A Good Day To Die Hard

MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone seen this movie? I watched it on Blu-ray last night, and it is great entertainment with some great effects. The movie contains some of the all time great car chases ever filmed.

Emmerdale fans might notice the resemblance between the baddie and Ashley the former vicar. What with the beard; come to think of it, Ashley hasn't been in Emmerdale much lately, appearing in this movie perhaps?

Perhaps not.

Entertaining movie though.

Comments

• blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen as it got an absolute kicking by the critics and my friends told me it was awful.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't last 30 minutes before I had to turn it off. Dire hard. And if you think that's a good car chase, I suspect you've never seen Ronin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Didn't last 30 minutes before I had to turn it off. Dire hard. And if you think that's a good car chase, I suspect you've never seen Ronin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg

Or, indeed, Bullitt.

Some films you just don't waste even a minute part of your life watching, OP. Get the original Die Hard if you want to see how it's done properly. The first sequel is just about watchable but it was rapidly downhill from thereon.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first 3 movies are all excellent. 4 is crap and I haven't even seen 5 but have heard it's atrocious.
  • Evertonian5Evertonian5 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    The ending of Die Hard 3 onwards is when the rot set in on the series.
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first 3 are the best, although by number 3 Bruce Willis was starting to act less John Mcclane and more Bruce Willis...the others are dire....with Bruce Willis just being Bruce Willis which he seems to do for every movie he is in now as if he cannot be bothered. They also became to super coppy I liked the first 3 more when he was just unlucky and seemed end up in these situations and was lucky not to end up killed.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Well I really enjoyed the 4th film. Bang up to date topical plot revolving around computers, great action sequences. A superb return after twelve years.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I do know that this movie was critically mauled, even movie fans rated it a poor effort. I just took it with a pinch of salt. Yes, I agree with many, that the first two Die Hard movies were very good, but in this case I just wanted an all out action movie with little plot.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the 4th film but thsi one just doesnt tickle my fancy at all
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awful - total rubbish.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked 4. With 5 I fell asleep near the end. Will probably watch it on video/TV at some point but it just seemed to be too much repetitive crash/bang/wallop.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Its not fantastic, but its not as bad as some like to make out either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Well I really enjoyed the 4th film. Bang up to date topical plot revolving around computers, great action sequences. A superb return after twelve years.

Agreed, 4 was better than 3 IMO.

However, 5 is utter garbage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will there be a 6th?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    Anyone seen this movie? I watched it on Blu-ray last night, and it is great entertainment with some great effects. The movie contains some of the all time great car chases ever filmed.

Emmerdale fans might notice the resemblance between the baddie and Ashley the former vicar. What with the beard; come to think of it, Ashley hasn't been in Emmerdale much lately, appearing in this movie perhaps?

Perhaps not.

I thought that it was awful. Not just an awful Die Hard film, but an awful film full stop.

Terrible story, terrible dialogue, by-the-numbers action scenes. Absolute dross.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, there is gonna be a 6th. John will probably get killed or something and leave his son to take over the franchise and they'll beyond spit on the originals grave. No, wait, they've done that already.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't help that Bruce Willis has been doing the rounds of press interviews and chat shows, revealing himself to be a thoroughly boring a***hole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

Perhaps not.

wow you must be easily pleased! Terrible film, an insult to the series.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Very underwhelming - I thought 4 was a good actioner, but 5 was just wrong.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Will there be a 6th?

Only if a bunch of terrorists are going to take over a retirement home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't even finish watching it...had 2 20minute stints at trying to get through it and it felt wrong and I felt dirty...it isn't a Die Hard film at all...the only Die Hard thing about it was the music. It was lazy generic, Willis seemed to just not be doing anything in it.

No one wonder he was bad in interviews he must have known it was a turkey.

Die Hard 4 was a Die hard movie...not the best one...one had to take into account modern ropes and the unfortunate ability to use more SFX to make more absurd scenes...but then again Die Hard always had absurd set piece in them.

As Die Hard 1 is one of my favourite this one just made me want to stop watching the film so it wouldn't contaminate the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    I couldn't even finish watching it...had 2 20minute stints at trying to get through it and it felt wrong and I felt dirty...it isn't a Die Hard film at all...the only Die Hard thing about it was the music. It was lazy generic, Willis seemed to just not be doing anything in it.

No one wonder he was bad in interviews he must have known it was a turkey.

Die Hard 4 was a Die hard movie...not the best one...one had to take into account modern ropes and the unfortunate ability to use more SFX to make more absurd scenes...but then again Die Hard always had absurd set piece in them.

As Die Hard 1 is one of my favourite this one just made me want to stop watching the film so it wouldn't contaminate the others.

Actually Bruce Willis is notorious for being awful in interviews. He always comes across as if he either doesn't want to be there or doesn't care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if a bunch of terrorists are going to take over a retirement home.

That's the plot to RED3 :)
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Watch this movie while I was on the airplane. Now I'm a really big Bruce Willis fan and I love die hard 1 2 3 but this one was bad and should be put to rest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    That's the plot to RED3 :)

id watch it lol