Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,318
Forum Member
✭✭
Not officially confirmed but walmart have her new single Rock N'Roll up to buy for CD and the front cover has a sticker which seems to confirm the album's title.

http://www.alterthepress.com/2013/07/avril-lavigne-to-release-new-self.html

Comments

• jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be a fan of hers but gone off her completely. After Best Damn Thing, she got so boring. I like Rock n Roll but im not planning on buying her new album
  • coreysevillecoreyseville Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    The album title was confirmed by Avril herself a couple of days ago and it is self titled :D also Avril started using instragram today and the first pic she has posted was the album cover for her new record. It is very different for Avril and it is very artistic personally I love it but you can make your own minds up :)

http://instagram.com/p/cw-3yVI4Hf/
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait; I loved Goodbye Lullaby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Massive Avril fan here, so am definately looking forward to album number 5!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the new album. I don't really like Here's To Never Growing Up but I LOVE her new song Rock n Roll.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freaky album cover, and i mean that in a good way
    I wonder if her marriage to Chad is the main story behind this album. The best damn thing was when she was married to Derek.
    Forum Member
    Freaky album cover, and i mean that in a good way
    I wonder if her marriage to Chad is the main story behind this album. The best damn thing was when she was married to Derek.

It's probably more to do with her growing up and falling in love (again) seeing as most songs were complete by the time she married Chad.

Anyone know when this is due out? Walmart in the US have said September 24th...
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    Her music or her look hasn't changed a bit. I think that's both good and bad.
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Her music or her look hasn't changed a bit. I think that's both good and bad.

To be fair her look has changed - in 2002 she was brunette, then she went blonde in 2007, then in 2010 she went a mix of the two, now she's blonde again.

And TBDT is very different to Goodbye Lullaby as is Under My Skin which is a progression of Let Go.

But overall there is still the unique Avril sound throughout :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's leaked
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Listening now, very strong album so far. Shame the first two singles were some of worst on the album. Hello Kitty is the worst song she's ever recorded though.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm listening to this now. I'm liking it a lot. I didn't care for Goodbye Lullaby too much, it was too slow and acoustic for me. I'm glad she went back to a more fun pop/punk sound, it suits her much better.
  • coreysevillecoreyseville Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I love the album so many great songs on it so glad to finally have Avril back :D cant wait to have my physical copy of the CD on the 4th gonna be playing it none stop
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really liking it. Some songs are okay, Bad Girl and Hello Kitty are a awful and it's hard to tell the difference between Avril and Kesha on them and that's not a good thing, Alot of it sounds so immature too, Nowhere near as good as Goodbye Lullaby!
  • sterock85sterock85 Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Give You What You Like
    Bad Girl
    Hello Heartache
    Falling Fast
    Hush Hush

The above are some of her best songs she has done so far. The rest are ok but nothing special, whilst the opening two songs are just generic and crap.

Hello Kitty deserves a special mention for being so bad it's hilarious. Credit for trying something new and at least it gave me a good laugh.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I just listened to Hello Kitty and I actually love it, it's so much fun. I just wish it didn't have that bass drop bit.
    Forum Member
    sterock85 wrote: »
    Give You What You Like
    Bad Girl
    Hello Heartache
    Falling Fast
    Hush Hush

The above are some of her best songs she has done so far.

Agreed with this, those 5 are my favourites from the album. Some of her vocals are absolutely beautiful.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really liking it. Some songs are okay, Bad Girl and Hello Kitty are a awful and it's hard to tell the difference between Avril and Kesha on them and that's not a good thing, Alot of it sounds so immature too, Nowhere near as good as Goodbye Lullaby!

Never liked the more mature Avril on Goodbye Lullaby. I think as she said in an interview she's a youthful spirit at heart. Trying to be "mature" because people are telling her she should be didn't work for me and seemed sort of phony. Generally, I like pop albums that are fun and don't take themselves too seriously but with a few deeper more heartfelt ballads thrown in for balance. So for me this album fits the bill perfectly. So far it's one of my favourite albums I've heard so far this year. Nice to hear a high quality pop/rock album. The current music scene is so much based around electronic and dance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liking the album

I actually like Goodbye lullaby but only about 6 songs and the rest just fell flat. But i can understand why she did a mature serious album, as that was where she was at that time in her life, as that whole album is pretty much about her divorce from her first husband.

This new album reminds me of a sequel to The Best damn thing with tiny elements of Under My Skin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I love the album. 17 amazing so is bitchin summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I come to the second half of the album and like Goodbye lullaby, it falls apart
    Hello Kitty has to be THE worst thing she has ever done in 11 her year career.
    Forum Member
    Yes, Hello Kitty is absolutely horrendous but I've removed it from the track listing so I'm pretending it doesn't exist. I'm loving the album, her best for a long time.

The problem with GL was that she wrote the songs ages before it was released. When she came to actually releasing the album after all the conflict with her label I don't think she really felt the songs anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be buying it. It is a very disposable album. If i did buy it, i know i would end up selling it a few months later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Can someone pm me a link? :)
  • Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different wrote: »
    Can someone pm me a link? :)

and me please as well as a die hard avril fan I can't wait for this!