Tulisa loses assault case appeal

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Former X Factor judge Tulisa LOST her assault case appeal today.

The 26-year-old singer, was convicted last year of hitting Savvas Morgan, also known Vas J Morgan, during an altercation at V-Festival in Chelmsford in August 2013.

She said at the trial that Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her and conducted a "vendetta" against her after an incident in which she asked security to remove him from a VIP area at the Whisky Mist nightclub in London's Mayfair.

The former N-Dubz singer also outlined her suspicions that he was involved in the release of a sex tape of her online.

Today Judge David Radford at London's Snaresbrook Crown Court said: "We find that she did strike Mr Morgan."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tulisa-court-live-singer-continues-4975783

At least this one will stick I suppose, and not collapse on a technicality ..

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must have been some witnesses, or a witness, that came forward to testify that Tulisa did actually strike him. If it was because of a witness/witnesses, I hope they're not lying.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tulisa-court-live-singer-continues-4975783

At least this one will stick I suppose, and not collapse on a technicality ..

A 'technicality' like the main witness being a compulsive liar you mean?
  • playboy69playboy69 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Oh well. Vas Morgan is a vile man and I think most people would hit him anyway.
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them are scumbags. Him for insulting a mentally ill woman and her for resorting to violence. She could have just walked away after a shouting match or whatever.

I have no sympathy for Tulisa, there comes a time when you need to accept responsibility for yourself instead of launching countless appeals and seeing if you can get off because you have "a name" for yourself.

She is a middle class white girl who pretends to be some East London gangsta, when you surround yourself with scum, you'll be dragged down. You live by the wannabe gangsta sword, you'll die by it (metaphorically speaking).

Everybody has choices, and she keeps choosing the wrong ones, and expects to get away with it when it comes back to bite her on the bum. She has never been that likeable anyway, but now her career is in the toilet, her face is a mess, and she is a laughing stock.

Best thing she could do is quietly accept her pop career is over, maybe work behind the scenes, and more importantly do a bit of growing up.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 'technicality' like the main witness being a compulsive liar you mean?

He could have sat on the stand and said the moon was made of cheese and it still wouldn't have changed the fact that they had evidence to prove she actually did what she was charged with doing.

And not just one person's word against another which could be called in to doubt over the lies, but actual hard evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playboy69 wrote: »
    Oh well. Vas Morgan is a vile man and I think most people would hit him anyway.

If what's been printed in that article is true, he must be a complete moronic cretin.
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geos wrote: »
    Both of them are scumbags. Him for insulting a mentally ill woman and her for resorting to violence. She could have just walked away after a shouting match or whatever.

I have no sympathy for Tulisa, there comes a time when you need to accept responsibility for yourself instead of launching countless appeals and seeing if you can get off because you have "a name" for yourself.

She is a middle class white girl who pretends to be some East London gangsta, when you surround yourself with scum, you'll be dragged down. You live by the wannabe gangsta sword, you'll die by it (metaphorically speaking).

Everybody has choices, and she keeps choosing the wrong ones, and expects to get away with it when it comes back to bite her on the bum. She has never been that likeable anyway, but now her career is in the toilet, her face is a mess, and she is a laughing stock.

Best thing she could do is quietly accept her pop career is over, maybe work behind the scenes, and more importantly do a bit of growing up.

I absolutely agree with every word of this. Thing is, look at the pressure she has put on her poor mum who has a serious illness and her dad. I remember reading a story about the trouble in one of the tabloids about her behaviour and the stress it had caused them.

I can't believe the media are giving her a second chance, in particular on The X Factor assisting Louis Walsh. >:(
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member
    He could have sat on the stand and said the moon was made of cheese and it still wouldn't have changed the fact that they had evidence to prove she actually did what she was charged with doing.

And not just one person's word against another which could be called in to doubt over the lies, but actual hard evidence.

Why didn't the judge proceed with the prosecution then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what I'm wondering. I thought the case got threw out because one of the lads got exposed as a liar.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because he couldn't, once it was established that Mahmood had changed his testimony regarding his conversation with the driver.

As a point of law, he had to bring the trial to an end. And as a point of law, that meant she was cleared.

It doesn't automatically make the evidence against her vanish in to the ether though.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The long reach of Simon Cowell I reckon! :p