Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Hugo

Superb movie. The only weakness was the decision to cast Sacha Cohen in such a masterpiece of a film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attack The Block 5.5/10 - unlucky with my Xmas choice here as this was only just ok. It is basically about teenage scumbags fighting aliens. Why anyone would root for the scumbags, I have no idea.

It seems a shame that the aliens didn't get them all :p
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen Home Alone 1 on my Blu Ray set its stunning on here on my 50 inch TV so much better than TV quality I give this 9 out of 10.

The Santa Incident on Five HD 5 out of 10 sounded good but was a bit disappointed

Again same for scrooge 1988 5 out of 10
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    On the Town (1949) 10/10
    Shrek Forever After (2010) 7/10
    Toy Story (1995) 10/10
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Aladdin this morning and it was awesome. 10/10
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)

Some stunning locations but rock opera is not really my bag.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Horton Hears a Who!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas DSer's :D

Tonight i just watched Amusement

about this sadistic killer capturing these freinds and playing mind games for his ''amusement''..wasnt too bad, bit scary, and bit of a rip off to Saw films..i shall give it 7/10
  • Shoe LaceShoe Lace Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulholland Drive

That just went way over my head, I have no idea what the f. did I just watch. Off to read some reviews to try and make sense of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die Hard 1 - 9/10 with a young Alan Rickman and Bruce Willis fighting it out at Christmas time.

It's been years since I last watched it and it's just as great as I remembered. A real classic. :)

But I wouldn't want to watch it for a good number of years again as I suspect I am already too familiar with it. Hence, it would become too dull and spoil it for me overall.

For now and again, it's definitely recommended :)
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aladdin (1992) 10/10.
    Tangled (2010) 8/10.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Die Hard

The perfect action film, and a product of a bygone age when the distributor didn't try and self-censor everything just to make a PG-13/12A.

10/10
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Accidents - 10/10

I can relate to Marisa Tomei character and her struggle to stop herself caring so much.

For someone who doesn't appreciate Vincent D'Onofrio's acting in law and order. I was surprised by his performance in this film. The subtlety needed for Sam Deed's character requires the audience to disbelief and want to believe him at the same time. A difficult feat, but one that is not above him.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Bruges - 7.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Room"

After watching a review by Nostalgia Critic on YouTube I had to watch the whole thing. Its the worst film ever made but because of that it is really entertaining.

The main character is played by Tommy Wiseau who has an American-French-Whole of Europe accent going on and comes out with some golden lines including:

"I did not hit her, I did naht! Oh Hi Mark"

and

"You're tearing me apart Lisa"

Some great scenes include the over the top yet melodramtic temper tantrum he throws, Playing football in tuxedos and the 30 seconds spent in the florist.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    The Jungle Book (1967) - 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    no films now until Fri night, so i will pop back in here and comment on which one :D
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alice In Wonderland
    8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    It's a Wonderful Life (1946) 8/10 One of those movies that is shown almost every christmas, 'It's a Wonderful Life' started life as 'The Greatest Gift', a short story written by Philip Van Doren Stern in 1939 and published in 1945. George Bailey gives up on his lifes dreams in order to help the people of Bedford Falls fulfil theirs touching the lives of so many people along the way. But because of $8,000 of misplaced money George's life begins to crumble and just as he is about to commit suicide an angel steps in to show George what the town and the lives of its people would be like if he hadn't been born. Filmed in the middle of a sweltering July, 6,000 gallons of a new type of fake snow was used. Up until 'Its a Wonderful Life', cornflakes painted white were used to show snow. So innovative was this that the RKO Effects Department received a technical award from the Academy, but although the movie was nominated for five academy awards including 'Best Picture' 'Best Director' and 'Best Actor' it didnt win any. Great movie with a great performance from Stewart.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched Ted after getting it for Christmas

What a fantastic, funny and enjoyable movie. 10/10
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Rise of the Guardians. What a totally fantastic movie. Action-packed and full of heart-warming moments. Phenomenal.
  • Shoe LaceShoe Lace Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argo 9/10

For a Hollywood movie I thought it was very good. A bit over the top and unrealistic in some parts but overall I was pleasantly surprised.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    The Hunter, with Willem Defoe
    Was OK, nothing special
    4/10

Home Alone
    Excellent film with real heart
    9/10
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going for dead set

remember when Davina did big brother? she was best
    when the idea was fresh...... ahhhh... and the taste of flesh

http://www.youtube.com/channel/SW7H1p29oOQUg
  • bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    PONYO on film4 this afternoon. No smut, no gore, no violence, just an all-round good family film.
This discussion has been closed.