Ive tried for hours to find the rf channel
I've visited services on sky and turned on the rf power
How do I find the rf channel on the tv
The manual I've read cant understand
Please help

Comments

• Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure you will have to go into manual tuning and select the analogue tuner, once you have access to that you should be able to manually input the RF frequency that matches the Sky box.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VT50 is one of the best TV's around and you are connecting it by the very worst possible methods !

But if you must : use the TV button on the pana remote to go to the old analogue system and go the the tuning menu and tune it in from there .

Its possible that the RF out from the Sky box is set to ch69 and your TV can not get that high , if so use a HDMI lead to display the Sky box and change its output frequency .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I press the tv button it should show a choice
    It only gives one choice not analogue Not there
    It should give a choice of three
    Would. A factory reset help
    I can't watch the tv now
    I've changed the RF number ro 68 power is on
    Tv link s showing red light
    Please help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eddgreen wrote: »
    I press the tv button it should show a choice
    It only gives one choice not analogue Not there
    It should give a choice of three
    Would. A factory reset help
    I can't watch the tv now
    I've changed the RF number ro 68 power is on
    Tv link s showing red light
    Please help
    Can I just ask why you are using RF? I assume the TV and the Sky box are not in the same room as there is no other reason why you would want to do this.

Anyway I have looked on the Panasonic website and had a read of what I think is the correct manual (if you post the full model number that would help confirm this).

The manual was not particularly clear it has to be said but it looks like there is a manual tuning option in the menu. It is located in the same part of the menu system as the Auto tune option you have probably used to set the TV up initially.

Once you have selected Manual tune you should be presented with the option to tune Digital or Analogue. Choose Analogue then select a channel preset number for the Sky output using the keypad on the remote. You then use the up-down channel button to select the UHF channel the Sky box is outputting on, ie 68 in this case.

It could be the TV is being clever and because you have no analogue channels set up it doesn't give you that choice via the TV button on the remote. So see what happens if you do the manual tune and manage to find the Sky output.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [its a panasinic vt50
    The sky box and the tv not in the same room
    Preesing menu and set up theres no choice for tuning in
    Ive read the manual press tv and a choice should happen
    could a reset not change things
    The choice of a manual tuning isn't there
    Thanks for all you are doing for me

QUOTE=chrisjr;62479476]Can I just ask why you are using RF? I assume the TV and the Sky box are not in the same room as there is no other reason why you would want to do this.

Anyway I have looked on the Panasonic website and had a read of what I think is the correct manual (if you post the full model number that would help confirm this).

The manual was not particularly clear it has to be said but it looks like there is a manual tuning option in the menu. It is located in the same part of the menu system as the Auto tune option you have probably used to set the TV up initially.

Once you have selected Manual tune you should be presented with the option to tune Digital or Analogue. Choose Analogue then select a channel preset number for the Sky output using the keypad on the remote. You then use the up-down channel button to select the UHF channel the Sky box is outputting on, ie 68 in this case.

It could be the TV is being clever and because you have no analogue channels set up it doesn't give you that choice via the TV button on the remote. So see what happens if you do the manual tune and manage to find the Sky output.[/QUOTE]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Setup menu is there an entry "Analogue Tuning Menu"? If so select that and you should have options to Auto Tune and Manual tune.

Since the Sky box output will be the only analogue signal available you might as well use Auto Tune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [
    in the set up menu
    Theres a DVB tuning menu
    That's my only choice and this won't find the sky channel
    No manual tuning
    And again it should be I press tv and a choice should appear
    Freesat. Dvb. Analogue only dvb comes up

QUOTE=eddgreen;62480036][its a panasinic vt50

QUOTE=chrisjr;62479476]Can I just ask why you are using RF? I assume the TV and the Sky box are not in the same room as there is no other reason why you would want to do this.

It could be the TV is being clever and because you have no analogue channels set up it doesn't give you that choice via the TV button on the remote. So see what happens if you do the manual tune and manage to find the Sky output.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eddgreen wrote: »
    [
    in the set up menu
    Theres a DVB tuning menu
    That's my only choice and this won't find the sky channel
    No manual tuning
    And again it should be I press tv and a choice should appear
    Freesat. Dvb. Analogue only dvb comes up

QUOTE=eddgreen;62480036][its a panasinic vt50

It could be the TV is being clever and because you have no analogue channels set up it doesn't give you that choice via the TV button on the remote. So see what happens if you do the manual tune and manage to find the Sky output.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The manual makes it appear as though you should get a menu up when you press the TV button but I'm not so sure this happens. It mentions pressing the button repeatedly to cycle through the different modes. So perhaps when you press the button once it shows which mode you are on then if you pressed it again it would change to Analogue, then Freesat and finally back to DVB.

And reading the manual again it is a bit confusing as the diagram of the menu structure shows all three tuning options (Freesat, DVB, Analogue) but it looks like only one at a time is displayed depending on what mode the TV is in.

So maybe try pressing the TV button twice and see if that switches to analogue. If it does then that should give you the Analogue Tuning Menu option in the Setup menu which in turn leads to the Auto and Manual tuning options.

Oh and when you reply using the Quote button please be careful where you start typing. The last couple of posts you've started typing between the lead [ and the Q of Quote which makes a mess of the post and makes it hard to read. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thanks Chrisjr
    My tv link is working
    Thanks for your help