James Arthur - Impossible (Winners Single)

19921992 Posts: 4,677
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUi0fcEAf1w

I really like this! My favourite winners song.

Thoughts? :)

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful, compared to the original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    He has a nice tone to his voice but limited range. If I hadn't heard the original, I might be impressed with this song but Shontelle has the range to do this song justice and James doesn't.
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    This guy cant sing,,but it gets him out ov his bedsit,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is bad. I haven't followed this X factor so had never heard him.
    He was the best of the bunch?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the original and I love his interpretation. It's one of the few winners singles where lyrically the song is relevent to what he went and has been through.

This may be my favourite winners single since Alex Burke's.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the kids will buy it but its a poor song sung by an average singer. No doubt he'll be appearing at a Butlins near you within 12 months.:D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    I'm sure the kids will buy it but its a poor song sung by an average singer. No doubt he'll be appearing at a Butlins near you within 12 months.:D

Very likely, but only to be there to support his good mate Rylan. Then afterwards, he will make way to a sold out gig at hammersmith where he is due to perform.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's dreadful. Very odd song choice too. Why does the winners' single always have to be some dreary ballad? Will there ever be an upbeat one like Sound of the Underground again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dreadful. Very odd song choice too. Why does the winners' single always have to be some dreary ballad? Will there ever be an upbeat one like Sound of the Underground again?

The last 2 Aussie winners have been uptempo songs.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this crap cover is not number one for xmas. Come on public. wake up and stop buying covers, make them record a new song like they did for shayne ward.
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the song suits him at all something like One by U2 would have been much better i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the song suits him at all something like One by U2 would have been much better i think.

that would have been bloody better, its hardly xmasy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    just donate some money directly to the charity, then you won't feel inclined to buy this steaming pile of s***e
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IT'S AWFUL!!!

That's the thing about doing covers, it's very hard to out do the original but this just seems like the same version but with him singing instead of her.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    The last 2 Aussie winners have been uptempo songs.

You don't hear them much in the UK or Ireland though and I haven't looked online as I don't follow it.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people praise James, but I never liked him. He always sings like he is dying, he moans and is so intense all the time. And in my opinion, he sings everything in the same way - I don't think i could listen to his album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    this just seems like the same version but with him singing instead of her.

Yeah, I suppose its a bit like a cover in that respect isn't it? :rolleyes:
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow another thread with digs at a pure talented artist.

When you can go and win a singing comp and have a single go to number 1 on pre orders alone and stay at number one come back and might take you the least bit serious
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow another thread with digs at a pure talented artist.

When you can go and win a singing comp and have a single go to number 1 on pre orders alone and stay at number one come back and might take you the least bit serious

Lol, you seriously think that's down to him? It's called marketing!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I am much happier this won and not Jahmene's cover. I wasn't familiar with the Shontelle original so can't comment on whether it's better or not, however the amount of radio airplay it will get will be much more tolerable than hearing 'Let it Be' all over the festive season.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Lol, you seriously think that's down to him? It's called marketing!:rolleyes:

? Whats called marketing
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ? Whats called marketing

The whole thing. X Factor is one big marketing ploy!:rolleyes:
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ? Whats called marketing

The fact that he is no.1 in pre-sales. That means nothing because this usually always happens to The X factor winner. Let's face it, if he covered "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", that would have also been no.1.

And so what if people say negative opinion about him? Everyone has the right to think and say what they want - I don't have to like him or praise just because he won the show.

He is talented at interpreting songs, but his vocal abilities are nothing special.

And by the way, he clearly didn't make I'm Sexy And I Know It interpretation but took credit when all the judges praised him without saying a word - that's not ok...
  • Kitty-Kat_MEOW.Kitty-Kat_MEOW. Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    madmark20 wrote: »
    This guy cant sing,,but it gets him out ov his bedsit,

You must be joking, he has got heart and passion in his voice. Weather he can reach certain tones or not is beside the point, what he has got is GOOOOOOD...
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, I'll be buying it.

But I will also be buying "He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother" by the Justice Collective and hope that's the one that gets Christmas Number 1 this year.

Call me cynical but I think this whole "XF Winner's Charity Christmas Single" just smacks of Simon Cowell being sick of being beaten to #1 by a charity song. Hopefully the Hillsborough record will get it this year and raise some money for a great cause.