.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Dr Organic vitamin E shampoo and conditioner. From Holland & Barrett.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Aussie :)

Me too. Aveda if i'm feeling flush.

There used to be a Nicky Clark Aromatherapy range a few years back. God knows why they discontinued it.:(