Doctor Who One Sentance At A Time

Comments

• ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Clara picks up the fan from the armchair and starts fanning herself. "Well, it's certainly a hot museum!", she says. "Do you think there's something wrong with the air conditioning?"
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Clara, let me look at that fan" Clara passed the fan to the Doctor.He held the fan in his hands as he looked closely. "Eureka" shouted the Doctor.
    Forum Member
    "What is it Doctor?", asked Clara excitedly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Look at the way, the fan when held to the light makes a pattern" explained the Doctor. "Oh I see a message, it says don't forget the milk and eggs pto" mused Clara, puzzled as to it's meaning.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    "pto, it means Pull to Open", the doctor said, distracted by the patterns the fan was now making on the wall.
    Forum Member
    "It means Please Turn Over", disagreed Romana as she snatched the fan away and looked at the other side. "Time for a soufflé. PTO", she read.

"You must have written this in the future and left it here as a message to yourself", she mused.

"Hardly much point", said Clara cheerfully, "it's always time for a soufflé!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The next question is who left the fan on the chair?" pondered the Doctor.
    Forum Member
    "Doctor! Pay attention. I just said it was probably your future self who left the fan.", said Romana, "Honestly, I don't know why I bother..."

Romana continues to mutter under her breath as she begins to examine the exhibits. Staring at at the Samurai warrior she says, "Do these waxwork dummies remind you of Autons?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Romana, you really should know that probabilities are just that, unfounded until proven otherwise"replied the Doctor.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    [beaten to it]
    Forum Member
    "I didn't say they were Autons, I just said they reminded me of Autons", Romana retorted. "It's probably just the gun sticks that they are aiming at us that made me think of it."
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The statues starting moving in a rather Auton-esque way, and herded the Doctor, River-Romana and Clara into the next room, where ten strangely familiar-looking statues stood. "Doctor! That one's you with the scarf! And that one's you, too!!" shouted Romana-River. "They're all me!" said the Doctor, a bit too smugly. "Eh?" said Clara. "I'll explain later," said the Doctor, "if there is a later..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What do you meen by if there is a later? And do not give me any timey wimey !!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Autons (for such they were) ushered the trio into the next room - a room full of humanoid statues. "Good grief!" said the Doctor, "Sarah! Jo! Ian! Jamie! Romana! Romana!" "So good you had to say it twice?" said Romana, "and I'm here as River, too!" "Eh?" said Clara, who was getting very confused and annoyed at the lack of explanation from the other two.

[Can we change the thread to "Doctor Who Up To Four Sentences At A Time"? One sentence is too short...]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Autons left the room in an orderly fashion giving the Doctor time to investigate the humanoid statues. "Who are they Doctor?" asked Clara.
    Forum Member
    Before the Doctor could answer, Romana speaks up: "Autons are life-sized plastic dummies animated by the Nestene Consciousness, an extra-terrestrial disembodied gestalt intelligence. Their name comes from 'Auto Plastics', the company which was infiltrated by the Nestenes and manufactured their plastic shells. The Nestenes can make more life-like duplicates of people but need the original bodies alive to maintain the likeness."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "So the question is," ventured Clara, "are all these versions of the Doctor and past companions Autons, or are they all real people and the Auton versions are out and about somewhere, or are they just simple waxworks made for some strange exhibition? And why isn't 'our' Doctor represented?"
    Forum Member
    "They're just wax", said the Doctor looking up from his sonic screwdriver. "I think this is a museum of... me!"

"I'm starting to think those weren't autons, either", added Romana, "I'm beginning to think they're just animatronic exhibits designed to give visitors to the museum a bit of a thrill"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Let's have a vote, plastic, wax or mechanical, there are no prizes,it's just for fun" said Clara as she pirouetted, stopping suddenly to find that one of the statues had moved.
    Forum Member
    "I vote, all three", said the Doctor, backing away from the K9 statue which had moved forward menacingly, gun stick extended.

"When I say Run...", but the Doctor was cut off by Clara, "Run!" shouts Clara as a Dalek enters the room. Clara dashes away down another corridor.

"Hey, no fair! I'm the one whose supposed to say..."

"Run!", shouts Romana following Clara.

The Doctor runs, muttering under his breath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The K9 statue and the Dalek was catching up, followed by a clown who happened to be walking by.

"That's the wrong way" shouts the Doctor as they doublebacked towards K9, the Dalek and the clown. Strangely they started running the other way too.

"Is there something behind you Clara?" Clara looks back "Run faster Doctor, we have a problem!" shouted Clara
    Forum Member
    A huge ball of flame was heading down the corridor towards them, heat emanating off it in waves. Quicky using his sonic screwdriver on a nearby door the Doctor ducked into a side room, followed closely by Romana and Clara.

The ball of flame swept past bearing down on the K9 statue, Dalek and clown,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "That was somewhat exciting, look Doctor, another door". Clara edged towards the door and put her hand on the door handle.The Doctor suddenly put his hand on her shoulder. "Stop right there Clara... don't move.... don't walk.... just wait, let me scan the door first".
    Forum Member
    Clara waits impatiently as the Doctor scans the door with his sonic screwdriver.

After a moment he pushes open the door to find a large kitchen. A recipe for soufflés is on the table.

Clara squeals with delight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "A recipe for Souffles, just what the Doctor ordered" remarked Romana as she opened a small cupboard.
    "There is nothing in there" She opened another cupboard. " It's a letter addressed to 'the Man who likes fish custard' ". "That must be me" grinned the Doctor as he grabbed the letter from Romana. Clara stood on a stool as she peered over the Doctor's shoulder to have a peek.