Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    9 letters.:)

Closest I`ll ever get to a Countdown prize....closest I`ll ever get to Ms Riley too come to that....!:cry:
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    How can people get upset because the numbers on a scoreboard look different? :eek::eek:

Because WE DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!

You're an Old Bloke. Surely you understand?

:D
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh Chris looks so much better! He was so peely-wally last time, like he was in need of a square meal, a good night's sleep and a hefty dose of vitamin D! Suzie looking glam today, and Rachel her usual stunning self of course - she's sneaking the tighter dresses on again, but you already knew that! :D
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new number generator does seem to like the 300-range.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As said, I cannot abide change. I suppose eventually it will grow on me. Knowing my luck, just as I get used to it they'll change again.
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Because WE DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!

You're an Old Bloke. Surely you understand?

:D

'Old' is a relative term! Anyway, 'Old, and set in me ways'
    I ain't! ;)
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    He seems a lot friskier this week with Margaret Mountford, his oppo from The Apprentice, being the guest. Shes actually quite funny compared to her previous tv persona

If she never appears again on the programme it'll be too soon, can't stand the woman!

For a lot of the time during the last two episodes she just sat there like a lemon, doodling or pretending to write something while Suzy offered alternative words, not even bothering to look up!

When will the producers realise that some of these so called personalities have no personality at all and no ability to converse with the show's proceedings.

Being a friend of the presenter is no excuse.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steviex wrote: »
    If she never appears again on the programme it'll be too soon, can't stand the woman!

For a lot of the time during the last two episodes she just sat there like a lemon, doodling or pretending to write something while Suzy offered alternative words, not even bothering to look up!

When will the producers realise that some of these so called personalities have no personality at all and no ability to converse with the show's proceedings.

Being a friend of the presenter is no excuse.

Agreed, I don't know how much they get for a day's work but is showing a bit of interest and enthusiasm too much to ask ?
    A good guest can make all the difference to the show, people like Paul Zenon, Tim Vine and Geoffrey Durham [ he hasn't been on for a while ].
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Absolutely no. Zenon and Vine are horrible, I cannot watch Countdown whilst they are on. I agree though, Margaret wasn't that good. I'd like to see some of the old ones back, like Tom O' Connor, Digance, Wakeman. Even Brandreth was better when he was on last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Thought it was amusing last Thursday when BNP came up and the contestant paused to think so RR said "hurry up!" then it went BNPEAT and she said "this could be an interesting message...(!)" :D

Her dresses are nothing like as short or as revealing as they used to be (if you don't believe me look at youtube!). Has she been told to cover up? Or was she uncomfortable before? Maybe she read the comments sections below the videos.......(!)........ :o
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groundhog wrote: »
    Thought it was amusing last Thursday when BNP came up and the contestant paused to think so RR said "hurry up!" then it went BNPEAT and she said "this could be an interesting message...(!)" :D

Don't know if you noticed, but after that, the next choice of letters started with NF :eek:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding effort from Rachel today! One of her best.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Yes she seemed to have a twinkle in her eye, perhaps she had her oats.:o
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`ll second that. Very figure-hugging (and what a figure to hug).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Yes, I also thought Rachel looked gorgeous yesterday, even though her dress was a tad too long. :D

It was quite funny during one of the rounds when the first 3 letters came out as "LFC" and she had a quick grimace, I'll forgive her though. :)
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    No. Absolutely no. Zenon and Vine are horrible, I cannot watch Countdown whilst they are on. I agree though, Margaret wasn't that good. I'd like to see some of the old ones back, like Tom O' Connor, Digance, Wakeman. Even Brandreth was better when he was on last year.

Sadly I think Tom is past it - he was interviewed on something recently and looked quite ill. Yes, wish Digance would come back, but as for Wakeman, they'd be better off having a plank of wood sitting next to Susie, it would have more personality. But Zenon and Vine are certainly not horrible, easily two of the best guests.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Zenon and Vine are certainly not horrible, easily two of the best guests.

Plus Suzi gets a bit giggly and makes luvee eyes at Paul when he's on, I think she'd ravish him on the desk given half a chance.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is Mark Foster always appearing on Countdown?

He seems to think way too much of himself.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    RR is definitely wearing less 'attractive' clothes, and it seems that the camera is going in closer, cutting off her lower legs. Coupled with the wishy-washy colour of the whole set, it's a turn for the worse.
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »

IIRC, Wakeman said he would never appear again after the way they "treated" Carol.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught it today for the first time in ages. It's crap.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »
    IIRC, Wakeman said he would never appear again after the way they "treated" Carol.

I used to be a fan of Carol's and thought the show would suffer but I'm fickle Rachael all the way for me now..
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus Suzi gets a bit giggly and makes luvee eyes at Paul when he's on, I think she'd ravish him on the desk given half a chance.

You can just imagine Nik saying "Now then, Susi, Paul, concentrate."

Oh I switched on the show recently where Rachel was giggling, hence the above comment. What happened to give her the giggles?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    The very worst dictionary corner guest was Jo Brand. Making up words was a good joke the first time she did it but a whole week of it was excruciating.

I agree that Margaret Mountford was dull. I'd love to see Ian Hislop do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    You can just imagine Nik saying "Now then, Susi, Paul, concentrate."

Oh I switched on the show recently where Rachel was giggling, hence the above comment. What happened to give her the giggles?

If it was yesterday's show, it was when Nick said that Rachel was waiting "expectantly"....for the contestant to select the numbers, :D and then she started to put the numbers on the board upside down.
This discussion has been closed.