The X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies (Series 1) Launch thread (DS forum game)

JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
Forum Member
Intro:

Hey and welcome to Live, Lights and Lies the brand new X Factor game that I'm hoping will coming to you soon, providing this thread sparks a few applications! The reason for this is I feel sometimes X Factor games can become very similar, this once infuses a couple of different ideas in order to come out with this format! Hopefully you guys will like it!

What is the format?

Well, Live, Lights and Lies will be like no other forum game in that it has a lot of twists and turns, during each show there will be a lie that will hopefully keep the judges and the audience on their toes and could change the face of the game throughout. Furthermore, at the end of every live show there will be a reveal of how the voting went and how each act placed, like there is on X Factor USA, this will shine a light on how their performing and which act is the one to beat! Each judge will have a sacrifice this allows them to substitute one of their own surviving acts with their eliminated act if they don't agree with the verdict; this can only be used once and only on their own acts. Finally, it's beginning from the live shows, hence the live part! :D

What about the acts?

Ideally I'd get 4 sign ups, thus there will be 4 categories (Boys, Girls, Overs, Groups) each will mentor either 3 or 4 acts depending on demand and the preference of the judges. These acts can come from any season and don't have to have competed in the live shows, anyone from The Estrelles to Steve Brookstein is welcome!

House keeping:

I will host, I am looking for 4 mentors who can devote the time to this game! At the moment I'm thinking that the show will take place every Thursday, if Thursday' aren't suitable I am willing to move it to another day!

How do I sign up!!!!!!!!

Well, it's pretty simple really! Just send me a PM filling out a short application form! I'm interested in what people can add to this show because I want it to succeed, therefore I won't be operating on a first-come-first-served basis. Just fill out a few questions and send me your responses.

Username & Real Name:
Why do you want to do this show:
What do you add to it:
Previous experience, if any:

Please send your responses to me! I'm hoping to start this show on Thursday, providing people sign up of course! All successful mentors will be notified on Wednesday, if demand is high I may extend this deadline!

So yeah! That's Live, Lights and Lies hopefully you guys like the format and send a cheeky sign-up! Thanks for reading and good luck!

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Well, Live, Lights and Lies will be like no other forum game in that it has a lot of twists and turns.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1801084&highlight= :rolleyes:

Apart from that, this looks like an amazing concept. As a supporter of creativity on these forums, I wish you the best of luck with this!
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1801084&highlight= :rolleyes:

Apart from that, this looks like an amazing concept. As a supporter of creativity on these forums, I wish you the best of luck with this!

Hahaha I know, I was trying to keep it original so I didn't want the emphasis to be on the twists and such!

Thanks dude! Hopefully I'll get a few interested people!

1 sign up so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 sign up so far.

I'd put a tenner on that being Pingu. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

:eek: How would you guess?
    Forum Member

That made me laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    :eek: How would you guess?

Because no-one else on this forum signs up for games as quickly as you do, that's a known fact. ;)
    Forum Member
    Because no-one else on this forum signs up for games as quickly as you do, that's a known fact. ;)

Hopefully the momentum will continue and I'll get another two sign ups at least haha!

I genuinely hope this format succeeds.
    Forum Member
    Pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest so far! Keep signing up guys, if the demand continues I'll close sign ups on Tuesday! Remember though, it's not on a first come basis though so no matter how late you sign up, as long as you signed up before closing you'll have a chance! :)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds so creative and well planned, I hope it goes well for you. :D
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    This sounds so creative and well planned, I hope it goes well for you. :D

Thanks dude! I'm kinda excited for it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks dude! I'm kinda excited for it!

You should be, it's an amazing concept. I'm actually a bit jealous that I didn't come up with it first. :p
    Forum Member
    You should be, it's an amazing concept. I'm actually a bit jealous that I didn't come up with it first. :p

Thanks man! I'm excited to see how the result reveal plays out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he wants to beat my record of multiple 2nd places? ;)
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game sounds amazing, but I am not able to "devote" my time which I am gutted about. Will certainly be watching a lot!
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL! :D
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd taken a bit of a break from DS games but im a bit tempted to sign up.
    Great concept
    Forum Member
    noonan15 wrote: »
    This game sounds amazing, but I am not able to "devote" my time which I am gutted about. Will certainly be watching a lot!
    I'd taken a bit of a break from DS games but im a bit tempted to sign up.
    Great concept

Thank you both for the positive feedback! I'm glad that this game has got the response I wanted!

Keep the applications coming guys! :)
    Forum Member
    Whoopi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldberg? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Whoopi

haha what? :D:D
    Forum Member
    I've had 7 applications, I'm considering closing sign-ups tonight as I'm happy with the panel I have in mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had 7 applications, I'm considering closing sign-ups tonight as I'm happy with the panel I have in mind.

As someone who also works with application processes for these games, I can strongly advise you to do that.

I had WAY too many applications for one of my shows once, and I ended up having to reject so many people that I felt that I couldn't do anything other than create another show to accommodate the majority of them. Having said that, both my shows are doing really well at the moment. :)
    Forum Member
    As someone who also works with application processes for these games, I can strongly advise you to do that.

I had WAY too many applications for one of my shows once, and I ended up having to reject so many people that I felt that I couldn't do anything other than create another show to accommodate the majority of them. Having said that, both my shows are doing really well at the moment. :)

Thanks for your advice!

I'm gonna do that, sign up is closeeeeddddd!

Providing all mentors are free it'd be awesome to introduce the mentors, their category and the theme for Thursday at around 9pm tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever gets on the panel, I wish them good luck.
    Forum Member
    Hey guys all mentors have now been notified!

The panel consists of two pro X Factor mentors, an underdog and a new boy on the block!

All 4 mentors are raring to go and prove they have what it takes to win Live, Lights and Lies. Tune in at 8.15pm when we will have a reveal special that will set us up for the big night on Thursday! But if you can't wait till then, here's what the mentors think they bring to the table!

"i add fun, but also a serious side to the panel. I am also more experienced"

" I suck at mentoring, but my personality and harsh (but honest!) comments should more than make up for that."

" I wanna add my nostalgia musical style to the competition as I feel that older music deserves more credit but I'm not afraid to mix it up with other music styles."

"Charisma, extensive musical knowledge, innovation with my acts and a very, very sharp tongue. I hold no prisoners- if an act is shit, I will tell them (and their mentor) so. "

Any guesses as to who this interesting bunch are? Well find out at 8.15pm when all shall be revealed!

Thanks guys