• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it today.

Amazing!

Any one else seen it?

I cried twice! lol

Best film out of the three

I've been reading the reviews and the like all week thinking 'Don't be stupid, I didnt cry at Up, I won't cry about this'. How wrong was I!

Honestly anyone thinking of watching, if you've watched even 1 minute of any of the previous Toy Story's, you will have a little weep at the end, I PROMISE.

And how great are the Toy Story 1 references? the opening scene containing the same dialogue is awesome. And the film ending on the clouds in the same way film 1 opened... oh, just genius!
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,538
    Forum Member
    It's amazing isn't it, I'm so glad they stayed true to the original movies. I'm 23 but I'm not ashamed to say I want a Buzz/Woody toy :P. Loved Toy Story when I was a Kid and I love it now
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing Toy Story 3. I know that there was a special preview screening in London today, but does anyone know of any dates/venues for any further preview screenings ahead of the official release?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a real good movie,the last scenes were very touching.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I managed to watch it last night, it's been so long since Toy Story 2 and was really looking forward to number 3, was not disappointed and yes i did get a little weepy at the end.

I wonder if a number 4 will be on the cards if this one doe's well at the box office.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if a part4 will come out,i think this one rounded off the trilogy very well.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I watched it aswell did anyone spot Sid Phillips as the garbage guy with headphones :D:D
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    SEEN IT!!! LOVED IT!!! SPOILERSSS!!!!!! DONT READ!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!
    im gonna watch toy 1and2 on bluray tomorrow now

toy story3 was excellent it brought a tear to my eye in the final 20 minutes of the movie. SPOILERS!!!!!
    WAS so sad when they were all facing there death
    definetly a fitting end to the franchise if this is the last one

i was 7 when the 1st came out and now im 22 and i still love it just as much.

and
    this has been pixars biggest ever opening out of all there movies so far
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    I managed to watch it last night, it's been so long since Toy Story 2 and was really looking forward to number 3, was not disappointed and yes i did get a little weepy at the end.

I wonder if a number 4 will be on the cards if this one doe's well at the box office.
    There shouldn't be. This movie ended the series perfectly. Anything else would ruin it.

What might be nice are direct-to-video semi-sequels where the toys are only seen "in character" as cowboys, spacemen, etc. in other adventures, where you don't see them as "toys", per se, and so don't break that barrier set up now as to their future (which was covered in TS3 is such a way that it needs to be left alone).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched it, and its awesome! duno why everyone said you would be in tears at the end. It wasnt a sad ending, but was a nice round off all the same! Toy Story is probably the best trilogy ever!
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It got a very good review in The Times today. I will try and make time to see it soon.
  • LittlemissmolzLittlemissmolz Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So ridiculously excited about this,
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I watched it again today. Very good film indeed.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. Just brilliant! Action-packed, funny, moving (very moving, actually). Pixar strike again!!

Thankfully it's much better than the trailer suggested, which was mostly the Spanish Buzz gag and seemingly loads of different toy product placements etc. That gag is fine and you don't think for a second about anything other than the story and characters from word go. Amazing.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    http://revision3.com/trs/rapalicious
    TRS review up:) they liked it..a lot.
    and e3 coverage...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come people have seen Toystory 3, when it,s not out yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeremyc wrote: »
    How come people have seen Toystory 3, when it,s not out yet?

It's out in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok. Are the 3D effects good.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope there isn't a 4th. Pixar and Disney will hopefully realise how perfect an ending to the series it is and keep the integrity intact.

Do you know that a 3rd and 4th were originally in the planning to be straight-to-DVD fare made by Disney alone without Pixar? This was at the time when relations between the two were strained and Pixar was going to leave Disney. Then, of course, in 2006 the brilliant John Lasseter (director of Toy Story 1 & 2 and general saviour of animation) was placed as head of Disney and they bought Pixar. The plans for those DVDs were immediately scrapped and work began on what became Toy Story 3.

Toy Story 2 was also set to be DVD only until Pixar realised how good it was going to be. I don't know whether TS3 beats TS2 but they both beat the first, which is a feat in itself!
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    seen it too and yes I cried..great film
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeremyc wrote: »
    ok. Are the 3D effects good.

I don't know; I'm not from the US. If it's anything like the remastered 3D version of Toy Story that was released last year, I bet the effects aren't that good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOW HAS EVERYBODY SEEN THIS?

It's not even out...

Can't wait to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    you can watch it on movie25.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HOW HAS EVERYBODY SEEN THIS?

It's not even out...

Can't wait to see it.

do not watch it online! seriously, I've done it and a I'm so angry with myself! wait for the cinema, it will be SO worth it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long to wait now until its official UK release. And for all those who have been patient enough to wait (and not go down the naught 'Blackbeard' route - shame on you!) you will not be disappointed. Quite simply the best family film of the year thus far - and therefore probably of the year, with not much in the way of competition on the horizon.
    Have to say though that although the 3D version is pretty, you won't be missing that much if you see the old school 2D version.

Go see!

Gushing review here.