Offensive Gamer tag's or Bio's

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you or have you ever reported those with offensive or inappropriate gamer tag's or bio's ?. Some of them leave me shaking my head in disbelief. How some of these tag's/bio's are allowed is beyond me. Just goes to show the mentally of some people :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao Just realised my spelling mistake. I meant "mentality".
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I just played against someone this afternoon called Nob Jockey
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I just played against someone this afternoon called Nob Jockey

Made me chuckle:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some I find amusing but then there's other that are just sick. For example, one person I played against today in modern 3 (shall remain nameless for the mo) but his bio was disgusting/sick and read "I **** kids". I'm mean wtf is the need for that ?. needless to say I reported him. There's just no need for that kind of thing in a bio.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't give a damn to be honest. I just play games, i couldn't care less about other gamers with their gamer tags and bio's.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao Just realised my spelling mistake. I meant "mentality".

You also had some extra apostrophes ;):)
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to imply I might get on camera a do stuff.... I won't
  • djdean0djdean0 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    There are some players who has a drug reference in their names such as weed etc
    I find pretty stupid
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff that comes across the mic is far worse than a tag/bio.

I got a 7 day ban for having a single F word in my bio :rolleyes: they need to monitor their own Live chat for goodness sake.

A quick cure to the problem, abolish the bios (pointless things anyway) and strict filtering/monitoring of tags.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have bothered about this persons GT but for the fact that he started coming out with all sorts of insults during gaming. I just can't stand that sort of thing and see no need for it. But your'e right 'Flawed', some of the shit iv'e heard over XBL chat makes me cringe.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was playing online earlier tonight & someone with the GT Jimmy Savile joined the game.A couple of people who had mics told the guy to f*ck off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff that comes across the mic is far worse than a tag/bio.

I got a 7 day ban for having a single F word in my bio :rolleyes: they need to monitor their own Live chat for goodness sake.

A quick cure to the problem, abolish the bios (pointless things anyway) and strict filtering/monitoring of tags.

That would annoy the hell out of me if they did that. Swearing is a completely normal thing and sometimes the words just pop out. I hate it when people say "stop swearing" . Everyone swears all the time everywhere, i am not being hushed up in my own house. As long as you are not swearing AT someone then i don't see a problem. If any kids are on, well tough, they probably say the words themselves anyway :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I was playing online earlier tonight & someone with the GT Jimmy Savile joined the game.A couple of people who had mics told the guy to f*ck off.

I have seen plenty of Jimmy Saville stuff, i suppose people think it's hilarious or something :rolleyes: On Fifa games i seen one who named his player Jimmy Saville is coming for you.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't look at ppls bios, i'm not interested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some I find amusing but then there's other that are just sick. For example, one person I played against today in modern 3 (shall remain nameless for the mo) but his bio was disgusting/sick and read "I **** kids". I'm mean wtf is the need for that ?. needless to say I reported him. There's just no need for that kind of thing in a bio.

You did right reporting that, probably some pedo phishing for like mined perverts.

But generally I think a lot of it is harmless. People get reported just because they nailed somebody on COD, otherwise nobody really cares what's in a Bio.

Personally I don't read them.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends had to change his gamertag twice over the last few years because they deemed it offensive. One of them was something like Milfstache and the other had the word Muff in it. Pretty ridiculous really as they're pretty obscure.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99% of people are only doing it to shock people. I'd love to have a tag that would send the lobby into a frenzy, its only a gamertag,yet people are getting bothered about it. I would actually find it funny. I have to say though, something like I **** kids in the bio, I wouldn't do.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I couldn't careless, if anything it instantly highlights you are an childish or an idiot. It certainly don't see the point in reporting people or complaining about it, its only a name.

Someone using offensive names is looking for attention so why give it to them, just ignore them and enjoy your game.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Personally I couldn't careless, if anything it instantly highlights you are an childish or an idiot. It certainly don't see the point in reporting people or complaining about it, its only a name.

Someone using offensive names is looking for attention so why give it to them, just ignore them and enjoy your game.

Id say the idiot is the person getting offended by somebody who is clearly trolling them.
  • Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    just killed somebody on bf3 creatively named 'weed smoker'. had a little chuckle while i teabagged him
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Seed wrote: »
    just killed somebody on bf3 creatively named 'weed smoker'. had a little chuckle while i teabagged him

I find that as idiotic and childish as some of these offensive names, never really understood people who do that.