Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Agree completely that that story doesn't make him a paedophile or pervert, though there would still be the question of whether there were other Jane Nevins in his life around that time.
    Well, no-one else has come forward....
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't posted for a while, yet I have enormous respect for other posters on this thread, who, no matter how overwhelming or harrowing, continue to post intelligent and in depth insights, keeping abreast of latest developments and up to date links.

It's funny you read so much, but occasionally an article still has the power to take you completely off guard. It's encouraging in one respect, yet terribly sad that thanks to the enormous courage of others that have so far come forward, this poor soul has only just felt brave enough to speak out.

No words really. :(

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/371936/I-was-raped-at-13-by-Jimmy-Savile-in-satanist-ritual

You actually believe that rubbish!?
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonm01 wrote: »

It sounds like someone saw Rosemary's baby and a bunch of Hammer movies and mistook them for documentaries.

Only Evangelicals with an axe to grind would buy that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    jonm01 wrote: »

You don't?
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    You don't?

Anyone who does wants their head checked...
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    It sounds like someone saw Rosemary's baby and a bunch of Hammer movies and mistook them for documentaries.

Only Evangelicals with an axe to grind would buy that.

This is a far cry from Rosemary's Baby and Hammer films. It seems to me more like a buch of sadistic child abusers trying to scare a girl for life using all that satanic nonsense. According to a blog of a woman who was supposedly a victim of "ritualistic" child abuse, satanists (not of the Anton LaVey kind) don't really believe in the devil (the satanic thing is more to scare their victims) and it is more like a philosophy of life, with people who crave power. They believe evil is the true human nature and practicing would bring the true freedom.

I don't know if this shit exists. It seems too unreal to me too and I don't think I believe it. But I doubt the Express would play with something as serious as child rape and IMO, it doesn't seem to me the woman telling this story is doing it for money or publicity. It could be all from her heard, she may have been victim of serious child abuse in her childhood and in the light of the recent scandal, she became disturbed.
    Forum Member
    Anyone who does wants their head checked...

I work in the judiciary. There is WORSE shit than that, believe me. Terrible stories. Abuse of children and adults by groups is, unfortunately, not that rare.
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't?

Not for a minute..
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paula was too traumatised to tell the police. However, she spoke to the Sunday Express

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/371936/I-was-raped-at-13-by-Jimmy-Savile-in-satanist-ritual

How strange. She wouldn't talk to the police, but she would talk to a Sunday paper. :rolleyes: Personally, I don't believe a word of it.
    Forum Member
    How strange. She wouldn't talk to the police, but she would talk to a Sunday paper. :rolleyes: Personally, I don't believe a word of it.

Maybe she thought the police reaction would be the same as here and she knew at least the paper would listen to her.

I don't believe it happened either. It seems all too much theatrical: Savile smoking his cigar on a throne-like chair wearing a robe, a man saying "You really fixed this one, Jim" while he raped her, etc. It reminds me of "I''m King Jimmy" of the cub scout story. However, this is not worse story of child abuse I've read and I could see sadistic child abusers doing that to scare a child. Anyway, she seems to me a really disturbed woman and I hope she gets help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a far cry from Rosemary's Baby and Hammer films.

The description is straight out of those films - literally, it could be describing the sex scene in Rosemary's baby or the 'black mass' in a couple of Hammer films.

Jimmy wore a mask but managed to smoke a Cigar, and his cover was blown by people using his catchphrase?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she thought the police reaction would be the same as here and she knew at least the paper would listen to her.

I don't believe it happened either. It seems all too much theatrical: Savile smoking his cigar on a throne-like chair wearing a robe, a man saying "You really fixed this one, Jim" while he raped her, etc. It reminds me of "I''m King Jimmy" of the cub scout story. However, this is not worse story of child abuse I've read and I could see sadistic child abusers doing that to scare a child. Anyway, she seems to me a really disturbed woman and I hope she gets help.

The paper will listen to her because that kind of sensationalist rubbish sells papers. She does sound seriously disturbed.

With respect Linda, you may well have heard worse stories in your line of work, but it doesn't automatically mean they aren't fabricated.
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    The description is straight out of those films - literally, it could be describing the sex scene in Rosemary's baby or the 'black mass' in a couple of Hammer films.

Nah, in Rosemary's Baby the worshippers are naked and she is on a bed. In the Express story, they were wearing robes and she was on a table. Even if the scenes are similar, it doesn't mean the abusers couldn't get an "inspiration" from fiction. The story seems to me delusions of a woman who needs help. I only wish the Express wouldn't print it. Stories like these don't help at all
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More Denis Wheatley as I said earlier in the thread.
    Forum Member
    The paper will listen to her because that kind of sensationalist rubbish sells papers. She does sound seriously disturbed.

With respect Linda, you may well have heard worse stories in your line of work, but it doesn't automatically mean they aren't fabricated.

The worse stories I've read aren't about ritual abuse. They are more like group rape of children and adults (I remember a group rape, followed by a murder), very disturbing stuff, really depressing. And these are convictions (I work on appellations). They happened. This kind of evil exists.

Even if the environment of the sexual abuse of that woman, with robes and chanting, makes the story more unbelievable, it doesn't mean Savile wasn't capable of something similar, without the robes and "Hail Satan". From all what I've read, he was. I don't believe the story because it's way too dramatic. And because I don't want to believe a group such as that one exists.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Initially, in the early days of the thread - when news of Savile's abuse was revealed, perhaps because we were still reeling from the shock and extent of it all, we were tending more to give these women the benefit of the doubt. I can see though that over time as the numbers of those coming forward has abated, it's much easier to spot someone spinning a yarn! Her story was so visually descriptive.....(and yes, I can see now, almost too melodramatic) well yes, I took at face value.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but as that's unlikely to happen, bow to the judgement of those who have poured over many such articles in recent months and can tell the difference. (Slap on head smiley!)
    Forum Member
    It appears Savile did own a computer, at least until five years ago:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/oct/31/jimmy-savile-spun-me-yarns

I wonder what was made of it. If he thrown it away before his death. If he still owned near his death, his family (or friends) probably took it after he died. It could have precious evidence.
    I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but as that's unlikely to happen, bow to the judgement of those who have poured over many such articles in recent months and can tell the difference. (Slap on head smiley!)

You know, even if it is unlikely, the story can be real. We will never know. It's not like she is describing people eating babies or demons appearing from fire and sulfur.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It appears Savile did own a computer, at least until five years ago:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/oct/31/jimmy-savile-spun-me-yarns

I wonder what was made of it. If he thrown it away before his death. If he still owned near his death, his family (or friends) probably took it after he died. It could have precious evidence.

You know, even if it is unlikely, the story can be real. We will never know. It's not like she is describing people eating babies or demons appearing from fire and sulfur.

He told alot of lies...why bother to say that? he should have asked him why lie but I guess he felt he'd been misled already so why bother?.

I can understand the concept that there may have been such supposed rituals take place somewhere (I'm not sure about the hospital setting) with the strange/intimidating clothing and scriptures etc. spoken, done with hopes to help partly discredit the victim, if they go to the authorities and claim things that sound outrageous, they may be less likely to believe them that it happened, particularly if the person has health problems and is on strong medication. Like you say, its much less believable if they start to talk about evil miracle equivalent happened, like apparitions appearing out of a puff of smoke or something like that.

If other people are involved then maybe we'll find out something, if evidence can be found from the other people but there again, they've probably had plenty of time to get rid of any such evidence, so its likely we'll never know for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is allegedly some of the Elm Guest House documents
    http://postimage.org/gallery/7pkkeq9g/
    but obviously no way of authenticating them. Could be a hoax, although quite an elaborate one.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    He told alot of lies...why bother to say that? he should have asked him why lie but I guess he felt he'd been misled already so why bother?.

I can understand the concept that there may have been such supposed rituals take place somewhere (I'm not sure about the hospital setting) with the strange/intimidating clothing and scriptures etc. spoken, done with hopes to help partly discredit the victim, if they go to the authorities and claim things that sound outrageous, they may be less likely to believe them that it happened, particularly if the person has health problems and is on strong medication. Like you say, its much less believable if they start to talk about evil miracle equivalent happened, like apparitions appearing out of a puff of smoke or something like that.

If other people are involved then maybe we'll find out something, if evidence can be found from the other people but there again, they've probably had plenty of time to get rid of any such evidence, so its likely we'll never know for sure.

Yes, the journalist probably thought JS wouldn't bother telling the true and probably would say it was his nephew's computer or something.

Yes, the woman can be telling the true. The "ritual" could have been made to discredit her and scare her. I think she has some imagination and, while she may have suffered some terrible abuse in the past, I don't really think the story is true. However, if it is true, IMO, it would be more of a work of sadistic child abusers than a secret conspiracy of satanists.
    Forum Member
    This is allegedly some of the Elm Guest House documents
    http://postimage.org/gallery/7pkkeq9g/
    but obviously no way of authenticating them. Could be a hoax, although quite an elaborate one.

Did you read the names? The "world famous" popstar ir more like a famous singer in Britain. He isn't that much famous in the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The main reason I'm sceptical of 'Satanic abuse'-type stories* is that you wouldn't need to go to such lengths to intimidate a child.

In fact, the very bizarreness of the experience might make the child remember and dwell on it, rather than, as many do, try to deal with the experience through such processes as dissociation, denial and memory suppression.
    As we have seen over and over again, children and young people can be fairly easily frightened and manipulated into silence. Even if they do speak up, they might not be believed.

*Apart from the obvious reason, i.e. that there aren't any real Satan-worshippers who conduct Eyes Wide Shut-themed shenanigans because, in our secular age, there is no need to defy God by worshipping the Devil. Here in Britain, at least, most people are apathetic about religion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, in Rosemary's Baby the worshippers are naked and she is on a bed. In the Express story, they were wearing robes and she was on a table. Even if the scenes are similar, it doesn't mean the abusers couldn't get an "inspiration" from fiction. The story seems to me delusions of a woman who needs help. I only wish the Express wouldn't print it. Stories like these don't help at all

Yes, but the gathering round and cheering/chanting the act on rings bells. Polanksi has depicted similar scenes in other films too, and his own misdeeds have led to a few drawing links of their own.
    The regalia and staging is pure Wheatley - The Devil rides out for example. A totally invented vision of a ritual, with sacrifice usually substituted for the sex act as it's somehow less controversial!

In this story (prompted, one notes, by the express's previous story of something similar) the solemnity of the scene is broken by somebody exclaiming "you definitely fixed this one Jim!" - makes it sound like Carry On Satan. Kind of spoils the point of hiding your identity if your mates are going to blurt your name and catchphrase out. A catchphrase that only began in May 1975 - pretty tight, as this was allegedly enacted the same year.

Sure, it's within the realms of possibility that abusers could put on a show to discredit their victims claims, but as diversionary tactics go this would rank as epic.
    And pointless, as the kicker is the claim that this was "with the consent of my parents, who were well known Satanists".

Rrright.....

The Express should indeed be ashamed.
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The names.... allegedly...
    http://postimage.org/image/obdmstlb7/
This discussion has been closed.