Flying to NYC on Monday. F**king petrified.

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I'm flying to New York JFK on Monday from London Heathrow and I cant take my mind of it. I don't know what to do I'm just so anxious. I havent flown since I was 12...

It's a hulking boeing 747 to make things worse...

I guess what scares me most is take off, the motion, the angle when the plane banks... ugh

I've never had a panic attack before but this anticipation is killing me. I thought I'd be okay but this is getting worse and worse. Theres no going back.. I need help

I was going to suggest going to see your doctor for some Valium to take before the flight - this would have really calmed you down. Too late now I suppose.

They say taking off and landing is the most dangerous time during a flight....hold on tight! :D
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »
    I was going to suggest going to see your doctor for some Valium to take before the flight - this would have really calmed you down. Too late now I suppose.

They say taking off and landing is the most dangerous time during a flight....hold on tight! :D

This is a common myth more accidents happen inbetween take off and landing >source aircrash investigation<

Dont worry OP you have 2000 times more chance of dying on the way to the airport than on the plane :cool:

On another note go on YouTube and search flying with out fear and flying meditation etc very helpful just be carefulto avoid top ten scariest flights ever....

Once your on the plane you will be fine
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    This is a common myth more accidents happen inbetween take off and landing >source aircrash investigation<

Dont worry OP you have 2000 times more chance of dying on the way to the airport than on the plane :cool:

On another note go on YouTube and search flying with out fear and flying meditation etc very helpful just be carefulto avoid top ten scariest flights ever....

Once your on the plane you will be fine

The word is doomed. Doomed :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    "P, whatever you do before you go, do not, repeat, DO NOT watch FINAL DESTINATION 1".

I actually did this way back in 2000, watched it at the cinema and had no idea what it entailed, then flew to Detroit the next day!!!:cool:
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the OP is almost there now
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Not heard of any 747s ditching mid atlantic today.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Instant catastrophic failure?
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how the OP is...
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Detained and deported by the TSA back on another plane. :D
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is not a common event. As far as I remember only two passenger 747s have come out of the sky of their own violition and one of those was because of poor repairs.

All the others came down because of bombs. Not a bad record for an aircraft in service for over forty years.
  • scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more scared of getting lost in the airport and getting on the wrong plane more than anything. Airports are so huge.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I wonder how the OP is...

Heart failure. Straight back in the cargo hold.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »

Agreed. I used to be a nervous flyer and mum told me that flying is the safest way to travel and that you have more chance of being killed on a train or in a car.
    Fresh vegetarian food ?:eek: - for sure not in a Y cabin

Is a Y cabin Economy class? :confused:
    Ber wrote: »
    Just remember OP that very few people die from a plane crashing into the ground/sea.

Look at all the people on US Airways Flight 1549. They all survived thanks to Captain Sully and the crew managing to land the plane in the Hudson River and evacuating them all.