Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
Forum Member
Building on the monumental success of their debut single "Miss Movin' On", Fifth Harmony (5H) are now gearing up to release their first EP, Better Together [Epic Records/Syco Music], through all physical and digital outlets on October 22, 2013. The five-song collection illuminates every shining side of America's only teen pop female vocal group--from upbeat anthems to elegant heartfelt melodies.

The iTunes pre-order went live on Monday, September 9th at midnight (12am EST). Link: http://smarturl.it/bettertogether and includes a special bonus track of "Me & My Girls." Across Better Together, each voice takes center stage, delivering uncontainable energy on tracks like "Don't Wanna Dance Alone" and making way for tangible emotion on "Who Are You" and "Leave My Heart Out of This". However, the girls have a lot more music in store as well.

The quintet is readying a special acoustic and Spanish version of the standout "Better Together" EP, both of which will be available later this fall.

Fifth Harmony has quickly become one of the most-talked about acts in pop music. After debuting "Miss Movin' On" live on The Today Show, the program received more tweets about this concert than any other performance all summer. The music video has surpassed 8 million views mark on YouTube/VEVO, while the song reached #34 on Top 40 Radio, and is continuing to gain steam. They've been handpicked to be a part of Disney's "Next Big Thing" Campaign, MTV & Pop Tarts "Crazy Good VMA Concert", and a performance on AllAccess.MTV.com prior to their VMA red carpet debut. Cumulatively, they have 70 million total YouTube views, nearly half a million Facebook "likes", and over 750,000 Twitter followers.

Right now, hot off their 22 city #HarmonizeAmerica mall tour, you can catch Fifth Harmony supporting Cher Lloyd on her "I Wish Tour".

There's no harmony sweeter than Fifth Harmony. Get together with them soon.

Tracklisting:1. Don't Wanna Dance Alone2. Miss Movin' On3. Better Together4. Who Are You5. Leave My Heart Out Of This
Source

Artwork: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTzs4AgCQAARHfp.jpg:large

Who Are You

Better Together

Leave My Heart Out Of This

Don't Wanna Dance Alone

Current positions on ITunes globally

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is rather unique to release a 5 track EP. Is this just Epic gently testing the water before committing to a full blown album release?

- tim
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It is rather unique to release a 5 track EP. Is this just Epic gently testing the water before committing to a full blown album release?

- tim

Yes I still think they're trying to find out what sound will suit them overall for the Album. Take a listen to the tracks I've posted...

Miss Movin' On is still climbing Radio, as for the past month it has been on testing so it's only just beginning to take off. The peak on Billboard has been 76 so far...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    The EP is just being used to build their fanbase more and for promotional purposes.i talked to Scott (Vice President of Epic) through a dm on twitter and he said they have a master plan. After the Cher tour the are going back into the studio to record Spanish and acoustic versions of the EP to be released later this fall. Album is expected around December and a huge tour (most likely with Demi) to be announced in December/Early January. They want to give the girls a legit shot at a Top 3 debut with their album and just need a little more time. The EP is expected to debut Top 5 on Billboard once it debuts. In the meantime they are lining up TV promotional appearance including Ellen as well as some gigs in Canada. A new single will be released soon which will either be "Who Are You" or "Better Together". Scott said they are leaning towards "Better Together" at the moment. MMO is still rising on radio airplay and being played by 90% of the top 20 pop stations in the US including regular rotation now on Z100 NY (the #1 ranked pop station). KIIS FM (the #2 pop station) is still playing it 2-3 daily but that's usually overnight. It's picking up steam though and is gaining a lot of adds each week. MMO has been added to 87 of the 255 pop stations in the US so far. So far it's peak debut on the Billboard Hot 100 is #76 but once it goes into the 20's of airplay causing it to rise on iTunes there should be a new peak. The fanbase continues to grow and the girls continue to receive praise from heavyweights in the industry with the latest 2 being Randy Jackson & Ciara. Simon said he doesn't expect the girls to fully settle in for a year so he said to have patience. Epic also said the girls are well on their way and that it's. process but they'll get to the top eventually. They have faith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to have a proper listen from the phone recordings, but Better Together sounds like a great track. I'd get it released.

Still don't get Miss Movin' On, its just not that good imo and they appear much better than that.

- tim
    Forum Member
    Hard to have a proper listen from the phone recordings, but Better Together sounds like a great track. I'd get it released.

Still don't get Miss Movin' On, its just not that good imo and they appear much better than that.

- tim

I like Miss Movin' On but I think they can do so much better, which they have, Who Are You and Better Together are fantastic tracks which showcase their vocals as well. Better Together should definitely be the next single...
    Forum Member
    Cowell talks about Fifth Harmony and One Direction
    Of last season’s X Factor finalists, the five-member girl group Fifth Harmony — formed during X Factor’s boot camp after initially auditioning as solo artists — has shown the most staying power, despite finishing third overall.

Establishing a credible, thriving music career is a slow process, Cowell insisted last month in Los Angeles, despite television’s immediacy and the illusion that TV can create a star overnight.

“This is just the beginning,” a circumspect Cowell said, no longer playing the part of the Mouth That Roared. “To break a band like this will take maybe a year. But you know their record charted, I think, in eight countries the week it charted here. By the time we put two or three singles out this year, I think we are going to break them properly as a band.”

Cowell cited the English-Irish boy band One Direction as an example. One Direction competed on The X Factor’s seventh season in the U.K., and went on to release the chart-topping albums Up All Night and Take Me Home, in 2011 and 2012 respectively.

The irony is that they did not win The X Factor.

“They came in third,” Cowell recalled.

They didn’t claim anywhere near the financial prize they would have had for winning — $5 million at the time, since scaled back to $1 million.

“It was their drive and hunger that made the difference,” Cowell said. “I think that’s the point we’re trying to prove now.”

Source
  • istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony Worldwide iTunes

Album: Better Together - EP
    #2 Peru
    #2 Singapore
    #2 Venezuela
    #4 Brazil
    #4 Chile
    #5 Costa Rica
    #5 Slovenia
    #7 Greece
    #7 Malaysia
    #7 Sweden
    #8 Colombia
    #8 Ecuador
    #8 El Salvador
    #8 Spain
    #9 Portugal
    #10 Argentina
    #10 New Zealand
    #20 Netherlands
    #20 Nicaragua
    #21 United States
    #38 Italy
    #41 Panama
    #43 Finland
    #76 France
    #77 Malta
    #81 Honduras
    #83 Indonesia
    #98 Belgium
    #99 Dominican Republic
    #114 Paraguay
    #119 Hungary
    #188 Guatemala
    #208 Canada
    #383 Russia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    LOL Ciara.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Can an EP chart on the album charts in America? Also why does their artwork always suck :(.

I'm excited for this though, I'm obsessed with Me and My Girls. I want them to put a studio version of their Frank Ocean - Thinkin' Bout You cover on it too.
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can an EP chart on the album charts in America? Also why does their artwork always suck :(.

I'm excited for this though, I'm obsessed with Me and My Girls. I want them to put a studio version of their Frank Ocean - Thinkin' Bout You cover on it too.

Pre-orders don't chart here in the US. Gotta wait the opening week. EPs can chart. Gaga did 150k with The Fame Monster EP and debuted in the top 5. I'm hoping they do 55k-60k.
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony today on E! News https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w0J9CuS7fU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also, Miss Movin' On will be played on this weekend's AT40 countdown. I've heard it averages a weekly audience of 20 million listeners. They'll also be doing a short interview with Ryan Seacrest -@98FM's Tweet: https://twitter.com/98FM/status/381088612278075392
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony covered Ariana Grande's "Honeymoon Avenue". She complimented them and tweeted the link:

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/383817740529590272
    Forum Member
    Here's the link to their recent ClevverTV interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gTS9BVLyQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Towards the end they mention a "thing", but then they talk about a "bigger thing" which has me thinking. I know they have a huge tour coming up in early 2014. They could be referencing that. All signs are pointing to a tour with Demi. On the other hand, I was thinking they could be talking about a national televised performance for the new year. Their album is rumored to be released later this year so anything is a possibility at this point.

In other news, the girls attended the Teen Vogue (young hollywood) party last night https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/383793188756267008

They've been in the studio this week learning spanish for their upcoming release of the acoustic and spanish version of their EP to be released this year. Lauren and Camila already speak the language and Ally knows a little spanish but needs practice.
    Forum Member
    Fifth Harmony will be attending Kiss 98.5 Buffalo's "Kissmas Bash" this year! So far the lineup includes Jonas Brothers, Fifth Harmony, Icona Pop, and Midnight Red. More still to be announced. https://twitter.com/KISS985BUFFALO/status/383185849933787136

Also, they lead in votes for 93.3 FLZ's Jingle Ball poll. Their lineup should be announced soon.
    Forum Member
    Miss Movin' On will be played this weekend on AT40 between songs #21 & #20. Last weekend it gave MMO a huge boost in airplay audience #'s. SNOL (Saturday Night Online) should help as well tonight since harmonizers are very good at getting it played on their countdown every Saturday.

Last night it was played on TeenNick's Top 10 countdown for the second week in a row. Its also in "Diesel Rotation" for MTV Hits meaning it gets played 15-20 times a week. Fuse TV has played the music video a few times. Should get another play with harmonizers dominating their latest poll once again!
    Forum Member
    Ellen Show and X Factor USA performance have pretty much been booked. Hopefully some late night show appearances are in the works but we'll see. I'm sure Epic has other promo lined up for their EP
    Forum Member
    The girls visited Simon yesterday at his house.Normani tweeted this picture of all the food he spoiled them with https://twitter.com/NormaniKordei/status/384148060646817793
    Forum Member
    The girls visited Simon yesterday at his house.Normani tweeted this picture of all the food he spoiled them with https://twitter.com/NormaniKordei/status/384148060646817793

Interesting how it wasn't just a meal, their executive producer was invited as well. A business meeting over dinner, I'm pretty certain Simon has something big planned for 5H...:)
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    istersay wrote: »
    Full EP Streaming on MTV, not sure if you can hear it in other countries or not

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/963674/mtv-exclusive-ep-premiere-better-together-ep-by-fifth-harmony.jhtml

The song Better Together is just perfection. It showcases their vocal ability incredibly well as does Who Are You and Don't Wanna Dance Alone. :D

Better Together: http://foxregui.tumblr.com/post/64115517722/pre-order-better-together-here
    Forum Member
    All of the songs sound really good!! I couldn't be happier with it. I think it'll have a Top 5 debut on Billboard and I can see it selling well for weeks after.
    Forum Member
    Who Are You ♥♥♥
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I wonder what happened to Warrior. I happened to see them live opening for Cher Lloyd and I thought that was their best moment. Pretty sure they said it was an original planned to be on the EP.

By the way, in case anyone missed it, they've been confirmed to be opening for Demi on Neon Lights tour along with Little Mix (most of the tour) and Cher Lloyd (end of the tour).

There seems to be some odd rivalry between pop groups among the kids that comes up in lots of Youtube comments, but it's still a good idea to try to cross the LM and 5H fanbases over, I think.
    Forum Member
    Nissl wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to Warrior. I happened to see them live opening for Cher Lloyd and I thought that was their best moment. Pretty sure they said it was an original planned to be on the EP.

Maybe that'll be on their Album
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    This EP is really good!

Leave My Heart Out of This and Who Are You are just as strong as their singles, they're sooooo good. Not keen on Better Together but it's good that their sound is now creeping away from Demi Lovato's sound, hopefully their first single from an album will just feel 100% like a Fifth Harmony song.