Pilots you're looking forward to!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
With Pilots being cast and filmed ready for later this year, which ones are you all looking forward to?

Personally I'm looking forward to Delirium, The Selection, The Tomorrow People, Reign and The Hundred

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The hundred, intelligence and the one with Rupert Grint :p
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few but i'm waiting to see which ones get picked up for series until i get too invested.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Oxygen, The Originals, The Tomorrow People, Delirium, The Selection, The Hunt and there's probably more but I can't remember. 2013 sounds like a good year for US TV :D.

Basically anything dystopian or supernatural.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    The Selection pilot will be filmed in Budapest, Hungary and Reign will be filmed in Ireland!
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Selection pilot will be filmed in Budapest, Hungary and Reign will be filmed in Ireland!

Ohh, where about's in Ireland, i'm from there.
    And i'm looking forward to The Tomorrow People and The Selection.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm dreading The Tomorrow People... I just reckon CW are going to ruin it :(
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    I'm dreading The Tomorrow People... I just reckon CW are going to ruin it :(

Its already been ruined, did you not see the 90s version with Todd Landers from Neighbours in it? :eek:
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread, some great sounding shows that I plan on trying out. :)

I'm also planning on giving Defiance a go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_%28TV_series%29
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread, The Selection and Under the Dome both sound great and I'll be trying them out. :)

I'm also planning on giving Defiance a go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_%28TV_series%29

From what I've read Defiance sounds great... remind me of the last show Sy-Fy did which was worth watching though? :(:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    Its already been ruined, did you not see the 90s version with Todd Landers from Neighbours in it? :eek:

Thankfully not! :eek: :D
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S.H.I.E.L.D. And Defiance for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this thread, some great sounding shows that I plan on trying out. :)

I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds like another one I'll try out, thanks!
    Forum Member
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    Ohh, where about's in Ireland, i'm from there.
    And i'm looking forward to The Tomorrow People and The Selection.

Have no idea, but Reign will be filming in April so keep your eyes peeled! I'm assuming that this show will need to be filmed around castles or the like so....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member

Another one I'd not heard of but I'll have a watch. Thanks!
    Forum Member

It will be seen this summer.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    There is more pilots but I cannot remember what they are called at the moment.

The Returned
    Plot: What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day’s gone by? The lives of the people of Arcadia are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return.

Bad Teacher
    Plot: Based on the film, a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

Beverly Hills Cop
    Plot: Continuation of the movie franchise, centered around Axel Foley’s police officer son, who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

Super Clyde
    Plot: Centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a super hero.

Blink
    Plot: A warm, quirky, humorous drama about a family whose lives are forever changed, for better and worse, when the patriarch has a car crash resulting in a coma-like syndrome where he cannot speak or move, but can see and hear all. His narration and fantasy sequences emanating from his mind provide context and a wry counterpoint to the stories and conflicts of the family and his own situation.

The Hundred
    Plot: Ninety-seven years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, a spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.

Reign
    From: Stephanie Sengupta (writer/producer, Hawaii Five-0)
    Plot: The previously unknown and untold story of Mary Queen of Scots’ rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, and with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. The secret history of survival at French Court amid fierce foes, dark forces and a world of sexual intrigue.

The Selection
    Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain (writers/producers, 666 Park Avenue)
    Plot: Set 300 years in the future, the drama is an epic romance centering on a working-class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Balancing her loyalty to family, true love and the kingdom, she must attempt to remain true to herself as she navigates the cutthroat competition and palace intrigue, all while a budding rebellion threatens to topple the crown.

The Tomorrow People
    Plot: Based on the U.K. series created by Roger Price, the drama tells the story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil.

The List
    Plot: When members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed, U.S. Marshal Dan Shaker leads the hunt for the person who stole “the list” – a file with the identities of every member of the program.

Sleepy Hollow
    From: Alex Kurtzman, Bob Orci (creators, Fringe & Hawaii Five-0) and Phil Iscove
    Plot: A modern-day supernatural thriller based on the legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Untitled Bad Robot/J.H. Wyman Project
    Plot: An action-packed buddy cop drama, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.

After Hours
    Plot: An ensemble medical show following Army doctors working the late shift at a San Antonio Hospital.

Believe
    From: Alfonso Cuaron (director, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), Mark Freindman (creator, The Forgotten) and J.J. Abrams
    Plot: An unlikely relationship develops between a young girl with a gift and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hundred :)

Sleepy Hollow :(
    Forum Member
    Along with the above I'm curious about:

ABC:

West Side:

"Romeo and Juliet"-esque drama about two rival families and a forbidden and dangerous romance emerging between them as the two families battle for control of Venice, California

CBS:

Crazy Ones:

single-camera comedy about the brilliant - but slightly out of his mind - head of an advertising agency and his daughter/creative director who's tasked with keeping him in check

· Amanda Setton as Lauren Slotsky
    · Hamish Linklater as Andrew Kennedy
    · James Wolk as Zach Cropper
    · Robin Williams as Simon Roberts
    · Sarah Michelle Gellar as Sydney Roberts

The Mccarthys:

single-camera comedy about an Irish-Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and their gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family

· Jack McGee as Arthur
    · Jacki Weaver as Marjorie
    · Jake Lacy as Ronny
    · Jessica Chaffin as Jackie
    · Joey McIntyre as Gerard

Intelligence:

drama about the U.S. Cyber Command and its key agent (Josh Holloway) who has a microchip implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum

· James Martinez as Gonzalo "Gonzo" Sanchez
    · Josh Holloway as Gabriel Black
    · Marg Helgenberger as Lillian Strand
    · Michael Rady as Chris Jameson

FOX:

Delirium:
    drama based on Lauren Oliver's book trilogy about a world where love - a.k.a. deliria - is deemed illegal and can be eradicated with a special procedure

· Billy Campbell as Thomas Fineman
    · Corey Reynolds as Tack
    · Daren Kagasoff as Alex
    · Emma Roberts as Lena Holoway
    · Gregg Sulkin as Julian Fineman
    · Jeanine Mason as Hana

Gang Related:
    drama about a gang member sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department only to be caught between his crime family ties and an increasing sense of loyalty to his new brothers in blue

· Inbar Lavi as Vanessa "Vee" Hicks
    · Jay Hernandez as Dante Acosta
    · Ramon Rodriguez as Ryan Lopez
    · Sung Kang as Tae Kim

NBC:

About a Boy:
    single-camera comedy based on Nick Hornby's book-turned-film of the same name about the relationship between a bachelor man-child and the young boy who moves in next-door with his kooky single mother

· Anjelah N. Johnson as Laurie
    · David Walton as Will
    · Minnie Driver as Fiona

Girlfriend in Coma:
    single-camera comedy about a woman who unexpectedly awakens from a coma after 17 years to find she has a teenage daughter

· Christina Ricci as Karen McNeil
    · Daniel Stern as Tom McNeil
    · Miranda Cosgrove as Evie McNeil

Bloodlines:
    drama about a smart and irreverent teenager who finds herself caught in the middle of an epic struggle between two warrior families

· Chris Zylka as Troy Robbins
    · Jonathan Banks as Leo Killpriest
    · KaDee Strickland as Stella Killpriest
    · Skyler Samuels as Bird Benson
    · Tom Everett Scott as Christopher Benson

The Hatfields & Mccoys:
    drama which reignites the centuries-old family feud in a contemporary urban setting

· Jesse Lee Soffer as Patrick McCoy
    · Nick Westrate as Randall Hatfield
    · Patrick Flueger as Jack McCoy
    · Rebecca De Mornay as Mary Hatfield
    · Sophia Bush as Emma McCoy
    · Virginia Madsen as Eloise McCoy

Untitled Rand Ravich project:
    Washington, D.C.-set drama about an idealistic secret service agent who finds himself at the epicenter of an international crisis on his first day on the job

· Gillian Anderson as Meg Fitch
    · Halston Sage as Amber Fitch
    · Lance Gross as Marcus Finley
    · Rachael Taylor as Susie Dunn
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S.H.I.E.L.D. as it will be great having Joss Whedon back on tv! Not sure how involved he will be beyond the pilot but still good to have some more Joss.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a good primetime soap so I'm hoping that Gothica, Westside (formerly known as Venice) and The Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives make it past the pilot stage. I also like the sound of ABC's Reckless about a man trying to rescue his wife who is imprisoned overseas during an uprising.
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    I also like the sound of ABC's Reckless about a man trying to rescue his wife who is imprisoned overseas during an uprising.

There is also a pilot on CBS with the same title :o.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is also a pilot on CBS with the same title :o.

I know! The one on CBS sounds pretty sh*t though. This type of thing happens quite often. There were two Beauty and the Beasts in development last year with only the CW one making it to air. There's two Sleepy Hollows in development this year too - one that has made it to pilot stage on FOX and the other still in development on the CW.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    There's two Sleepy Hollows in development this year too - one that has made it to pilot stage on FOX and the other still in development on the CW.

Well, the projects "in development" at the networks that didn't get picked up for a pilot are effectively dead, so the two Sleep Hollow projects are now just one.:) Sure, sometimes dead projects get revived, but it is rare for that to happen.
    Forum Member
    IThere were two Beauty and the Beasts in development last year with only the CW one making it to air.

and the CW one is in danger of cancellation :o.