Jackie Chan - King of the sequels

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Was just browsing and came across a page about Armour of God III.
So was looking into it and got to Chan's filmography.

Quite a few sequels in recent years and coming up.
Armour of God III
Police Story 2013
Rush Hour 4
Expendables 3
Kung Fu Panda 3

and rumoured
Project A Part III
Drunken Master 1945

Credit to him for keeping going though.
He's just got two Guiness World Records.
One of them was for Most Stunts Performed By A Living Actor
http://twitchfilm.com/2012/12/jackie-chan-holds-guinness-world-records-for-most-credits-in-chinese-zodiac.html

Comments

• Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus Shanghai Knights, The Twins Effect II and Cannonball Run II.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, there is still huge demand across Asia for Jackie to revisit his old characters much to his chagrin due to him wanting to explore new, different acting roles many years ago but his fans don't want him doing any of that thus why there is such a clamour for him to wheel out his Police Story, Armour of God characters which to be fair are all the same anyways.

Not complaining though, want to see Jackie being Jackie (albeit slightly slower and not as flexible).
    Reviews however for Armour of God 3/Chinese Zodiac 2012 are pretty poor sadly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

that suggests there's a record for a Dead Actor. How does a dead actor do stunts? Is "liquifying" or "starting to smell a bit" strictly a stunt?

:D
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite Jackie Chan movies are Armour of God, Drunken Master, Police Story, Project A, The Young Master and Wheels on Meals.

I don't think he will ever make a movie as great as these.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Plus Shanghai Knights, The Twins Effect II and Cannonball Run II.
    I was just keeping it to recent years as he has done many sequels in the past also.
    My favourite Jackie Chan movies are Armour of God, Drunken Master, Police Story, Project A, The Young Master and Wheels on Meals.
    Police Story is my favourite of his.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want the Tuxedo II.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member

Add Dragons Forever to that list and they'd be my choice as well.I've always loved Jackie but since he went to the states his films just haven't been the same.The americans just can't make no holds barred action movies like the chinese filmmakers.I've never been a fan of his Hollywood films but I'll always be a massive fan of the guy because of his fantastic output from the 80's/90's.He's more than earned his status.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Was just browsing and came across a page about Armour of God III.
    So was looking into it and got to Chan's filmography.

Quite a few sequels in recent years and coming up.
    Armour of God III
    Police Story 2013
    Rush Hour 4
    Expendables 3
    Kung Fu Panda 3

and rumoured
    Project A Part III
    Drunken Master 1945

Credit to him for keeping going though.
    He's just got two Guiness World Records.

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/12/jackie-chan-holds-guinness-world-records-for-most-credits-in-chinese-zodiac.html

Is that a rumoured title? I heard he was going to do a new Drunken Master movie to be released in 2014, but the title was just 'New Drunken Master' or something like that - but the title you posted could work as it could be a way to show Wong Fei Hung as an older gentleman (though I believe the real WFH died in 1924 so....)
    Is Armour of God III an international title for The Chinese Zodiac or a different film? :confused:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Is that a rumoured title? I heard he was going to do a new Drunken Master movie to be released in 2014, but the title was just 'New Drunken Master' or something like that - but the title you posted could work as it could be a way to show Wong Fei Hung as an older gentleman (though I believe the real WFH died in 1924 so....)
    Dunno, just got it of wiki
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    international title for The Chinese Zodiac or a different film? :confused:
    Yes, it's just a more familiar title to me so I used that in my thread.