silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    This series seems to be about making the police look like a bunch of incompetents with bad attitude! Probably closer to the truth than we'd like to think lol.

I think the three stories so far have had stupid, unpleasant, female DIs. I'm surprised at them doing this really. Why aren't feminists complaining loudly?

After all they have the wheelchair-bound err - midget (is there a more PC name these days, 'vertically challenged' perhaps?) to get more diversity. :) Though she is shown as having a bit of an attitude at times. :D

I'm sure there isn't very much which is realistic in this show but I still keep watching.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this week's two parter. It was gripping and had me on the edge of my seat. My favourite story of the series so far. and I love David Caves as Jack :)
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarissa had more lines than Leo in this two-parter!

Indeed. Leo has barely featured in the series so far. Very odd.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've missed the start...What's the story with attic boy?
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've missed the start...What's the story with attic boy?

A scene at the start showed attic boy with his arm stuck in the roof. He was calling out for help. A bottle of water was thrown through the hatch and then the hatch was closed by an unseen person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I was following this quite easily until that dodgy looking bloke appeared to meet Lord Embleton. Not sure who he is. I wonder if Embleton will turn out to be a baddie as well, I'm sure something will go wrong between him and Nicky.

Leo had more lines than Clarissa this week
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    I was following this quite easily until that dodgy looking bloke appeared to meet Lord Embleton. Not sure who he is. I wonder if Embleton will turn out to be a baddie as well, I'm sure something will go wrong between him and Nicky.

Leo had more lines than Clarissa this week
    Which Embleton? The son doesn't know anything, the father does. The father doesn't want any development to go ahead on the tainted site.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series reminds me a bit of Waking the Dead, I think it could be the core team each has a defined role now.

i'd just come on this thread to say the exact same thing! And I'm enjoying this series but miss Harry big time,funnily enough i'm also watching on Alibi series 6 when Nicki first came into it and as a poster before me on here said-Nicki joined the team almost the same way as Jack has with no formal interview just a quick "would you like to join the team" so seeing that made me see that Jack's position is nothing strange!
    Ive watched it properly ever since Sam(Amanda Burton) left and Leo became Professor working with Harry( as i didn't like Amanda Burton as head lead so would dip in and out of it then) and now i do think slowly over the years its got darker and darker and more than just finding out how someone died and since Waking The Dead which was my fav program had finished for good i'm very pleased with the way Silent Witness has gone-here's to many more-but a future pop in from Harry for us girl fans hey:o:D
  • lfc90lfc90 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yey a silent witness thread

I really enjoy this program's, bit strange having it on a thirs/fri night, get to Sunday evening thinking silent witness shud be on lol

Gutted Harry went but am liking jack the new boy.

Nikki/emillia is hot!!!!

But only neg is that would they really do half the stuff they do lol. But then I guess that's what make she programme,
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki isn't allowed to be over Harry that quick ...
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All those coppers at the front door.
    Surprise surprise,nobody thought to go round the back and then the young lad escapes.......out the back.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snork wrote: »
    A scene at the start showed attic boy with his arm stuck in the roof. He was calling out for help. A bottle of water was thrown through the hatch and then the hatch was closed by an unseen person.

Thanks for that...you never know what vital bit of info you may have missed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I think today's episode is great... no Harry tho :((

Always love Emelia Fox.... major girlie crush
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Very good pair of episodes this week I thought. Much better than some of the tosh from the end of the last series and the beginning of this one.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the ending. Very novel way for the bad guy (Loader) to get his comeuppance.:D

Shame about Nikki's Lord, but if you're going to be the lover of a regular character in a TV crime drama then you're either going to be the killer or be killed.:rolleyes:
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Despite the fact that Leo was trailing the lad that climbed out of the window and then 'interviewed' the dad and I had to shout at the telly 'put your mask on' more than once, I still enjoyed this story. And though I didn't really want Embleton's son to die I was glad Mark Womac (forgotten character's name already) did what many of us would want to do in his situation.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite the fact that Leo was trailing the lad that climbed out of the window and then 'interviewed' the dad and I had to shout at the telly 'put your mask on' more than once, I still enjoyed this story. And though I didn't really want Embleton's son to die I was glad Mark Womac (forgotten character's name already) did what many of us would want to do in his situation.

I like when these stories put in a vigilante who can take revenge in a way that the regular characters couldn't unless they were leaving the series.

Character's name was Tom. I forgot too, but I have the Radio Times to look up.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good story, I thought, and a satisfactory comeuppance for Loader and Sir William (though a teeny bit harsh for Lord Embleton).
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a guy hold up a Hospital, kills his son, and then is let out on bail?
    The mine shaft hadnt been concreted over?
    He knew Exactly where the contaminated fumes would come out?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lads had played with the nuclear waste years ago and had only just died, but Lord Embleteon and his nasty side kick were covered in dust and were rushed into hospital where they died? did they? why not just have a shower and why wasn't the father rushed into hospital?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    valkay wrote: »
    The lads had played with the nuclear waste years ago and had only just died, but Lord Embleteon and his nasty side kick were covered in dust and were rushed into hospital where they died? did they? why not just have a shower and why wasn't the father rushed into hospital?

And how did he know that only Embleton and Loader would be in that office at the exact time. His secretary or any innocent employee could have been in the office
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, does Leo have a personal decontamination unit in his pocket. After being in the tunnel with all the radioactive dust, did he and the father really just take off their suits and put them in the boot of their car with no effect.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how did he know that only Embleton and Loader would be in that office at the exact time. His secretary or any innocent employee could have been in the office

Clearly he didn't...but i think it was safe to assume that he (Lord) was likely to be in the office at some point. No where else he could place his trap.

Not really sure why that is a criticism? It also looked like the air conditioning was probably one some sort of movement sensor to know when to come on.

It was then just luck that it got the person he was aiming for, but reasonably calculated luck i think.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the best story of the new series, but still totally barmy.
    Is it just me, I cant remember all the previous series being quite as far-fetched as the current one ?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »

He was as said bailed as we was not deemed a danger to the public at that time.

His target was the son to punish the father Loader did not come into it from his side , a calculated guess and in his state of mind probably not something he considered.