Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherlock Holmes - Game of Shadows 9/10. It's been a while since I enjoyed a movie this much.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total Recall (2012 Remake)
    The original 1990 TOTAL RECALL film is one of my favorite Schwarzenegger films ever. Although it's far from perfect (cheap sets, hammy acting) it was still a fun ride. The 2012 remake had much better sets, better acting, better visual effects, even a better story. But it lacked humor and I think it could have used a nice injection of it. Overall, it was a pretty decent remake that maybe took itself a little too seriously.

Resident Evil: Retribution
    Wow... this was... terrible! I'm a fan of the games but the films have been all over the place. They never make any sense and are loaded with too many action sequences and very, very little story. The best part of this particular film occurs during the last 2 minutes (before the ending credits) which sets up the next film:
    Humanity's last stand. Parts of Washingtone D.C. is literally surrounded by a large wall that's keeping the hordes of monsters out.

Other than that scene that I described in the spoiler tag, RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION is just garbage.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Was this on dvd or blu ray? Just got the US blu ray which is meant to be great!

Well, Darthchaffinch, I can't really help there because I saw this film the other night on the Horror channel (Freesat 138, Sky 319, VM 149). Although it does show a lot of the horror genre, it also shows quite a bit of sci-fi stuff as well and they described this showing of Dune as a premier for the Horror channel.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    The Raid - 8/10

Incredible fight sequences, possibly best I've ever seen. Weak ending though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Road Train...Austrailian horror..It's funny to see young teens in Neighbours, H&A in horror films :D
    Daft film thought it was gonna be like Duel film, where the truck has mind of its own,, was gory towards the end, and the actors turning mad..shall give it just 6/10, thats for the gore ( bodies getting shredded in the back of the truck's trailer :D)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood Work.

Thoroughly enjoyed this Clint Eastwood film...9/10.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Rebecca (1940) - 8/10
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gremlins right now ........itv 1 :D

Don't feed after midnight ......so when do you actually feed the creature? It's always gonna be after midnight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    On the Buses (1971) 7/10 The first movie spin off from the late 60's British sitcom. Stan and Jack work for a London bus company that is hiring women drivers they are taking away any chance of overtime. In retaliation the two come up with different ploys to get rid of them. Short skirts, heaving bosoms, lecherous 'blokes' and 'birds'! Not very pc and a product of its time but good fun all the same!
    Forum Member
    semiminted wrote: »

Don't feed after midnight ......so when do you actually feed the creature? It's always gonna be after midnight

ive set the recorder :p
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Across the Hall [2009]. Director: Alex Merkin

6/10

Man thinks his girlfriend is having an affair and follows her to a hotel with tragic consequences. Neat direction and a non-linear narrative can't conceal the slight plot (derived from a 25 minute short) in which mobile phones play a key part. That the couple are called Terry and June doesn't help for UK viewers of my generation! One of Brittany Murphy's last films (she died the year of its release).
  • geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quality film esp in HD:D

George
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Across the Hall [2009]. Director: Alex Merkin

6/10

Man thinks his girlfriend is having an affair and follows her to a hotel with tragic consequences. Neat direction and a non-linear narrative can't conceal the slight plot (derived from a 25 minute short) in which mobile phones play a key part. That the couple are called Terry and June doesn't help for UK viewers of my generation! One of Brittany Murphy's last films (she died the year of its release).

i picked this up once in Blockbuster, but put it down, had no interest in it at the time

lol at Terry and June ( i too know them :D)
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 368,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady and the Tramp
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That point was made in Gremlins 2, which was less dark than the first and more satirical with a lot of self-referential humour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins_2:_The_New_Batch#Plotting
    Additionally, when Billy is trying to explain the rules regarding the mogwai to staff in the building, the staff find them quite absurd and derisively interrogate Billy on their precise meaning; at one point considering the thought experiment of a mogwai in a plane which crosses a time zone. This scene originates from the fact that the filmmakers themselves saw the rules as irrational, and some questions in the scene were based upon those raised by fans of the original film.[2]
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warrior - 7/10

I'd not heard of Joel Edgerton before, and after looking him up, see he's in the upcoming Zero Dark Thirty and The Great Gatsby.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady and the Tramp

I watched this for the very first time when it was on TV the other day. Really lovely film :)
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    1918 (1985)

6/10
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonrise Kingdom - 8/10

Cute & funny :)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A film called Mega Cyclone superstorm on Syfy channel it was average Syfy film I gave it 5 out of 10.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cockleshell Heroes. 3/10

I was completely disgusted that this thrilling (and true) story about the astonishing bravery of a group of men who helped shorten World War Two by several months due to their heroic efforts blowing up enemy shipping, was turned into something that resembled a third rate Carry On film.

I hope the relatives of those brave men (most of whom lost their lives on this mission) did not trouble themselves to watch such unadulterated rubbish. :(
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 368,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    I watched this for the very first time when it was on TV the other day. Really lovely film :)

I agree it is a wonderful film, my favourite part is when Lady and the Tramp are eating spaghetti :)
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Holiday 8/10 ...sweet romantic film ! ..want that lovely cottage in the film ! :)

Cassablanca ...9/10 ...timeless classic !
  • shuraloveshuralove Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    On a bit of a Ben Whishaw kick just now, Watched Bright Star and Perfume today back to back.

What an actor! Bright Star is my idea of a perfect film; I found it very moving. 10/10 Perfume was an extraordinary experience. Very sensual and surreal. Kept my interest the entire way through. 8/10. A captivating performance by Whishaw in this.

Would be interested to see what others thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood Work.

Thoroughly enjoyed this Clint Eastwood film...9/10.

Good film.
This discussion has been closed.