Viva Forever! has already made almost $5 Million - before even opening...

kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Viva Forever! A new musical based on the songs of The Spice Girls has already made a around $4,800,000 in advance ticket sales.

Pretty impressive as the show doesn't even open until December 11th.

Well done guys. A lot of hard work - Judy, Jennifer, Paul, Martin, Lynne, Geri, the the INCREDIBLE cast and everyone at XIX.

So happy to hear of the initial success, but also very excited to see the success grow even further and last for years to come and inspire a new generation of Girl Power.

A genuinely fantastic show.

Meryl? Are you free to start filming in Spain in 2014?? ;)

Comments

• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Viva Forever! A new musical based on the songs of The Spice Girls has already made a around $4,800,000 in advance ticket sales.

Pretty impressive as the show doesn't even open until December 11th.

Well done guys. A lot of hard work - Judy, Jennifer, Paul, Martin, Lynne, Geri, the the INCREDIBLE cast and everyone at XIX.

So happy to hear of the initial success, but also very excited to see the success grow even further and last for years to come and inspire a new generation of Girl Power.

A genuinely fantastic show.

Meryl? Are you free to start filming in Spain in 2014?? ;)

Have you seen it?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew who the OP would be
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri said they have already planned the movie too so that cannot be far off if this does end up being a success.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Have you seen it?

Not the whole thing.

But I've seen enough to know that Judy is onto another winner!

Mind you I may not be the most impartial of judges ;) - but I challenge even the most ardent Spice Girls opponent to see this show and not be impressed with the story, the comedy and the new take on the songs.
    Look out for the Right Back At Ya sung by Viva and her friends/bandmates, Mama/Goodbye sung by Viva and her mother (the incomparable Sally Ann Triplett) and Let love Lead The Way sung by Viva's Mother and her best friend (played by Lucy Montgomery of Tittybangbang fame). But I wouldn't dare reveal the big surprise musical moment. EPIC! Get your tickets booked for January before they go too!
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fully expect it to be diabolical to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I fully expect it to be diabolical to be honest.

I would encourage you to go - I guarantee you will change your mind.

Unless you are one of these heathens that believes that Jennifer Saunders isn't funny....
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would encourage you to go - I guarantee you will change your mind.

Unless you are one of these heathens that believes that Jennifer Saunders isn't funny....

How can you guarantee that? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No looking back
    And you thought we wouldn't make it this far
    So we proved you wrong again
    Now's the time
    We're coming right back with a brand new design
    Feelin fine

There've been tears along the way
    But we're still the best of friends
    Never needed to pretend
    'Cos real friendship never ends
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No looking back
    And you thought we wouldn't make it this far
    So we proved you wrong again
    Now's the time
    We're coming right back with a brand new design
    Feelin fine

There've been tears along the way
    But we're still the best of friends
    Never needed to pretend
    'Cos real friendship never ends

Would that be a song from those people that can only bear to be with each other if it's for money nowadays:)
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good for them, they were one of my favourite groups of the 90's doubt I'll see it though as Musicals don't interest me much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would that be a song from those people that can only bear to be with each other if it's for money nowadays:)

Only two ladies don't get on these days, come on! That's about as good as it gets!

Don't let's ask for the moon when we already have the stars :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only two ladies don't get on these days, come on! That's about as good as it gets!

Don't let's ask for the moon when we already have the stars :D

Still makes all the lyrics about friendship being forever seem like just a hollow and horridly commercial scam. Particularly when they get back to sing about it, hideous hypocrisy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still makes all the lyrics about friendship being forever seem like just a hollow and horridly commercial scam. Particularly when they get back to sing about it, hideous hypocrisy.

But technically, this particular song is only about four of them being 'the best of friends' which is still true in a couple of combinations!

Emma, Mel, Geri and Melanie.

and

Emma, Victoria, Geri and Melanie.

In all seriousness, they started out as friends, they're still friends now - whatever dramas or fluctuations - they all have a bond that will never be broken.
    There's always one drama or another between a couple of them and there likely always will be. Fame does funny things to people - It's all in the Musical ;)
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not be seeing this pile of tripe. Just as I wouldn't pay a penny to have seen the real deal back in the 90s.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It' can't be any worse than Mammi Mia, We Will Rock you when will they learn :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But technically, this particular song is only about four of them being 'the best of friends' which is still true in a couple of combinations!

Emma, Mel, Geri and Melanie.

and

Emma, Victoria, Geri and Melanie.

In all seriousness, they started out as friends, they're still friends now - whatever dramas or fluctuations - they all have a bond that will never be broken.
    There's always one drama or another between a couple of them and there likely always will be. Fame does funny things to people - It's all in the Musical ;)

Well then the songs that you eulogise really need to be more specific, lyrics like "some of us will remain aquaintances but **** the rest of them" strategically placed in the girl power luv.

Really don't buy that those foursomes all love each other either, or we'd get loads more interaction, other than around things to plug.

Anyway music is shite IMO, but I felt the same about Queen and abba, so I'm never a judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lyrics like "some of us will remain aquaintances but **** the rest of them" .

I chuckled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not be seeing this pile of tripe. Just as I wouldn't pay a penny to have seen the real deal back in the 90s.

What does that have to do with anything?
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It' can't be any worse than Mammi Mia, We Will Rock you when will they learn :p

learn what exactly?:confused: these `musicals` make a lot of money.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be a complete snob and say that I think "musicals" like Mamma Mia and Viva Forever are theatre done in a style for people who would normally hate theatre and would otherwise never set foot in one. You get quite different audiences at shows like these compared to something like Carousel!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I think that's fair to say. Plus it's another way to make money off the brand.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are being way too harsh I reckon. The team behind Mamma Mia and Jennifer Saunders herself produced this. I cannot see it not being a hit and it must have impressed alot if a movie is being talked of before it has even opened.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    No I think that's fair to say. Plus it's another way to make money off the brand.

Nostalgia in full swing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any real talk of a movie is a long way off yet. The show has to sustain it's success after opening, successfully move to Broadway and possibly other territories before they will consider a film version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so the worst kept secret of the official opening night is now confirmed -

All five Spices will be attending Opening Night on December 11th!

The third 'reunion' of 2012.

Mildly upset that we were very close to having two of the biggest females in the music industry in attendance at the premiere as both had expressed an interest earlier in the year, however, it's no longer looking likely as one will be in Russia on the 11th on tour and the other isn't making big appearances for the foreseeable future and would rather attend incognito at another time. Shame! Both ladies are huge fans and it would have been amazing press!