Black Mirror Series 2

AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,841
Forum Member
Can't find any threads on here since the online article I saw last week about Series 2 of Black Mirror coming in February. Thought I would start one so the better informed of you out there can post when they have air dates. I am sure Series 1 was much discussed at the time. I loved it! And I hear Series 2 is going to be equally good and dark.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.)

Comments

• mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't be able to watch it, I'm afraid.

I saw the first series out of order on iplayer, and thought they were brilliant. Saw the first one (the pig and the PM) last, and had my heart attack before the end, so I'm kinda staying clear this time! :D
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the pm one, it was very dark and creepy and reflective on society! Wasnt so keen on the one where they could rewatch any event in their life. The other one with the talent show reminded me a bit of a film i saw where everyone was kept in sterile conditions fearing the world was ending but in reality their organs were being harvested.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumpage as its on tomorrow:)

"Martha and Ash relocate to a remote cottage, but the following day he is killed while returning the hire van. At the funeral, Martha's friend Sarah tells her about a service that lets people stay in touch with the deceased - by using all of his past social media profiles, a new `Ash' can be created"

Hmmmm - creating a virtual person from their on-line presence - sounds a familiar idea - I wonder if Charlie watched "Caprica" ;)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,841
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Bumpage as its on tomorrow:)

"Martha and Ash relocate to a remote cottage, but the following day he is killed while returning the hire van. At the funeral, Martha's friend Sarah tells her about a service that lets people stay in touch with the deceased - by using all of his past social media profiles, a new `Ash' can be created"

Hmmmm - creating a virtual person from their on-line presence - sounds a familiar idea - I wonder if Charlie watched "Caprica" ;)

Thanks a million for this post. I had no idea it was on tomorrow. Thank goodness for this forum and notification when someone replies.

I have not seen Caprica. I take it the episode tomorrow is a rip-off of that? Am still looking forward to it.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Thanks a million for this post. I had no idea it was on tomorrow. Thank goodness for this forum and notification when someone replies.

I have not seen Caprica. I take it the episode tomorrow is a rip-off of that? Am still looking forward to it.

I would hesitate to say 'rip off' - I expect the idea was kicking around long before Caprica - probably dates back to the golden era of sci fi fiction back in the '40s & '50s like most seemingly original concepts do ;)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,841
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I would hesitate to say 'rip off' - I expect the idea was kicking around long before Caprica - probably dates back to the golden era of sci fi fiction back in the '40s & '50s like most seemingly original concepts do ;)

Thanks for that. It sounds like it will be brought up to date anyway, with the social networking reference.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Going to tape it and looking forward to it! I loved the pm and the pig from series one so im hoping series two will be just as good!
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Going to tape it and looking forward to it! I loved the pm and the pig from series one so im hoping series two will be just as good!

tape it?

_
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    tape it?

_

Well, someone else said earlier, they saw the first series on Iplayer. They'd have a job...
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this!
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw the last one of the first series and I did enjoy it so looking forward to this! I just read about the pig one on wiki. Sounds intriguing! Is it on 4od?
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emzi27 wrote: »
    I only saw the last one of the first series and I did enjoy it so looking forward to this! I just read about the pig one on wiki. Sounds intriguing! Is it on 4od?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror/4od
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Future phone is too small.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More abject filth no doubt if it's like the last series it's no wonder this country is the moral cess pit it is when weirdos are paid loads of money to relieve their obscure sexual fantasises on an undeserving public ......:mad::mad::mad:
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like dark things - The darker the better.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    More abject filth no doubt if it's like the last series it's no wonder this country is the moral cess pit it is when weirdos are paid loads of money to relieve their obscure sexual fantasises on an undeserving public ......:mad::mad::mad:

:rolleyes:

You don't like it? Don't watch it!
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

You don't like it? Don't watch it!

I have the right as much as anyone to dictate what people should and should not watch.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Future phone is too small.

I liked that massive computer easel type thing though.

It's going to turn a bit sinister, good stuff

This one has a not so distant future tone about it.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the right as much as anyone to dictate what people should and should not watch.

Please tell me you are trolling. :rolleyes:
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What the fu...?
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is creepy...
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outside of the house reminds me of the one used in 28 weeks later.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All a bit style over substance so far.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew from the trailer I wouldnt like this episode, the premise is utterly stupid...what kind of idiot would fall for that nonsense....its like emotional masturbation or something...sorry charlie not buying it.