[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 2 [Live Show 8]

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last time on Battle Of The Seasons. Our sensational six all took on songs that were on hie wonders. For one act, it was indeed a one hit wonder moment as we witnessed a surprising departure in Max Vickers who left the competition in 6th place. Tonight, we up the ante as our famous five all sing not once but twice as they take on songs relating to cards and number 1's!

Fighting for your votes are the following:

jackamakka who has no remaining 2010 acts

pingu58011 & The last of the 2008 Class
Rachel Hylton

fireemblemcraze & The 2012 Class
Adam Burridge
Ella Henderson

yohinnchild & The 2011 Class
Melanie McCabe
Little Mix

So I hope you guys are here to help make this game go alive this time, confirm your presence, judges!

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hello hello! 'I was here~'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here!!! :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, David's not here and I don't have his comments.

Let's start off with the first round which is all about a deck of cards.

Kicking off the show with their two of hearts, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoPluAVH9pA
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Wow girls I really enjoyed that but I do really like it when David does tell us who’s singing what because I said before what I like most about you is that each of you has a distinct personality and a distinct voice, it’s nice to see songs like the Lady Marmalade which was perfect for you and exploited these traits. Anyway, it was still a funky song, something I can imagine you girls singing, Perrie going for those low notes in the chorus and then Jade doing the background higher octave stuff. I liked it.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix
    Girls well done for opening the show, but I don`t think that was your best performance. It was quite good, with nice vocals, but you have given far better performances in the past weeks. I just don`t feel that was a quarter final performance. I hope you bring it back with the next performance!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's mixed comments to start off for the muffins, but they'll get a chance to turn that around later.

Next up is our remaining Over who's young heart runs free, it's Rachel Hylton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFkJN8zhJs
    Forum Member
    Rachel
    Rachel my heart just ran free with that performance. It was a bit more upbeat than what you have been doing, but your amazing vocals shone through. You had fun on the stage even though it does have powerful and moving lyrics. I loved your little smile aswell. I just can`t wait for your next performance. Well done Rachel. You are my little star!!!
    Forum Member
    Rachel

Rachie baby! I was dancing in my bed while listening to this song (well ok no I wasn’t but moving around like crazy). That song was delicious for your tone. But remember what I said – I would really like you to do something in a more current style. This sounds too ‘way back’ for me. And don’t get me wrong I love my old music (I’m a massive classic rock fan for instance) but you must get the style right. Otherwise, Pingu – great song, and Rachel – really funky performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty good praise for our funky diva but can she do it again later?

Our third act has his heart on his sleeve (how is that possible?!), it's Adam Burridge!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-13iWmL7UA
    Note: Imagine this is sung in just one tone, Adam’s
    Forum Member
    Adam
    Adam when I saw the song I thought oh no, but when I listened to it....I loved it. The song suited you perfectly, and your vocals were great. Thank you Roxie for that amazing song choice, even thought it was very mainstream!!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    Adam

*claps*

Adam that was incredible. How could anyone fault that? It was so current, felt like a fusion of different styles. Ever since back in Week 3 – David gave all my contestants advice to do more daring and risky song choices, I’ve been doing exactly that! Your rendition of ‘Lights’ by Ellie Goulding when Ellie is hitting all these high notes proved that you can ‘sang’ a song, then your performance of the JCB song proved you can make an emotional connection too, I gave you really out-of-comfort zone choices with a punk rock song – Psycho Killer, a dub rock song – Radioactive, a dance song – Only Love Survives, and two really cheesy songs which you made your own – Call Me Maybe, and the Bette Midler song! You had done so much variety, on top of that you’ve done a classic pop song with a bit of dubstep now. You need to get through to that final and it would be criminal if you weren’t!

And really happy that you liked it Pingu.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great reception for Adam there, can he do it twice in a row?

Next up is an act who has a wicked game for tonight (oo-er), it's Melanie McCabe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4R8NBSECg
    Forum Member
    Melanie

*claps*

I really don’t understand how I could criticize that. It was so hauntingly beautiful. That Evanescence-esque piano arrangement was beautiful. And then that hauntingly beautiful vocal was even better. The range you showed in that was like unfair. It’s so unfair how David gets these songs for you and makes you such a good contestant. ‘Wicked Game’ is actually one of my favourite songs ever. I love it how you made your own mark on it. It was incredible. Just incredible. This is why covers are not over rated Yohan because they show the audience exactly how the contestant sounds. It’s a style of mentoring I prefer! Anyway this cover was amazing.
    Forum Member
    Melanie
    Melanie that was just beautiful. Your vocals were powerful and stunning. It was a little boring though so I am a bit torn on that performance. I just hope you completely win me over with your other performance!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting comments for Melanie, but can she make it better in her second song?

Our fifth act has an ace of hearts (that's a good card to have in poker, folks.), it's Ella Henderson!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqqBd7XOhvw
    Note: Imagine this song sung in Ella's deep voice.
    Forum Member
    Ella
    Ella, that was simply superb. A bit of alliteration for you there :p It didn`t sound like you but there was a note and I can imagine you singing it. People were shocked at you getting through last week, but I wasn`t. Ii think you are great Ella, and I hope your second performance is just as good!!!
    Forum Member
    Ella

*massive clap and air hug*

Ella, that was incredible. I love how much variety you have shown in this series. From Indie Rock (the Gotye song) to an Uptempo Tracy Chapman song, then Fiona Apple’s dark Criminal song, then an classic Eminem hip hop song, then a real soulful song last week. You have dabbled your hands (or rather your vocal chords) in every genre nearly – all I needed was a dance/trans song. And there you have it - Ella’s incredible Dance/trans performance. You’ve got me welling up with tears. Vote for Ella, let her stay and she’ll continue to impress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty great comments for Ella, will she surprise us again with her second song?

So with that, we finish the deck of cards round and move onto our second theme which is number 1's.

Back on stage and you're not alone on this one, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI4sEnIBv84
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Ugh…I’m going to be honest and say I dislike the song itself. However, Little Mix singing a club song was much needed. And the vocals actually have that haunting quality of the Mel song I just spoke about mixed in with a few awkward notes like what Florence sings. It was really interesting as a song choice, and the performance of the song itself was great as you could do the harmonies in the chorus and I can always imagine Perrie doing her own thing during them. But I just dislike the song. I still think your previous performances and your first song may be enough to get you through. Also I want to see a proper ballad, with nothing but your vocals if David would be so kind. That would be great to hear. LM’s En Vogue song for example on the actual show itself was incredible and made them a winner in my eyes. If David can find a song like that for me then you’ve won the show!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix
    Girls I said you had to bring it back for your second performance, and you certainly did just that. For me that is one of the best performances from you in this competition. That was AMAZING. Your vocals were just incredible, and it was a cross between slow and upbeat which is what I love. If you reach next week though, I would love some rapping from Leigh-Anne!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh good old 90's, you can't beat it. (Nostalgia rocks! :D)

Anyways, much better reception for the muffins, have they done enough to stay in?

Back again and she has an angel of hers for tonight, it's Rachel Hylton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zj_Ib4ECKk
    Forum Member
    Rachel
    *Standing Ovation*

Rachel that was just simply beautiful. You just made me cry with that beautiful, powerful, moving performance. I couldn`t take my eyes off you and your voice. You were just stunning on that stage, and for me that is your best performance so far in this competition. Everybody vote for Mrs.Rachel Hylton!!!
    Forum Member
    Rachel

*claps and does the weird dance that Rachel does*

I love that song Rachel and I loved that song for you. Just beautiful. Those lyrics are so beautiful. It’s a song I’ve grown up with so I think it means that much more to me. However, I have to say that because we’re at Week 8, I wanted to see the rawness in your voice shine through. It maybe a cover version of a song, but I understand how difficult it is to find suitable songs for Pingu. If you are here next week Rachel then I want your mentor to choose a song which is more soulful and at the same time more current. However, I did enjoy the song massively (perfect for your vocals, and a beautiful song) and I thought it was one giant leap forward. If you do a performance like this next week, you could turn things around for yourself for me because I’m basing my votes now on more of the overall performances throughout the weeks and I think you could win it, there just needs to be another song like this next week…if you do something like this next week, I may even vote for you ahead of one of my own acts! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Rachel gets a lot more praise in her favor, will she be safe in the public vote?

Our third act has Grace Kelly with him (keep it clean, please!), it's Adam Burridge!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGVgAYJyjk
    Forum Member
    Rachel

I wanted to see the rawness in your voice shine through. It maybe a cover version of a song, but I understand how difficult it is to find suitable songs for Pingu.

What do you mean? :eek: