Comments

• ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Blows all that crap out the window where people were accusing her of having a gastric band.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blows all that crap out the window where people were accusing her of having a gastric band.

That was exactly my first thought, Essex!

She seems so lovely and I really envy her hair, which usually looks so glossy and healthy. She's also been one of those lucky people with striking facial features.

It's a bit of a shame she's regained the weight
    a) for health reasons and
    b) because she put so much hard work into losing it when she admits she loves her food.

All the same, she was never meant to be a skinny Minnie and so long as she's healthy and happy, that's what's important.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    That was exactly my first thought, Essex!

She seems so lovely and I really envy her hair, which usually looks so glossy and healthy. She's also been one of those lucky people with striking facial features.

It's a bit of a shame she's regained the weight
    a) for health reasons and
    b) because she put so much hard work into losing it when she admits she loves her food.

All the same, she was never meant to be a skinny Minnie and so long as she's healthy and happy, that's what's important.

She may well be happy but there is no way that she can be healthy at that size. That might be an unpopular view - but she really is morbidly obese.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah yes. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to admit they were wrong and owe Dawn an apology for witch-hunting her. ;)

For me, Dawn has always looked beautiful - she IS beautiful - but I do think it's a shame she's gained so much because I just can't see how that much extra weight for her height can be either healthy or comfortable. But, her life, and if she's happy, then none of my business.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I like Dawn French and think it's a pity she put so much hard work in to lose the weight only to turn back to the very foods that were causing her weight gain in the first place.

Aside from the weight gain what is it with celebrities not holding their own umbrellas?? Do they suddenly lose the use of their arms when they become famous?

Her and Jennifer would be the first to poke fun at this kind of nonsense I would have thought.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may well be happy but there is no way that she can be healthy at that size. That might be an unpopular view - but she really is morbidly obese.

I do tend to agree, actually...I did say 'as long as she's healthy'. Not being aware of her medical history, it's hard to quantify but she's only tiny so I guess there has to be some kind of impact upon her physical well-being...later on, if not already. All the same, she seems to keep relatively active and I'd hazard a guess that there enough people warning her about her weight, ad nauseam. Down to her, really, if she wants to do anything about it. She's an intelligent woman, so it's her call.

I also think, as I indicated above, that she's still a beautiful person, morbidly obese or not.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..is a porker
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is Geri Halliwell a "healthy" weight as well? I very much doubt it looking at the pics. Just because it is more acceptable to be superthin doesn't mean you are super healthy. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight/ obese.

Both of them have issues with food (Dawn may be addicted to bad carbs and Geri is liable to be addicted to controlling her food intake).

Hopefully Dawn can nip this in the bud and not put anymore weight back on, bless her. Losing SO much weight is a MASSIVE task, am in awe of her, even if she has put a couple of stone back on. Thats' still 5 stone off her original starting weight!!!. And losing weight AND keeping it off is a bloody hard daily slog.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    But is Geri Halliwell a "healthy" weight as well? I very much doubt it looking at the pics. Just because it is more acceptable to be superthin doesn't mean you are super healthy. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight/ obese.

Both of them have issues with food (Dawn may be addicted to bad carbs and Geri is liable to be addicted to controlling her food intake).

Hopefully Dawn can nip this in the bud and not put anymore weight back on, bless her. Losing SO much weight is a MASSIVE task, am in awe of her, even if she has put a couple of stone back on. Thats' still 5 stone off her original starting weight!!!. And losing weight AND keeping it off is a bloody hard daily slog.

I don't see anyone saying any different?

Too thin is unhealthy.
    Too fat is unhealthy.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame she's put the weight back on. Hopefully it's just a lapse in concentration with the move to Australia and once she's settled she'll have time to take care of herself and her diet properly.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder Qantas super-jumbos had technical problems flying that heap over to Oz!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Dawn is a beautiful, talented woman. She lost a lot of weight and looked fantastic. But that kind of weight loss is hard to maintain. She is a newly-wed, so probably very happy in her private life with a husband who adores her - difficult to keep to a strict dieting regime in those circumstances. HOWEVER, I do think for her health she does need to lose a lot of weight. She is only 5 foot tall and she surely wants to stay around for her daughter and her new husband? Having said all that - I still think she is beautiful and funny and warm and talented. And I know how bloody hard it is to a) get the weight off, and b) keep it off. I wish her well .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I should have added: c) it is NONE of our business how much she weighs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. Before her recent weight loss, she was walking with a stick. There is a pretty high chance that she is diabetic or at least borderline, let alone the strain on her heart. Nobody of Dawn's weight would ever be medically described as healthy.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Granted, Dawn French has been dangerously obese at points and there are too many who are so overweight it's unhealthy. That's never a good thing and people should always be encouraged to change for what better suits them. However, I will just never understand why some people (and not just our gutter press) are so obsessed with the weight of others. It's really weird to me. Surely it's nobody's business but the individual - unless they are someone like the silly Claire Richards or Natalie Cassidy who use their weight to get in the papers.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    ..is a porker

Whereas you are perfect, I assume ...
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    i like dawn french she seems a very happy person,
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who played the character she played in Psychoville with complete abandon is fine by me.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is her move to Australia temporary or permanent??
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Anyone who played the character she played in Psychoville with complete abandon is fine by me.

Loved her in that.

Terrific lady.
  • robwillsmithrobwillsmith Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    No wonder Qantas super-jumbos had technical problems flying that heap over to Oz!

Vile comment.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was anyone else other than Dawn French you would all be slagging her off for putting the weight back on but because it is her you are all sorry for her and making excuses.
    She eats too much whether she is in Australia or UK hence the weight gain.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    If this was anyone else other than Dawn French you would all be slagging her off for putting the weight back on but because it is her you are all sorry for her and making excuses.
    She eats too much whether she is in Australia or UK hence the weight gain.

It is also the fact that she was NEVER funny. Jennifer Saunders gave her some good lines but thanks to her writing humour bounced onto this Miss Michelin so-called comedienne!
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep , well it's her life .Maybe she doesn't want a longer food restricted life and wants a short live it up life .Her choice !
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I love Dawn and she has always been so pretty but what would really worry me if I were her is that in 20 years or so time that weight could turn her into an invalid. I have seen it in my own family where the years of excess weight finally catch up with you and you become not only unable to climb stairs but to walk anywhere and you end up losing your independence and everything becomes a huge struggle.

Its one of the big incentives for me to never get more than a few pounds (okay a stone) over my best weight as it scared the bejesus out of me:eek:.