Options

Rocky 6!!!!!! (rocky Balboa)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
Forum Member
i cant wait for the new rocky film (rocky balboa) to be released!! i have the anthology of the last 5 i have watched them sssooo many times. but i didnt like the way the left the story in rocky 5.
i know its scrapping the barrle a bit and proberly trying to jumpstart the franchise to get people to buy the old ones again, but i just know its gonna be awsome!! i hope im not disapointed .
theres no adrian in this one though , so i dont know where rocky is gonna get his insperado from?
anyway just thought ide post this to see if anyone else has any views of the classic movie series releasing a final film even though rocky is about 50!!
cheers rik.
THERE IS A SHORT TRAILER THAT DOESNT GIVE ANYTHING AWAY AT www.imdb.com under rocky balboa.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rik is your name

Messy topics are your game!
  • Options
    wcewce Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    sepmix wrote: »
    rik is your name

Lol and it took you six years to notice that:):):p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That it did.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really pleased with Rocky Balboa, happy how Stallone finished off his iconic series after the dodgyness that was Rocky V. You could watch the first two Rockys and move straight on to this one if you wanted, Balboa has much more of the spirit of those classics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the better sequels,was kinnda sad how lonely rockys life had become,anyone know why talia didnt reprise her role?
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    ^She would have, Stallone (very wisely, it turns out) wrote her character out to add depth to the story and Rocky's character.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hhmm .. not quite sure a 6 year old thread with zero replies was bumped ?

But still, for what it's worth, I also liked Pt. 6 ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hhmm .. not quite sure a 6 year old thread with zero replies was bumped ?

But still, for what it's worth, I also liked Pt. 6 ..

Out of boredom.
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wrapped most things up nicely. Annoyingly it didn't address the most pressing question in the Rocky series: what happened to Paulies robot?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    It wrapped most things up nicely. Annoyingly it didn't address the most pressing question in the Rocky series: what happened to Paulies robot?

Probably flogged at the auction at the start of rockyV lol ill bet its still stashed away in someones basement somewhere.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sepmix wrote: »
    rik is your name

lmao why did you decide to bump this :confused:
  • Options
    TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Probably flogged at the auction at the start of rockyV lol ill bet its still stashed away in someones basement somewhere.

There was a missed opportunity to do a series of spin off movies where Paulie and his robot fought crime.
    Then at the end of it all it would transpire that Paulies robot would be responsible for Cyberdine and the terminator resulting in an Arnie Sly showdown.
    It would have been classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Really went out in style with Balboa. A wonderful film and one I watch at least half a dozen times a year.

Love the Rocky series (except 5....of course) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, did it out of boredom, amusing with the fact the topic was so old too.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    saw this film the other day for the first time, i enjoyed it more than i thought i would but didn't think it was as good as any of the previous Rocky films
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Why bump??
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best line of the whole series, and indeed in cinematic history, occurred in Rocky III.

Interviewer: Any predictions for the fight, Clubber?

Clubber (with mean look into the camera): Paaaaaaain!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best line of the whole series, and indeed in cinematic history, occurred in Rocky III.

Interviewer: Any predictions for the fight, Clubber?

Clubber (with mean look into the camera): Paaaaaaain!

True.

Although 'Hey woman!' comes a close second.