Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Picked up the tickets earlier for the midnight showing at my local IMAX, cost me almost £14 each, but cannot wait. :D

I'm going to the Cineworld IMAX triple bill (Thor, The Avengers, and then Thor 2 at midnight) on the 29th, all three films for the brilliant price of £4.14 thanks to my Unlimited card. Can't wait, although i'm sure my arse will be completely dead by 2am :eek::D
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I enjoy it as much as I did Ironman 3, I'll be happy although I loved the 1st Thor movie so much, hopfully this will top it and need multiple visits to the cinema.

We also have the Captain America trailer before Thor and don't forget to stay for the credit scenes, apparently mid and after.

How much do you think this will take at the box office in total?

I think it'll exceed $800 million.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    How much do you think this will take at the box office in total?

I think it'll exceed $800 million.
    There's been some underperforming fantasy during the summer, but Thor 2 should buck that trend and $800m sounds like a target within reach. It's pretty darn good too, apparently.

Review: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-latest/thor-the-dark-world/5062762.article?blocktitle=The-Latest&contentID=598
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been some underperforming fantasy during the summer, but Thor 2 should buck that trend and $800m sounds like a target within reach. It's pretty darn good too, apparently.

Review: http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-latest/thor-the-dark-world/5062762.article?blocktitle=The-Latest&contentID=598

BEWARE SPOILERS :)
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    ^ Thanks (ahem :o)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I'm going to the Cineworld IMAX triple bill (Thor, The Avengers, and then Thor 2 at midnight) on the 29th, all three films for the brilliant price of £4.14 thanks to my Unlimited card. Can't wait, although i'm sure my arse will be completely dead by 2am :eek::D

Enjoy your Bargain Marvel day tomorrow CJ :). I am having a similar one, but with blu-rays first then the cinema. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to the cinema for the 12.30pm showing tomorrow and can't wait.
    I'm pretty sure it's going to have lots of kids in the place as it's half term and usually if it wasn't for the fact that I've been looking forward to this and keeping up to date with the movie's developments since they announced the start of filming and release date, I'd wait to see this next week.

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow evening.
    Forum Member
    Enjoy your Bargain Marvel day tomorrow CJ :). I am having a similar one, but with blu-rays first then the cinema. :o:D

Thank you! Same to you mate :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from seeing Thor 2 & loved every single moment of it, there seemed to be a lot more witty humour in it when compared to other Marvel films but it worked. The 3D looked pretty good without overkill & the storyline itself worked really good for a sequel. As it has been already stated, staying behind for both extra scenes after the credits is worth it.

For anyone wondering they didn't show the trailer to Captain America 2, they only showed trailers of Robocop & a couple of other non Marvel films.

Overall I give Thor 2 a solid 10/10. Highly entertaining & will be getting on Blu-ray. :)
    Forum Member
    Just got back and I really enjoyed it, better than the first Thor movie by quite some distance (imo), you can tell it was directed by Alan Taylor of Game of Thrones, it has a similar visual style and the cinematography was gorgeous (Iceland always seems to make stunning backdrops for films). Highly recommended :)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Excellent film. Very good all round. Best superhero film this year!

Can someone please explain the mid credit scene please because I don't understand who and what and wtf ?

Best bit in the film:
    Captain America - Hilarious
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »

Can someone please explain the mid credit scene please because I don't understand who and what and wtf ?
    Benicio Del Toro was playing The Collector, a character that will come into play in next years Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Benicio Del Toro was playing The Collector, a character that will come into play in next years Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ive looked him up ... complicated stuff !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you guys enjoyed it so much, sounds like a blast. :)
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Excellent film. Very good all round. Best superhero film this year!

Best bit in the film:
    Captain America - Hilarious

Followed closely by:
    Can you tell me how to get to Greenwich?
    and then by:
    Pretty much every scene with Erik Selvig! :D
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing Thor 2 & loved every single moment of it, there seemed to be a lot more witty humour in it when compared to other Marvel films but it worked. The 3D looked pretty good without overkill & the storyline itself worked really good for a sequel. As it has been already stated, staying behind for both extra scenes after the credits is worth it.

For anyone wondering they didn't show the trailer to Captain America 2, they only showed trailers of Robocop & a couple of other non Marvel films.

Overall I give Thor 2 a solid 10/10. Highly entertaining & will be getting on Blu-ray. :)

Agree with you, I saw the midnight showing last night as well and loved it - BIB though, they did show the Captain America trailer where I was, not a new trailer though, I'd already seen it online.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I saw Thor 2 this morning in the first 2D screening of the day.I thought it was really good and very funny.It did feel as if there was too much put into the film as you could tell that there was a lot of scenes cut out so I can't wait to see the directors cut on Blu Ray to see the film in its full glory!

The end hints towards Thor 3 and the mid credit scene hints towards Guardians Of The Galaxy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was great, fun, great effects, good story, music fitted in well, everyone in the cast were good. Will be seeing it again on Monday.
    Loved the end credit scenes too.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the cinema, loved it!
    Especially the Captain America cameo :D
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was boring, it had it's moments, no question, but it was poor for the most part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    6/10 after some very good films like Rush Captain Philips, Gravity and even the recent Escape Plan this was very disappointing. Phase 2 is like the sequels for The Matrix, terrible!
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen it now !!!
    LOVED IT!!!!!!!
    enjoyed Iron Man 3, but this was so much better.
    Funny in bits, great sequences, great everything!!!!!!!!!!!
    can confirm there are 2 final sequences, mid credit and end credit.

I just want to see it again :)
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wondered what that was all about!!
    Knew it was something significant to the more knowledgable!
    Thought it was something about Avengers 2 myself though i didn't know how!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Just got back! Absolutely brilliant, I thought it was much improved from the first film.
    Captain America oh my god! Utterly brilliant. :p

I'd heard beforehand that Loki died so I was a little apprehensive going in, even though I knew they probably wouldn't kill him, so very happy with the ending haha.

Also we left after the mid credit scene, didn't realise there was another, what happened in the end one?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with the above. A great continuation of the Marvel movie universe and an excellent mix of humour and action. Kat Denning as Darcy especially made me giggle.

Good to see Stan still getting his little cameos as well.