how long before it's £10 for popcorn and coke ?

13»

Comments

• PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See that's not actually that bad - i'd even probably have a hot dog that was less than a fiver.

Don't Cinemas understand they will make more money on snacks by lowering there prices as more people will buy them :rolleyes:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Cinemas understand they will make more money on snacks by lowering there prices as more people will buy them :rolleyes:

I think they'd make even more money by banning cinema food all together, lowering the ticket prices and packing people in for each showing. I'm sure more people would be inclined to go to the cinema if they could bring their own food and the ticket was £3 or £4 quid.

If they need to top up their income, let them sell merchandise instead of food - obviously not at the same extortionate mark-up, but if they were competitive with the likes of HMV e.t.c, then it could be a nice earner.
  • PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    The concessionary stand is an integral part of the cinema experience for the majority of cinema goers. It wouldn't exist otherwise.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It's the way most cinemas make their money nowadays isn't it? Most of their profit comes from the food and drink.

I don't really buy any food to take in with me any more. I used to be partial to the old Haagen Das ice-creams, but nowadays not so much.

When I was younger I would go for a medium popcorn(sweet), but I usually consumed that by the time the trailers had finished.

Nowadays I do actually find the idea of having things like popcorn, nachos, hotdogs in a cinema rather distracting.

I have only bought in things like a roll and a small bottle coke or water. I've never been searched for food in any of the cinemas I have been to.

I think that I tend to view the fact that you are going to view a film, not eating out.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd expect a line of Coke for those prices!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The concessionary stand is an integral part of the cinema experience for the majority of cinema goers. It wouldn't exist otherwise.

I think people think it's an "experience". At the end of the day, you're paying to go and watch a film. There's no hidden law that says you must eat a four course meal.
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I normally just take my own drink in from the Tesco near it and sometimes a small chocolate bar or something similar. Nothing that rustles, it only annoys me when it's a really quiet part of the film and all I can hear is someone eating! It doesn't bother me most of the time though.
    I don't think Cineworld bother any more anyway! I just take it in a plastic bag and throw it away before I go in.

The prices are ridiculous anyway, I used to like popcorn at the cinema bit now it's to expensive.
    I never like fizzy juice so I used to sneak my own juice in!
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with popcorn?
    How many people eat popcorn while watching a film on TV I wonder.
    The last time I went to the cinema was to see the Davinci Code.
    I have'nt been back to a cinema since then.
    There was'nt a spare seat,so I had to sit beside the munchers,crunchers.and slurpers.
    I had paid for daughter,son.and sons girlfriend as well as myself,so it cost me over £30 to watch one film that I could have bought on DVD for a fiver.