Help! Super slow speeds on AOL

leejaxxinleejaxxin Posts: 83
Forum Member
As of yesterday my broadband has been running incredibly slow, when i do a speedtest at speedtester.bt.com i get a 117kbps even though im connected at around 7900kbps, ive went through all my Router settings (netgear DG834G v3) and still no joy. On phone to tech support just now but level 2 cant make much sense of it either.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• granadatvmangranadatvman Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leejaxxin wrote: »
    As of yesterday my broadband has been running incredibly slow, when i do a speedtest at speedtester.bt.com i get a 117kbps even though im connected at around 7900kbps, ive went through all my Router settings (netgear DG834G v3) and still no joy. On phone to tech support just now but level 2 cant make much sense of it either.

Can anyone help?

theyre probably throttling your speed like theyre doing with everyone

jumping ship is my advice
  • leejaxxinleejaxxin Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Not really the help i was looking for.

No need to jump ship, been with AOL for years and never had a problem before.
    The tech said they will contact BT to check the line as they cannot see a problem from their end and the line is working fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leejaxxin wrote: »
    Not really the help i was looking for.

No need to jump ship, been with AOL for years and never had a problem before.
    The tech said they will contact BT to check the line as they cannot see a problem from their end and the line is working fine.

they wouldn't see traffic shaping your internet as abnormal and everything would be working fine

could be a phone line problem, wait and see if you get anything back.

is your phone line crackly at all and how far are you from the exchange?

www.samknows.com will help you answer the second part of my question
    Forum Member
    less than 1km, my router is connected at full speed just something seems to be restricting it, all lines are fine no static noise on phone, its strange to say the least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how is your computer connected to the router?

which operating system are you using?
    Forum Member
    using xp and connected by ethernet, still same speeds today.