Options

Richard Madeley really is Alan Partridge

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    It's weird seeing this thread bumped up. I was dreaming of Madeley last night :o

Me, Ricky Gervais, and Madeley were on the set of R&J and there were huge ceramic baths full of maltesers which myself and Ricky Gervais were diving into, Madeley was just trying to interview Ricky.

I won't go on, as other peoples dreams rarely seem interesting ! But I put this down to the fact I was painting until 1:30am. The fumes must have messed with my head. Hopefully it won't happen again :D

If that'd happened in my dream I wouldn't have been responsible for my actions :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Stargazy Spy

When not presenting 'Richard and Judy', 'The National Book Awards' and that horrible show where people remove their dignity and cravenly beg for money on air, Richard Madeley and his lovely wife Judy spend time at their holiday home in Polperro in Cornwall. Richard spends his free time growing his hair and getting back to nature, like one of those crazy hippies, refusing to shave and being a bit of an all round free spirit.

But Richard also treats his body like a temple (leaving the shoes on the outside - Hurley take note) and takes regularly jogs around the sleepy hamlet, keen to remain anonymous in his 'down time'. Odd then, that he wears the brightest possible fluorescent shirt and hat, topping it off with wraparound mirror shades, a bit like a clown version of Bono.

Richard's jogging style is somewhat unusual as well. Fearing the long lenses of the paparazzi might catch him looking sweaty, Richard tends to sprint for a few seconds before diving behind a telephone box, hedge or any other obstacle and peering out, checking to see if he's been spotted. He then resumes his run for another forty seconds before the next bout of hiding. A little like Alan Partridge preparing for his Bank Holiday Bond-athon...

(from holy moly mailout)

I very nearly weed at this. :D God I love this thread !

I think an organised summer trip to Polperro is in order !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very nearly weed at this. :D God I love this thread !

I think an organised summer trip to Polperro is in order !

Good idea *digs out camera for spot of Madeley-baiting*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glitterbug wrote:
    Good idea *digs out camera for spot of Madeley-baiting*

Is he worth it? I say don't bully him, ignore him instead
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    I think Kitty's idea is a good one.

Anyone willing to chip in for the hire of a coach? :D
  • Options
    nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes and we need one with a loudspeaker, like the ones you go round los angeles in "and on the right, we have t.v. presenter richard madeley lurking in the undergrowth..........."
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    yes and we need one with a loudspeaker, like the ones you go round los angeles in "and on the right, we have t.v. presenter richard madeley lurking in the undergrowth..........."

Excellent! :D

If we get enough cash perhaps we could hire David Walliams in his coach guide character from Little Britain - 'And on the left we have the house where Richard first took Judy up the wrong'un......' ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    We could always hire Alistair McGowan to lurk in the bushes so the punters don't get disappointed. His Madeley is sublime !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We will also need to stand around any telephone box he chooses to hide in, during one of his runs, and point. Then when we've flushed him out, chuck bic razors at him while shouting "Ahhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".....

By that time, if we havent been arrested, we can pop in to visit Judy, hold her shaking hands and tell her that it's okay, we understand that her visible shaking is, in fact, murderous rage and we feel for her. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Excellent! :D

If we get enough cash perhaps we could hire David Walliams in his coach guide character from Little Britain - 'And on the left we have the house where Richard first took Judy up the wrong'un......' ;):D

:eek: please, please dont ever make me think of that again! :D:D:cry::o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could always hire Alistair McGowan to lurk in the bushes so the punters don't get disappointed. His Madeley is sublime !
    have you seen it when he's on the show, he wears exactly what dick is wearing and it's freaky. richard goes along with the joke (hahahahah i've got a sense of humour i can laugh at myself ) but his monumental ego is bubbling just under the surface (i don't do that, do i ?)

:D

lol, i've just been reminded of the time he had ray winston's actress daughter on, i think her name was jamie or something? anyway, he gave her the cheesy leer as per, then said 'oh you are so beautiful, you actually look just like your old man only good looking"

lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he gave her the cheesy leer as per, then said 'oh you are so beautiful, you actually look just like your old man only good looking"
    lol :D

What a loser! It's not difficult to see why this thread will go on into infinity the way this bloke contravenes human existence!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Apology

Responsible types that we are, we have to acknowledge that a major mistake was made in the story published last week about Richard Madeley acting like a ******** on the streets of Polperro.

Richard Madeley actually acts like a ******** along the streets of Polruan. Sorry for any offence caused. Except to Richard.

(holy moly mailout today)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it looks like Judy is thinking of retiring, so I await with baited breath for an unleashed Richard to out-Partridge himself in the very near future :D

(sorry, this post was just an excuse to bump this thread back up cos I luv it so much !)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like Judy is thinking of retiring, so I await with baited breath for an unleashed Richard to out-Partridge himself in the very near future :D

(sorry, this post was just an excuse to bump this thread back up cos I luv it so much !)[/QUOTE]

3 cheers for kittylitter!you've jsut made my day:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comman-DOH!

One thing you should consider when Richard Madeley does his Ali G impression in that shiny yellow shellsuit:

Richard never, repeat NEVER wears underwear. The back of those trousers probably look like a over-ripe banana. Ugh! And when in his tuxedo and handing over the Man Booker prize, imagine a pair of golden globes swinging gently in the breeze. Savour that over the weekend.

from today's holymoly

(a.k.a. a shameless bump):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought i'd give this another bump because

:eek: :D the mad-ley is back on telly:D :eek:

all hair, tan and teeth, and dressed like miami vice meets jason king in some kind of beige lounge suit.

hooray!

and it looks like judy hasn't retired yet (didn't think so!)

she has told him off already. he told a whole anecdote about his mother and how she has a strong need to control her own kitchen (!) and once she allowed his sister to prepare christmas/sunday lunch in there, but ended up being unable to resist going in and interfering etc....."didn't she judy, she did, she has to be in control all the time, hhaaaa haaa" (so it's genetic then)

"no she doesn't" said st jude, with a puzzled look on her face, as if she didn't recognise this story at all, while the studio guests look on in bemusement.

love it.:D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - he's back!! :D

It seems that Dickie has adopted a new style icon in the form of Sonny Crockett. And what is going on with that hair?? :p

Old Jude looks as if she is going to be carted off to the old folks' home at any point. Somebody put them out of their misery please. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliasjones wrote: »
    Has he got a strong point?

I don't know, you'd better ask Judy ;);):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've heard enough about Richard's strong points already. :sleep: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see last series when James Morrison was on? It is the night of The Brits and Richard asks him how he feels about being up for an award. He is on about his gravelly voice as well and then he goes, "Ooh! Hang on! Can I just say something?" Judy looks a bit puzzled by this point. He then says to James, "You've gone from gritty - to Britty!" James joins Judy in looking puzzled now. Richard then punches the air - obviously chuffed to bits with himself for being so clever and witty - and says, "Partridge lives!"

I nearly wet myself!! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    ziggy6 wrote: »
    Did anyone see last series when James Morrison was on? It is the night of The Brits and Richard asks him how he feels about being up for an award. He is on about his gravelly voice as well and then he goes, "Ooh! Hang on! Can I just say something?" Judy looks a bit puzzled by this point. He then says to James, "You've gone from gritty - to Britty!" James joins Judy in looking puzzled now. Richard then punches the air - obviously chuffed to bits with himself for being so clever and witty - and says, "Partridge lives!"

I saw that nearly drowned the wife in a spray of tea. He's obviously proud of the AP association:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he has as good as admitted it. Alan Partridge is his icon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ziggy6 wrote: »

do you think he read digital spy? :eek:

or even worse........do you think he's one of the posters? :eek: :eek:

because he would definitely post on a thread about himself, it would be so his style:D

in fact, it's me, that's why i keep bumping it up......:D ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh, and i've just seen their new advert, containing his most partridge moments, yes he is definitly doing it on purpose

the last clip of the ad shows dicky appearing to be burying his head in jude's lap and mewing or something

which reminded me of their auto-biography. in that, he refers to their age gap and how, when they met when he was the new boy at work and judy was assigned to help him settle in, she introduced herself with "hello, i'm your mummy" pmsl:D

rarely among celeb auto-biog's, you can so , so tell that they have written it themselves: it's written in the same style that they talk

and because of mad-ley's controlling dominance, (he thinks), they have had to write alternate chapters on their own, then stuck them together, lol