Some Girls (BBC Three)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
Forum Member
✭✭
Starts next Tuesday. I usually like BBC 3 comedy but this looks truly awful and the worst thing to ever grace television.. and I'm including Loose Women when I say that!

Shame cos I'd been enjoying BBC 3's Tuesday night comedy for three months now; Bad Education and then Cuckoo. I was hoping Him and Her would be next but its this **** instead :mad:

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is this the one where on the trailer it's just a bunch of schoolgirl slappers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is this the one where on the trailer it's just a bunch of schoolgirl slappers?

That's the one.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's a shame about BBC3. They improved for a while but then cancelled some of their best shows and now it's shite again.

I'm probably too old for their demographic but there were several shows I enjoyed. I think the only thing I watch on it these days is Good News.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching this? Appalling so far...
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comparisons with another show are almost inevitable. It's essentially the herbetweeners.

Without the comedy.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this? Appalling so far...

I agree, it's terrible. Still waiting for the bit where i am supposed to laugh.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this so far.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Even if there were any jokes in sight, this show still seems about 10 years out of date with the whole embarrassing 'yoof init' vibe it's got going on. Take away the sex references and it may as well be on CBBC.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Love this so far.

Me too. Its actually funny!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    With you unknown and londongirl Love It :cool:
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Comparisons with another show are almost inevitable. It's essentially the herbetweeners.

Without the comedy.

Wow, I never even made the connection between them. Maybe because The Inbetweeners is actually good.

This I felt was more Coming of Age.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watchable, but clearly influenced by The Inbetweeners.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Even if there were any jokes in sight, this show still seems about 10 years out of date with the whole embarrassing 'yoof init' vibe it's got going on. Take away the sex references and it may as well be on CBBC.

What a waste of time this is, not in slightest bit funny. I can see why some would find that blond hair girls boyfriend funny but it wasn't enough for me. I will be surprised if this get's another series.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dire.bring back Cuckoo which had the makings of something really good
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It glamorises delinquent behaviour. Making out life was 'cool' to act like that. I did enjoy some of it tho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Fortunately I was spared having to watch more than a minute or so of this when one of the characters lit-up and I switched off.

Why do the knuckle-dragging troglodytes who produce this stuff think I want to watch people smoke on TV?

I do wonder how much Jimmy Mulville et al get paid by the tobacco industry to promote smoking to this program's target demographic?
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    It was just a rip off of Inbetweeners! Holly=Jay, Amber=Neil, Saz=Will, Viva=Simon! Disappointing.
  • StylesStyles Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was terrible, wont be watching again.
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    A girl in my class at college was an extra in the first episode. She is a black girl and was sitting on a bench at the end of the episode talking to another girl. She's a lovely girl. Good on ya Ashlee :) x
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Great show, i loved it

similar to an aussie show called Bogens
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Phaethon wrote: »
    Fortunately I was spared having to watch more than a minute or so of this when one of the characters lit-up and I switched off.

Why do the knuckle-dragging troglodytes who produce this stuff think I want to watch people smoke on TV?

I do wonder how much Jimmy Mulville et al get paid by the tobacco industry to promote smoking to this program's target demographic?
    You do realise how stupid your comment is, don't you?

I am nowhere near the target demo and haven't even watched a trailer for the show and yet I know for a fact that it will have been included because... and this may shock you but..... people actually do smoke in real life. :rolleyes:

And your last sentence is laughable!
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show was always never going to be 'laugh out loud' funny. More comedy/drama in style. It's not bad, and I wasn't even intending to watch it.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    It was just a rip off of Inbetweeners! Holly=Jay, Amber=Neil, Saz=Will, Viva=Simon! Disappointing.

Yep that was my thoughts as well.
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the aussie woman annoyed the heck out of me! doubt i will watch this again ... ill just wait for the new series of him & her. :D