Neighbours - Australian pace

mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't seen any threads on Neighbours Australian pace and thought I would start one.

How convenient that a week and a half after announcing she was pregnant with Lucas' baby, Vanessa has moved in his house (invited by the annoying Kate). And she has no friends or family at all!

Vanessa - good? bad? or inbetween? Not too sure yet...

Comments

• randomliserandomlise Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I think she's genuine and I think Lucas will eventually get together with her: Neighbours like to do happy endings for characters don't they...

In other news, Jade's new dog is too cute!! And did Tash's dad eventually sell the house, or not yet? I can't remember what happened there...
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Kapoors will probarly move into Number 32 around late May in Australia...that is what I am guessing
  • becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    randomlise wrote: »
    I think she's genuine and I think Lucas will eventually get together with her: Neighbours like to do happy endings for characters don't they...

In other news, Jade's new dog is too cute!! And did Tash's dad eventually sell the house, or not yet? I can't remember what happened there...

This storyline annoys me...there is no way Michael would decide to sell his house so quickly leaving his beloved daughter homeless...that goes completely against their relationship upto now...no matter how it was when he left
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Michael left for good then?
  • gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Michael left for good then?

Yes he has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilly1981 wrote: »
    Yes he has.

So they get rid of him just so they can move in their token ethnics? :rolleyes:

I liked Michael and Emilia.
  • becksy1892becksy1892 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    So they get rid of him just so they can move in their token ethnics? :rolleyes:

I liked Michael and Emilia.

The actor quit i think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 legit, I think your post could be deemed as racist...

The Kapoors are not token ethnics, they represent a part of society that has not been represented in Ramsay Street before.

It is 2012 after all...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly racist. :rolleyes:

They've been brought in because some people were moaning last year that the Aussie soaps were too white.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Well, it was too white, same as it was too hetero.

Chris started as a token gay, and has rapidly become a favourite (of mine, anyway).
    Hoping the Kapoors will go the same way.
    Although I'm a bit of a ****-hag, so I don't think they'll do it for me quite as much as Christos does.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Erinsborough News Spy storyline lasted only one episode! I thought it might have gone on a little longer.

Surely Paul has the final say on things as he is the owner??...Especially on the advertising side.
  • randomliserandomlise Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen todays EP yet, what was up with the spy storyline? I think they are making Paul into a token panto villain, always doing bad things for no real reason. Like why exactly did he try to frame Ajay with the party thing? Ajay didn't even do anything to Paul !

As for the token ethnics thing: there is no reason why a non-white family can't live on the street withoutbeing the ''token ethnic family"
    :D
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    randomlise wrote: »
    I haven't seen todays EP yet, what was up with the spy storyline? I think they are making Paul into a token panto villain, always doing bad things for no real reason. Like why exactly did he try to frame Ajay with the party thing? Ajay didn't even do anything to Paul !

As for the token ethnics thing: there is no reason why a non-white family can't live on the street withoutbeing the ''token ethnic family"
    :D

Paul got one of the reporters to spy on what Susan was doing. She reported back on how things were going, he's not happy and he wanted her to get into Susan's e-mail. She got chatting to Summer and when Summer was logging onto Susan's e-mail (Susan had given her it to go through the Editor's letters) the spy saw Summer type it in while Summer was busy looking at Andrew. Susan went to Charlie's and talked to Tash who said about some woman with Paul, Susan the super sleuth figured there was a spy and got the identity from Tash as the spy was wearing an orange scarf. Confrontation time and Susan fired the spy and Summer got an official warning. After all of that don't remember the spy's name!
  • jules4stujules4stu Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    isnt the phrase token ethnic a bit 80's?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul got one of the reporters to spy on what Susan was doing. She reported back on how things were going, he's not happy and he wanted her to get into Susan's e-mail. She got chatting to Summer and when Summer was logging onto Susan's e-mail (Susan had given her it to go through the Editor's letters) the spy saw Summer type it in while Summer was busy looking at Andrew. Susan went to Charlie's and talked to Tash who said about some woman with Paul, Susan the super sleuth figured there was a spy and got the identity from Tash as the spy was wearing an orange scarf. Confrontation time and Susan fired the spy and Summer got an official warning. After all of that don't remember the spy's name!

Her name was Fiona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Chris is a great character and so glad that he is a regular now...
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I think Chris is a great character and so glad that he is a regular now...

I love Chris, his scene with Tash in the house on Wednesday was so lovely!

I was hoping that Tash and Chris were going to live in Number 32 together permanently but with Michael selling it so quickly that is now not going to happen.:(

Does anyone know where Tash ends up living?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think with Karl and Summer as the Kapoors buy Number 32....
  • emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    i think with Karl and Summer as the Kapoors buy Number 32....

Thanks vaslav, had a feeling that's where Tash would end up.

I hope Chris moves into Ramsay Street soon.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    Thanks vaslav, had a feeling that's where Tash would end up.

I hope Chris moves into Ramsay Street soon.

Maybe Freckles could move in with Paul and Andrew.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    I think Karl with Summer and Tash could be a good dynamic.

I like Susans new appartment, I hope we see it more often.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I think Karl with Summer and Tash could be a good dynamic.

I like Susans new appartment, I hope we see it more often.

Susan's new apartment is the old, Karl/Izzy, Drew/Libby, Paul one.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    gilly1981 wrote: »
    Susan's new apartment is the old, Karl/Izzy, Drew/Libby, Paul one.

I didnt watch neighbours for ten years so I don't think i saw it when paul had it. It may be the same set but it's been modernised since Drew/Libby had it.
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think Susan's apartment was the one they used for Karl/Izzy, Drew/Libby and Paul. It's far too different. It's nice looking though, so I hope we get to see it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    I really don't think Susan's apartment was the one they used for Karl/Izzy, Drew/Libby and Paul. It's far too different. It's nice looking though, so I hope we get to see it again.

it is the same flat that was used for Paul, Karl/Izzy, Libby/Drew, Carmella, Angus and Ned.

you could clearly tell by the outside shot in yesterday's episode that it was the same flat.

http://perfectblend.net/neighbourhood/places-karlapt.htm