Filming Wraps on 50th Special

Comments

• Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you imagine the the petition getting to 100k an parliament debating Doctor who? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I'm one if the McGann "WEIRDOS" as you call us. I will refrain from calling you names. Just thought I'd add that on twitter DoctorWhoOnline has confirmed that the anniversary episode will be only 60 minutes.
    @DoctorWhoOnline doesn't seem to have posted anything since 31st August 2011. Do you mean someone from the website has posted? If so, what is the name of Twitter Account please.

Edit: Sorry, just read a post above that shows the link.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about all the secret filming that is still going on :D
    you know- the ones with Colin Baker, Sly McCoy and Paul McGann?

And all the secret filming they did last year when we though they were all resting:)

( This is what happened in my dreams anyway)
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'll wait until the BBC confirm whether it's 60 minutes or not but as long as it's a good story, does the length really matter?

The BBC won't be officially confirming the length in TV mags or on TV until October at the earliest. About three weeks before.

So we don't know for sure that it will be 60 mins. I'm hoping that it's going to be an hour and a half at the minimum.

I would feel cheated if it's only 60 minutes, as I'm quite tempted to go to see it in the cinema. I really love watching films in the cinema. Especially if the film is lengthy, like 2 hours or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DWO probably hear more than most, but they are, nonetheless, just a fan-site. If it's sixty minutes, they've been filming for an awfully long time for it. Part of that, perhaps, is the 3D element, but I don't know that it'd boost the shoot length quite that much.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    What about all the secret filming that is still going on :D
    you know- the ones with Colin Baker, Sly McCoy and Paul McGann?

And all the secret filming they did last year when we though they were all resting:)

( This is what happened in my dreams anyway)

Your dreams sound much better than reality :)

Struggling to remain enthusiastic and positive today :(
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Well 75 mins sounds a good compromise for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish that the BBC would just announce the running time ASAP so we just know.

I can't think of any reason why they should delay that announcement for to long.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    I really wish that the BBC would just announce the running time ASAP so we just know.

I can't think of any reason why they should delay that announcement for to long.
    Why would they announce it? I've never seen the running time of any other special programme announced over 6 months ahead of broadcast.:confused:

And what would you do with the information if the running time is short of what you want? Petition the BBC to get the cast back in the studio to shoot another 30 minutes of footage?
    Forum Member

They most probably won't know the exact running time until the edit. They could stretch it to 75 minutes I guess... Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be as long as it needs to be.

Seriously, anyone thinking it could be too short should be forced to listen to the official 40th anniversary story, Big Finish's Zagreus, all 4 hours of it, without taking a break. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would they announce it? I've never seen the running time of any other special programme announced over 6 months ahead of broadcast.:confused:

And what would you do with the information if the running time is short of what you want? Petition the BBC to get the cast back in the studio to shoot another 30 minutes of footage?

No I only take part in worth while petitions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I only take part in worth while petitions.
    So why do you feel entitled to know the expected runtime of an unedited programme which won't be shown for another 6 months?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why do you feel entitled to know the expected runtime of an unedited programme which won't be shown for another 6 months?

I never said I felt entitled to know. I just said I wish they would.

Like I say, there isn't any real reason to not announce the running time of the episode.

Would just be nice to know.
    Forum Member

Oh no, there's that word again, 'entitlement', it's not entitlement it's just hope that's all. Just hope that the damn thing might have at least been 90 minutes to help make up for so much less Doctor Who in 2012/2013. It's the 50th year for crying out loud. It comes along ONCE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    60 minutes for the main body and around 10 mins worth of prequel material. That's 70 mins of footage for the 5 weeks. Sounds about right if you ask me.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Oh no, there's that word again, 'entitlement', it's not entitlement it's just hope that's all. Just hope that the damn thing might have at least been 90 minutes to help make up for so much less Doctor Who in 2012/2013. It's the 50th year for crying out loud. It comes along ONCE!

No you are mistaken, Moffat has promised us that Doctor Who will take over television this year and you know he can always be trusted.
    Forum Member
    No you are mistaken, Moffat has promised us that Doctor Who will take over television this year and you know he can always be trusted.

Sorry, you are right. I was forgetting that we're getting more Doctor Who than ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what exactly do you want to happen now if the running time turns out to be only 60 minutes? Seeing as Matt Smith is now off to film a movie, how much extra Doctor Who do you think you'll get this year with all this complaining?
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'll wait until the BBC confirm whether it's 60 minutes or not but as long as it's a good story, does the length really matter?

Yes. Good stories are often ruined by bad pacing. Bad pacing is usually a side effect of too short or too long a runtime.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Bad pacing is usually a side effect of too short or too long a runtime.

You must have loved Classic Who then....
    Forum Member
    So what exactly do you want to happen now if the running time turns out to be only 60 minutes? Seeing as Matt Smith is now off to film a movie, how much extra Doctor Who do you think you'll get this year with all this complaining?

I am just moaning because I am disappointed. That's all. Do I expect it to change anything? Of course not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I am just moaning because I am disappointed. That's all. Do I expect it to change anything? Of course not.

Let's be honest if people didn't vent out their frustrations on here then who knows where they'd transfer it to. Better here than anywhere else.
    Forum Member
    Let's be honest if people didn't vent out their frustrations on here then who knows where they'd transfer it to. Better here than anywhere else.

lol. It's OK. I'm not that dangerous, honest. I'm not going to go marching over to Cardiff to demand some answers :)