Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're gonna save Tamera every week if they have to
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    They're gonna save Tamera every week if they have to

That's why I think Nicholas will be the one that causes the ofcom complaints because they won't send Tamera on her way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera will be saved if she is in the bottom 2 no matter who she is up against and no matter how many times she is there so I'll have to go with Hannah.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every year there is a shock exit
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    It depends on who they're planning to shove down our throats - Hannah or Tamera. Who's the alpha girl? One girl will be deported as the 'shock exit' early to avoid splitting votes. At the moment I'm actually thinking the alpha will be Hannah. She's got less commercial appeal but she gets emotional and it's the type of emotion that Ruth used rather than Maloney that gets votes and connects with viewers.

So the shock this year will be Tamera I'm guessing. It depends again on what happens in the lives - as the first week usually determines who the real contenders are and who's good enough to be a 'shock'. Somehow I think Tamera will end up a hate figure so I don't think she'll be a shock but from what we've seen so far + early favorite yes she will be.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Every year there is a shock exit

I may be wrong when reading the OP but that's exactly what the thread is about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

Yep that's right - usually around week 5 when it normally happens
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

It is
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Yep that's right - usually around week 5 when it normally happens

So far we've had:

Series 2 - Maria Lawson (Week 5)
    Series 4 - was there one? Maybe Futureproof (Week 3) or Beverly Trotman (Week 6)?
    Series 5 - Laura White (Week 5)
    Series 6 - Lucie Jones (Week 5)
    Series 7 - Aiden Grimshaw (Week 6)
    Series 8 - The Risk (Week 5)
    Series 9 - Ella Henderson (Week 7)

Don't know about Series 1 or 3 because I hardly ever watched them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far we've had:

Series 2 - Maria Lawson (Week 5)
    Series 4 - was there one? Maybe Futureproof (Week 3)
    Series 5 - Laura White (Week 5)
    Series 6 - Lucie Jones (Week 5)
    Series 7 - Aiden Grimshaw (Week 6)
    Series 8 - The Risk (Week 5)
    Series 9 - Ella Henderson (Week 7)

Don't know about Series 1 or 3 because I hardly ever watched them.

So in general week 5 but it may vary
  • Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um Melanie Masson going in week 2 was a shock
    Forum Member
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    Um Melanie Masson going in week 2 was a shock

Not really. For the purposes of a shocking elimination - the eliminee has to be all things considered not just amazing vocals which Melanie had. Melanie never had the screentime, it was never made completely clear that was she Scottish whereas with others it has been, she didn't have a performance which would be liked by the mainstream/casual viewers, she was never that high up on the betting odds, she didn't have the everyday, every woman Mary B story like Sam B seems to have. Melanie was great but she was never regarded as a favorite. Therefore it wasn't shocking to see her appear in the bottom 2, let alone be eliminated.

Ella was a cert to reach the final - the bookies all had her as a fav since her version of Believe at Bootcamp. The shock of seeing her not make it to the finals, being pimped, not being the winner, being eliminated only in Week 7, heralded as the next Adele, Leona - that was by far the shock of the series. Coming below Rylan, UJ AND Chris was a shock!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain it will be Hannah. She's definitely going to 'do a Misha B' anyway and be bottom 2 fairly soon despite being a favourite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. For the purposes of a shocking elimination - the eliminee has to be all things considered not just amazing vocals which Melanie had. Melanie never had the screentime, it was never made completely clear that was she Scottish whereas with others it has been, she didn't have a performance which would be liked by the mainstream/casual viewers, she was never that high up on the betting odds, she didn't have the everyday, every woman Mary B story like Sam B seems to have. Melanie was great but she was never regarded as a favorite. Therefore it wasn't shocking to see her appear in the bottom 2, let alone be eliminated.

Ella was a cert to reach the final - the bookies all had her as a fav since her version of Believe at Bootcamp. The shock of seeing her not make it to the finals, being pimped, not being the winner, being eliminated only in Week 7, heralded as the next Adele, Leona - that was by far the shock of the series. Coming below Rylan, UJ AND Chris was a shock!

What you describe is what's happened to Nicholas - only noticed since bootcamp by bookies I like him but seriously think he's a option for the dreaded week 5 vote off
  • HartoHarto Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Almost everyone seems to be saying Hannah, so would it really be much of a shock?
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it being Hannah as well. Maybe even Sam Bailey.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi (and yes I think she will last that long)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hannah. I think that Tamera could be the controversial contestant who is saved in a few sing offs and then bows out at the semi final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    lkhere wrote: »
    Abi (and yes I think she will last that long)

If abi lasts that long she'll be on borrowed time and her elimination would not be a shock at all. I suspect she will go sooner.
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prison officer Sam.