That was awful from Only 16. Sounded like a funeral march.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And what the hell is that thing she's wearing?

Comments

• bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god shut up same old same old, if u have nothing new 2 say say nothing. Thank U good bye good night Okay,com
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gods, I feel awful saying this but it was more like a dirge :(
  • The Angel ShareThe Angel Share Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    she was amazing, totally transformed that song - such a talent.

but they always dress her badly - the stylists have no sense of what suits people, only what's available in the shops and apparently fashionable.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Nah, that was very good and the best she's been since Believe. No horrible growls, just clean straight vocals. Nice!
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blah blah blah
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible song choice. Of all the cheesy songs they could have picked they chose a song that's a meant to be performed as a duet!
  • twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought it was another great week for Ella.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god shut up same old same old, if u have nothing new 2 say say nothing. Thank U good bye good night Okay,com

If she's crap and boring every week I'll say so, every week. If you don't want to read other people's opinions don't visit forums.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, that was awful. It's is a fun, happy song not a deary dirge. If she had to sing a 'Grease' song it might've been better if she'd sung 'Hopelessly devoted to you'.
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    ruined that song but she couldnt be worst than james
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I agree, that was awful. It's is a fun, happy song not a deary dirge. If she had to sing a 'Grease' song it might've been better if she'd sung 'Hopelessly devoted to you'.

Think that would have been a much better option.

Crikey, I feel so mean this year, but I am struggling with this lot.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    all she does is slow down famous songs
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the slow version of the song - it sounds like a piss-take.

She sang it well however.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First ella is my favorite act. Possible changed it too much but id say that was her best vocal since bootcamp and beleave
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was better, imo. At least he changes his style now and again, but with Ella you know what you're going to get every week - she has become predictable with samey-safe ballad performances. Has she ever sung an up-tempo number?
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually thought it was her best song. but i'm still not really loving her voice. it was better tonight but there's still something in her vocal sound i don't like. there was a rather shouty section in it due to her struggling with the pitch but overall it was better. at least her usual growl sound didn't raise it's ugly head (though it was all over the disney song clip).
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    James was better, imo. At least he changes his style now and again, but with Ella you know what you're going to get every week - she has become predictable with samey-safe ballad performances. Has she ever sung an up-tempo number?

yep james was awesome again. just far far more interesting than ella.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is personal choice, I thought as ever she was boring, she can't even take an up tempo fun song and do something up tempo and fun! She can sing and was more in tune but a one trick pony.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Blah blah blah

Wow, mature. Is that how you react every time you're confronted with a view different to yours?

I sincerely hope you never criticise anyone on here, surely you're not entitled to if nobody else is. Despite the fact I've seen you do it on many occasions...

Hypocrite springs to mind. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Nah, that was very good and the best she's been since Believe. No horrible growls, just clean straight vocals. Nice!

You obviously were not listening to the performance in the VT. The growling is still there.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Yet another flop twist she did with a decent song...she needs to stop :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    And what the hell is that thing she's wearing?

lol at the name

i thought she sung it very well, just a dull performance and i hated the arrangement of the song
  • BlodeuweddBlodeuwedd Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    This was a very very very bad 'made it your own' version of the song - awful:mad:. I hate the growls but i didn't notice them in her performance tonight either - that may have been because I hated all of it.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vocally she was fantastic, i liked how she put her on twist on the song. However I don't see her winning which is dissapointing, I just feel that James A and Jahmene are way ahead of her in terms of votes.

But if she goes tomorrow or the next week she can hold her head up high as she has done a great job,

Ella will have good career in the industry even if/when she doesn't win!
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    I don't like the slow version of the song - it sounds like a piss-take.

She sang it well however.

It reminded me of when Peter Sellers sang the Beatles song "Hard days night" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLEMncv140s