Beyonce surprises the world releasing self titled album on iTunes without warning.

15678911»

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    yes i rung up yesterday to make sure HMV would have it :D
    i was also surprised to see the shelves rammed full.

this is how i like my albums, on CD. not some ghastly itunes download :p

THIS:)
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Am... Sasha Fierce is her worst album.

Like I said, I completely disagree. I think this current album is defintiely her weakest work yet. While the videos are creative, most of the tracks are below average or just downright awful. Even 4 was a better album, but I much pefer her work from I Am Sasha Fierce because that's when I thought she was at her best.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

blasphemy!:o
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    XO is very nice but as a single it just doesn't pack enough of a punch...it is just lacking that "oomph" IMO.

it's dull; i don't get why everyone is raving on about it:confused:

easily the worst on the album for me anyway.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've bought tickets for the tour from Beyonce.com (turnupgroup). Does anyone know if I'll be sent tickets in the post or will they be e-tickets?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've bought tickets for the tour from Beyonce.com (turnupgroup). Does anyone know if I'll be sent tickets in the post or will they be e-tickets?

Normally when i buy tickets, your given the option to have either one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

I disagree, out of all of Beyonce's solo albums, IASF is the best.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member

Agreed, by far the worst.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this has already been posted but I can't be bothered to read the thread....

Just been reading that Amazon and a number of other retailers are refusing to stock the album.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this has already been posted but I can't be bothered to read the thread....

Just been reading that Amazon and a number of other retailers are refusing to stock the album.

I've only read about Target & Amazon
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/amazon-isnt-stocking-new-beyonce-cd-20131221
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/22/amazon-not-stocking-copies-of-beyonce-in-wake-of-albums-exclusive-itunes-release-4240264/

I kind of get where they are coming from: it seems that usually, you don't give advantages to only 1 distributor, so this special deal with the Apple store & the ban on preorders for everyone else rubbed them the wrong way.
    According to articles online, it's more about sending a signal to Sony (or any other label) that this sort of preferencial treatment won't be accepted without a fight, but I don't think it will dent Beyonce's sales that much... People will get the album somewhere else if they really want it.
    Forum Member
    Just heard Partition and Flawless and they're really good songs :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I've only read about Target & Amazon
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/amazon-isnt-stocking-new-beyonce-cd-20131221
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/22/amazon-not-stocking-copies-of-beyonce-in-wake-of-albums-exclusive-itunes-release-4240264/

I kind of get where they are coming from: it seems that usually, you don't give advantages to only 1 distributor, so this special deal with the Apple store & the ban on preorders for everyone else rubbed them the wrong way.
    According to articles online, it's more about sending a signal to Sony (or any other label) that this sort of preferencial treatment won't be accepted without a fight, but I don't think it will dent Beyonce's sales that much... People will get the album somewhere else if they really want it.

I get that but Target are clearly throwing their toys out of the pram because they always gets the bonus tracks and special versions of an album which gives them the advantage. They're just sulking.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says more about Amazon and Target than it says about Beyonce. They're refusing to stock an item that a hell of a lot of their customers would want to buy. What they've done is ridiculous and has made them look pathetic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this album out to buy physically now??
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says more about Amazon and Target than it says about Beyonce. They're refusing to stock an item that a hell of a lot of their customers would want to buy. What they've done is ridiculous and has made them look pathetic.

I actually think that this week long exclusive with Apple (and no special deal with any of the other retailers who sell physical copies) says a lot about the new strategies that Sony might be envisioning in the future, and I understand their reaction to this.

Considering how huge Amazon & Target are (and considering they are not the only ones to have felt slighed), I find it great that they have reacted. Anyone who prefers physical copies, aka the vast majorities of album buyers, also has a right to be annoyed at this exclusive deal with the Apple store for the 1st week IMO. If no one reacts, this could become a usual sort of thing.
    Forum Member
    I have listened to most of the album fully and now I have to say I really like it. I like 8 tracks which are:
    Mine
    XO
    Heaven
    Jealous
    Flawless
    Partition
    Haunted
    Pretty Hurts

I have yet to hear the other songs like Blow, Superpower etc. But this album is much better than 4.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XO is the best song of the year for me and i dont even really like Beyonce but that track is killer.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    XO is the best song of the year for me and i dont even really like Beyonce but that track is killer.

Xo is the only song I've heard from the new album (oh and Drunk In Love, which is ok) and I love it. Is it officially being released as a single over here? I really want it to do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My album came today

You get the album in a nice slip case. Then you take the album out and the front cover is a very unflattering picture of Beyonce's backside. Would of liked a nice flattering picture to have seen first thing in the morning or for the album as a whole. The slip case will be permanently staying on and I will use that as my Itunes artwork.