Removing marks from an LCD screen

rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was dusting my TV LCD screen earlier with a micro fibre cloth and I noticed there were some fingerprints/marks on the screen. I have tried to wet them with my finger and rub them off but they are still there.

What's the best way of removing marks from an LCD screen without applying too much pressure?

Thanks.

Comments

• Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find a clean just washed cotton hankerchief or soft cotton i.e. non scratchy, so no tissues. Make it into a soft wodge.

Very dilute mix of water and a weeny bit of washing up liquid.
    Let the wodge get almost dry, just damp, then draw across the screen towards the nearest edge very gently, no rubbing.
    The objective being to see the liquid dry a few cm behind the wodge. Least possible pressure.

Finger prints are not good as they contain grease/dirt/other stuff which is not good for the coatings on the display panel, best not to touch with fingers at all.
  • rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helmut10 wrote: »
    Find a clean just washed cotton hankerchief or soft cotton i.e. non scratchy, so no tissues. Make it into a soft wodge.

Very dilute mix of water and a weeny bit of washing up liquid.
    Let the wodge get almost dry, just damp, then draw across the screen towards the nearest edge very gently, no rubbing.
    The objective being to see the liquid dry a few cm behind the wodge. Least possible pressure.

Finger prints are not good as they contain grease/dirt/other stuff which is not good for the coatings on the display panel, best not to touch with fingers at all.

Thanks! Will give it a try.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use PC screen wipes. There shouldn't be fingermarks on the TV screen, there is no reason to touch it but if you have little ones about then I can understand.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Microfibre cloth moistened slightly will remove nearly all marks, nothing else needed,
    Anything really stubborn and a drop of Vodka will shift it. If you get to that stage though.............Lock up the kids....;):D
  • rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I use PC screen wipes. There shouldn't be fingermarks on the TV screen, there is no reason to touch it but if you have little ones about then I can understand.

I don't. :o I just used my fingers to get a little mark off and made it worse!