Forum Member
✭✭✭
Newzbin is back with new owners.

Current subscriptions are still valid

I have some invites if anyone wants one

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Usenet rule no.1: you don't talk about it on general forums, to minimise the chance of interference from the MAFIA (Music and Film Industry Associations). Whilst binary newsgroups are often used to distribute content like linux distros very efficiently, those industry bodies would prefer binary newsgroups to be removed from all ISPs because unauthorised content is sometimes carried on them.

Usenet rule no.2: don't talk about indexing sites which sometimes list copyrighted content among legal content due to there being no totally effective automatic way of filtering out stuff which shouldn't be listed.

All usenet users know it is completely legal, but too much publicity could be bad for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    Usenet rule no.1: you don't talk about it on general forums, to minimise the chance of interference from the MAFIA (Music and Film Industry Associations). Whilst binary newsgroups are often used to distribute content like linux distros very efficiently, those industry bodies would prefer binary newsgroups to be removed from all ISPs because unauthorised content is sometimes carried on them.

Usenet rule no.2: don't talk about indexing sites which sometimes list copyrighted content among legal content due to there being no totally effective automatic way of filtering out stuff which shouldn't be listed.

All usenet users know it is completely legal, but too much publicity could be bad for it.

Since the old owners of Newzbin were sued by Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, Warner Bros., Paramount, Disney and Columbia Pictures (and lost), I think the secret is out. :rolleyes:

The last post about newzbin told everyone it was dead, I thought people might like to know it has been ressurected.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1263630

( I hadn't noticed that the end of that thread mentioned it was back - :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Kie wrote: »
    Since the old owners of Newzbin were sued by Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, Warner Bros., Paramount, Disney and Columbia Pictures (and lost), I think the secret is out. :rolleyes:

The last post about newzbin told everyone it was dead, I thought people might like to know it has been ressurected.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1263630

( I hadn't noticed that the end of that thread mentioned it was back - :o)

People who used the old site are likely to have found out one way or another from other places they visit that it is back. Even though the MAFIA are well aware of it, the less publicity it generally receives, the better.
  • sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'm off to report it to someone .........................................

Na, only joking, can I have an invite please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbugg wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'm off to report it to someone .........................................

Na, only joking, can I have an invite please?

Check your PMs
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know of any good NZB sites all the better ones seem to have been taken out in the past 12 months
  • jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone of you wonderful posters actually explain in idiots terms how usenet works i've googled etc and followed tutorials but haven't managed to get far :confused:
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good NZB sites all the better ones seem to have been taken out in the past 12 months

Newzbin used to be really good, but it closed down a couple of months back.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much every indexer I have ever visited has had problems this year.

I think it's from people coming over from more mainstream forms of sharing e.g. Rapidshare users coming over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kie wrote: »
    Check your PMs

loverly., thanks Kie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    Newzbin used to be really good, but it closed down a couple of months back.

I refer the honorable gentleman to post #1 :)
  • peteroddanpeteroddan Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now it's gone again - looks to be for good this time.

Anyone know of any comparable alternatives?
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteroddan wrote: »
    And now it's gone again - looks to be for good this time.

Anyone know of any comparable alternatives?

nzbmatrix, one off $10 joining fee.
  • peteroddanpeteroddan Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems great, thanks!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteroddan wrote: »
    Seems great, thanks!

also works well with sick beard and coach potato
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there goes NZBMatrix!

Guess Usenet got a bit too mainstream and started to atttract a bit too much attention.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted!
  • hythershythers Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Can i get an invite too please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hythers wrote: »
    Can i get an invite too please

Only if you proimise to read the thread properly....
  • XIRONSXXIRONSX Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Anyone a member of dognzb? .... would really appreciate an invite.