Misfits Series 5 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    Alex still didn't get around to bonking the tortoise!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched ep7, was another good ep. Also ep 8 looks really good, I'm sad it's nearly over :( Just when it feels like the old Misfits again, so far this series has been amazing.

Spoiler ep7 (Contains major spoilers)
    We finally get to see the tortoise, he's a guy (not anyone we know) but Alex takes drugs which reverse his power and he shags the powers he has shagged out into the girl. She goes all Satan but slips on a banana and hits her head on the lights, unfortinately she turns the guy inside out :eek: the romance betwen Abi/Mark is shortlived :( Kind of sad because Alex liked her. Looks like Jess is going to have a baby (jumper), sad to see Rudess split.
    PO takes drugs and starts dancing, also takes a shine to guy in the closet.
    Video game guy is killed

Spoiler for ep 8
    It looks like the super group from the jumper power goes to their head and they turn evil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted it's the last series, this series is just as good as the first two
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone listen to Howard Overmann's commentary ? (actually did anyone understand how we're supposed to access it ?)
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just made the mistake of watching episode 7 while eating.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    Another savage episode. Alex came alive as a character. Jess and Rudy continue to be lovely together. I just realised the woman who knits the jumpers is Gerri from 'Another Year', stunning film. Next week looks great, love the party episodes.

Oh, of course that's where she's from! She was wonderful in that :) Likewise, I've spent the past few weeks asking myself where I knew electrical girl from -- Meera Reed in Game of Thrones, d'oh!
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    I just made the mistake of watching episode 7 while eating.

lol that was a bit unexpected wasn't it.
    I didn't think this episode was as good as the others but it was still decent, the plot was really good but I think they left it a bit late into the episode for it all to kick off.

Loving the probation worker craziness :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    lol that was a bit unexpected wasn't it.
    I didn't think this episode was as good as the others but it was still decent, the plot was really good but I think they left it a bit late into the episode for it all to kick off.

Loving the probation worker craziness :cool:

I can see what you mean about leaving it too late, but I did enjoy ep 7.
    PW is great, the dancing was amazing :D
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probation worker absolutely makes this! I think he's probably my favourite of all the PWs.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    what im worried is about tonight they will just wrap up these characters surely since its the last episode we need some explantion the storm and closing of a series of a whole that should of been this seasons plot driving towards the finish...
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I know the final episode is probably out somewhere, but can we refrain from spoiling this thread for those who watch at E4 pace.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I hope that wasn't a spoiler at the end of tonights episode during the credits... it showed an image from next weeks episode that looked like an awful big spoiler. :(
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    I know the final episode is probably out somewhere, but can we refrain from spoiling this thread for those who watch at E4 pace.

don't have to worry about spoilers ..... most of the DAMN TRAILER AT THE END gave most of them away :mad:

it's the end next week .....
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    Just seen the last epiosde well skipped through alot ok for a season finale not awful end to the series
    there were no references to the past the storm no overall story arc or shock ending it litreally just tied up the charactters i dear god hope theres a movie and thats why they ended it this way
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the last epiosde well skipped through alot ok for a season finale not awful end to the series
    there were no references to the past the storm no overall story arc or shock ending it litreally just tied up the charactters i dear god hope theres a movie and thats why they ended it this way

Why skip through

Anyway, shit ending, i'm disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Why skip through

Anyway, shit ending, i'm disappointed.

I was disappointed with the episode too, it didn't seem to fit with the quality of the rest of this season... it felt very rushed in terms of script.
    I am glad with the ending if we get the movie.

I think they owed us a better episode than that to go out on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the final ep, overall a good series :)
    There was no shock ending just them saying they were going to be superhero, I thought when the storm started something would happen but nothing. I thought it might go way back to the beginning with the original misfits or just something to do with how the whole power thing started
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    I was disappointed with the episode too, it didn't seem to fit with the quality of the rest of this season... it felt very rushed in terms of script.
    I am glad with the ending if we get the movie.

I think they owed us a better episode than that to go out on.

Overall I thought it was good but enjoyed some of the other eps better. It was a nice happy ending and would be good to continue from that if they ever did a movie. Howard did say some of the old cast might be involved, I'd like a mixture of the old/new cast.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    On tonight's episode - really solid. Loved the probation worker wanting a party invite, he looked nice! Poor Mark!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Overall I thought it was good but enjoyed some of the other eps better. It was a nice happy ending and would be good to continue from that if they ever did a movie. Howard did say some of the old cast might be involved, I'd like a mixture of the old/new cast.

I agree it would be great to see some of the old cast especially Simon as he probably would fit in with the way the movie is destined to go. I'm not sure he'd be interested now though as he's doing well in other projects like game of thrones.

I think you hit the nail on the head when saying this episode was good but you enjoyed others more, I think that's why I'm a bit disapointed as I just expected it to be the best episode of the season as they had licence to do pretty much anything they wanted as anything could easily be corrected in the movie.... but for me the episode was just a bit weak compared to the rest of the season.

I did like the ending as it sets up a great concept for the movie.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a nice finale, but it had no relation to what we had been watching for the last 5 years. Nothing about the storm or the origin of where the show very first begun. Not even a mention of the past characters. It does set up a movie though, which i wonder may be announced after the airing of the episode.

It did wrap up pretty much all the character arcs though.
    Forum Member
    Disappointing finale? well that's something to look forward to.:(

Loved this week's episode. Alex has really been developing as a character, I think he is quickly becoming one of my favourites after not been able to stand him and his penis last year. Great use of his powers, I did wonder whether he still had access to them.

Jess and Rudy, I do like them together, but their story seems to be developing a bit too quickly I think.

Finn, gah there is nothing at all likeable about the little troll, nothing.

Losing Tim and Mark was both surprising and very sad, but the topless, dancing PW almost made up for it.:D

Really sad that next week is the last episode.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Ive just saw the final episode and i actually enjoyed it. Of course it wasn't perfect , it didn't link back to the original group or the whole storm thing but it was a fitting ending for the group. I think it ended well , i nearly choked up a bit. I'm going to miss misfits , against popular opinion i actually liked series 4 , i thought series 3 was the weakest. either way a few years back my two fave British shows being human and misfits going strong and now they are both gone. sad times :(
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending wasnt going to please everyone. Why we need things explaining is also a bore. The storm happened, people got powers. Was never going to revisit the old series but yeah some of the episode did feel rushed. Two-parter would have been good.
    Forum Member
    Watched the final episode, and despite the negative comments above, I thought it was a great episode, really loved it. I never expected Overman to explain the storm or tie up loose ends, or even bring back Nathan, he's not that kind of writer, and this is not that kind of show. The episode was a very good one, lots of tension, and other feels, and a worthy way to end the series.

That said, really sad it's all over.:cry::cry::cry: