Google Earth

Dusty-BinDusty-Bin Posts: 123
Forum Member
I use an iPad here in Ireland, but my father, who lives in England has a Hudl.

When I am in the Google Earth app, in a street in the UK, to move along a road I tap the screen on the road, but my father tells me this method does not work on the Hudl. What does he need to do?

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    On my Hudl, in the Google Earth app, in street view mode, with the "road line" displayed tapping on it moves the view along the road.
    Your father must be not tapping it in the right way.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    On my Hudl, in the Google Earth app, in street view mode, with the "road line" displayed tapping on it moves the view along the road.
    On the PC version I sometimes have to move around a little to get the arrows to appear on the road!
  • Dusty-BinDusty-Bin Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »

Thanks, nvingo.

My father tells me that when he taps the screen on the white line along the road the screen changes to a white background with details of the road and his orientation displayed, eg. A6122 London Road, northbound and he then has to tap the "back" arrow along the bottom to return to the streetview.

If you know how to bring such information up on your Hudl and can tell me how this process differs from a double-tap I would love to know! Cheers.
  • Dusty-BinDusty-Bin Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    On the PC version I sometimes have to move around a little to get the arrows to appear on the road!

Yes, I know what you mean here, BKM, but no arrows appear on the tablet app on which to click/tap.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Dusty-Bin wrote: »
    Yes, I know what you mean here, BKM, but no arrows appear on the tablet app on which to click/tap.
    I can try it on an iPhone - which MAY be similar!

There in Streetview (drag the man to the street) a white line appears along the road. DOUBLE tapping on that line seems to move along it - and it took me a while to work out that it seems to need two taps!
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    On my hudl;

In google earth app, there are three things I can do in streetview
    mode (other than settings menu or exit "ground level"), pinch-zoom in/out, slide-rotate view, and doubletap-move along the road.

I cannot bring up the data described in the post above.

I cannot invoke streetview mode in either the maps app (despite the streetview app showing as installed in play store) or maps in browser.