Surely there will be a new set?

mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
The current set has been used for four series now, surely it's time for a new one

Comments

• LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will probably end up being the same as X Factor USA, which is the same as ours but with a slightly different stage shape.
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are 'due' one.

Taking out the first series, the set used in the second lasted 4 years with some adjustments, and then we got the one we have now, and we have had it for 4 years, again some adjustments made, maybe we will get a brand new design. *fingers crossed*
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    noonan15 wrote: »
    Taking out the first series, the set used in the second lasted 4 years with some adjustments, and then we got the one we have now, and we have had it for 4 years, again some adjustments made, maybe we will get a brand new design. *fingers crossed*

I believe the adjustments for the set we've had since 2009 were only made last year. There were extra screens right at the edge of the stage.

How much more can they change it though?
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    noonan15 wrote: »
    We are 'due' one.

I'm sure there was the original set, then a new set for series two and changed again for series three
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I believe the adjustments for the set we've had since 2009 were only made last year. There were extra screens right at the edge of the stage.

How much more can they change it though?

A brand new set
    Forum Member
    mintbro wrote: »
    A brand new set

I mean with the design. Could they really make it much bigger?

Of course, changing it up a bit considering the ratings last year may well make the show feel a bit more fresh.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so, it was looking tired last year. If the stage got any bigger, then they might aswell not have an audience at all. It looks so small as it is.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a new set-- that would be nice
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest i wasn't paying much attention to the set but i will this year... and yeah, a new set would be very nice...
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stage they had series 3-5 looked so much bigger than the one we have now, I always preferred that stage
    Forum Member
    The stage they had series 3-5 looked so much bigger than the one we have now, I always preferred that stage

The audience seating looked bigger, and they were much louder as well. I'm pretty sure it was the same studio. I look forward to see if they make any changes.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be silver themed
    Forum Member
    It will be silver themed

the set has never used the colour theme of the logo
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The audience seating looked bigger, and they were much louder as well. I'm pretty sure it was the same studio. I look forward to see if they make any changes.

With the size of this years 'The Voice' set and audience, they really need to go all out on this one to make it look as impressive.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'd prefer a smaller set thereby allowing a larger audience. There seems to be more atmosphere in shows like when they have larger audiences (Got To Dance being a prime example).

Add me to the ones who preferred the series 3 - 5 set-up; I think (although I could be wrong) that they used the studio at a right angle to the way they use it now, meaning the set was longer and thinner than it is now. I don't know id the audience was larger, but there certainly seemed to be more there; maybe just creative camera work?

Even if they just thinned the set a bit they have now they could probably fit extra audience on either side - Over The Rainbow used the same studio for their live shows and they had audience members on a balcony the whole way up both sides of the stage.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was the same studio, but they used it longways, albeit giving a narrower set, but with the camera angles they used, looked big, and the audience did seem much larger, as it was a lot wider. The series 3-5 was the best set it ever had.

Like it was said years ago, they have outgrown The Fountain Studios.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    It was the same studio, but they used it longways, albeit giving a narrower set, but with the camera angles they used, looked big, and the audience did seem much larger, as it was a lot wider. The series 3-5 was the best set it ever had.

Like it was said years ago, they have outgrown The Fountain Studios.

I hated that stage, it looked small to me compared to now.
    Forum Member
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer a smaller set thereby allowing a larger audience. There seems to be more atmosphere in shows like when they have larger audiences (Got To Dance being a prime example).

Add me to the ones who preferred the series 3 - 5 set-up; I think (although I could be wrong) that they used the studio at a right angle to the way they use it now, meaning the set was longer and thinner than it is now. I don't know id the audience was larger, but there certainly seemed to be more there; maybe just creative camera work?

Even if they just thinned the set a bit they have now they could probably fit extra audience on either side - Over The Rainbow used the same studio for their live shows and they had audience members on a balcony the whole way up both sides of the stage.

Maybe they could move to a larger studio, so they could use the same set they use now, but the audience would be larger, allowing for a better atmosphere (like with the earlier series of BGT, series 3-5 of XF, and GTD like you mentioned)?

I can't see them scaling down the set by much, but then again I can't see them expanding it either because I couldn't think of a new design although I think its needed considering the ratings slip last year.
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »

The problem with that set is that it was a bit confusing - there's a screen here and there. But, that set had the camera angle which moved along the back of the studio which brought a different atmosphere to the performance, which they haven't done for the last four series with the new set (which I'd like to see this year).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I hated that stage, it looked small to me compared to now.

I think the best example of that set in action is probably the video for Hallelujah - it could be used for big dance-y routines like Toxic (same routine as Britney did on tour) as well as simple stripped back staging like Listen (the solo version, not the duet).

I also liked the way the judges were seated almost amongst the audience, as opposed to being above the surrounding audience the way they are now, although I imagine it's easier filming them at their current height.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could move to a larger studio, so they could use the same set they use now, but the audience would be larger, allowing for a better atmosphere (like with the earlier series of BGT, series 3-5 of XF, and GTD like you mentioned)?

I can't see them scaling down the set by much, but then again I can't see them expanding it either because I couldn't think of a new design although I think its needed considering the ratings slip last year.

That would be an idea if they could find a studio that they could take over for 3 months; I've always thought the Got To Dance studio (and indeed the whole stage set up) would be perfect for BGT and with a few tweaks would be great for X Factor - count me as one who preferred the series 1-3 set of BGT. I'm not sure where Got To Dance is filmed, but I think the studio that hosted The Voice is going to be hosting Strictly this year; maybe it's the same one?

Syco live shows are all a bit samey I think - Big Screen that opens? Check. Black floor with those light-up strips? Second area (judge or contestant) back a bit from the main stage towards the audience, but elevated above them? Light-bars alongs the wall on either side of the audience? Check.
    Did I just describe X Factor, BGT, My Dog Can Dance, or Red and Black? (Or, in fact, Eurovision 2010 in Germany, designed by the X Factor's set designer AFAIK!)
    Forum Member
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    That would be an idea if they could find a studio that they could take over for 3 months; I've always thought the Got To Dance studio (and indeed the whole stage set up) would be perfect for BGT and with a few tweaks would be great for X Factor - count me as one who preferred the series 1-3 set of BGT. I'm not sure where Got To Dance is filmed, but I think the studio that hosted The Voice is going to be hosting Strictly this year; maybe it's the same one?

Syco live shows are all a bit samey I think - Big Screen that opens? Check. Black floor with those light-up strips? Second area (judge or contestant) back a bit from the main stage towards the audience, but elevated above them? Light-bars alongs the wall on either side of the audience? Check.
    Did I just describe X Factor, BGT, My Dog Can Dance, or Red and Black? (Or, in fact, Eurovision 2010 in Germany, designed by the X Factor's set designer AFAIK!)

I think you described X Factor.

The live shows for Got to Dance are currently filmed at Shepperton Studios. I think Shepperton has a larger audience capacity than Fountain?

I did prefer the series 1-3 set for BGT, but I prefer the series 6-8 set of XF (last year, they changed it a bit by having an extra screen right at the side, so you'd have five screens on the stage).
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I love the set we currently have, really didn't like 3 - 5's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you described X Factor.

The live shows for Got to Dance are currently filmed at Shepperton Studios. I think Shepperton has a larger audience capacity than Fountain?

I did prefer the series 1-3 set for BGT, but I prefer the series 6-8 set of XF (last year, they changed it a bit by having an extra screen right at the side, so you'd have five screens on the stage).

In thought I just described all 4!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new design would be nice, hate the one used for the last 4 years