Saddest X factor moment?

AnthonySAnthonyS Posts: 327
Forum Member
I don't usually get emotional with reality shows but this for me was the saddest X factor moment in all series.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtIt_nPTLM

Amy mottram not getting through at judges houses, just the way she took it so gracefully and with so much dignity saying how great all of the other contestants were, a lot of contestants on all reality shows could learn something from her, for a 16 yr old to be given that news then act how she acted it got me a bit emotional and says a lot about her!

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most devastating moments in the show for me, especially the ending.

To think that she would go on and win it later on makes it even more emotional, her dreams were crushed then, so terrible. :cry:

As Simon said, thank God she came back, and I think her return audition is really sad and emotional, especially when Cheryl breaks down with her, one of the best X Factor stories imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoBcxnwCXA

This was very sad at the time!
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about saddest but definitely one of the most emotional moments on the show has to have been when Jahmene sang I Look To You by Whitney Houston last year in tribute to his late brother. Beautiful song and performance, there wasn't a dry eye in the house at the time I remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMhvAKjZw0

In terms of sad eliminations, when contestants like Austin Drage, Miss Frank, Rachel A, Jade Ellis get voted off before they hit their potential is always pretty gutting.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan's elimination song "Wires" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQBu17EBoA
    Cher performing "Stay" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqIdFU0TRg

Those are the only times when I've felt properly emosh. :cry:
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of genuine sadness probably last year when that homeless guy just hit the self destruct button at bootcamp and ended up forgetting the words and just leaving, knowing he'd blown his chance of turning things around for himself. Very sad.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher's performance Stay gave me goosebumps. Her best performance through out the competition IMO.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    In terms of genuine sadness probably last year when that homeless guy just hit the self destruct button at bootcamp and ended up forgetting the words and just leaving, knowing he'd blown his chance of turning things around for himself. Very sad.

I seem to remember him saying later on that he left because he didn't like the fact people were judging him on the fact he was homeless rather than his singing - at least that's what I thought it was.

Matt's performance of First Time was also emotional.

And Danyl's performance in week 4 of the lives, when he looked like a broken man on stage throughout.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

To think that she would go on and win it later on makes it even more emotional, her dreams were crushed then, so terrible. :cry:

As Simon said, thank God she came back, and I think her return audition is really sad and emotional, especially when Cheryl breaks down with her, one of the best X Factor stories imo.

is that other woman, that fashion woman on this morning?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh9yv_OHuOI

It made me very emotional.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of a few

When Jahmene sang I Look To You
    Diana Vickers robbed of her place in the final by Eoghan Quigg
    Melanie Mccabe's elimination at bootcamp last year she was devastated. :(
    Ella's emotional audition
    Ella's shock exit
    Lucie Jones elimination
    Ruth Lorenzo's elimination
    Carolynne Poole's There You'll Be and elimination and Rylan's reaction too he was absolutely gutted for her. :(
    Daniel Evans dedicates his audition to his wife
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I thought Diana's exit was really sad and Ruth's was too.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana's exit was so sad I thought. It was because she gave two amazing performances - White Flag and Girlfriend. Then she got voted off, over that stupid boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo being eliminated.

It's actually sort of hilarious looking back at the live show recap that night. You have Ruth giving two fantastic performances, full of power and emotion and yet she's eliminated over Diana Vickers who yelped her way through two awful performances and Eoghan Quigg who done a High School Musical song. :rolleyes:
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Whenever it is re-commissioned
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Ruth's exit and elimination was full of genuine sorrow - very emotional :cry:
    Danyl looking like a broken man on stage, singing I Don't Want to Miss a Thing :(
    Misha B's elimination :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

looking at that Louis was right she was not ready at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura White leaving the only true talent of the series for me.
    Also Ben was robbed in series three would have been one of the best finals ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Nikitta's Audition, was heartbreaking at the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ium-IdPWxiY
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As many have said, Ruth's elimination was so sad. :cry:
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every week "Dead wife" was on. His story was so, so sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niki Evans performing My Heart Will Go On infront of Celine Dion. Amazing and emotional.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Ruth's reprise of Always- I loved the individual shots of each of the judges who all looked really upset at her leaving.

Also, Rachel Adedeji being eliminated against Lloyd, even though she gave one of the greatest sing off performances ever.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Ruth's reprise of Always- I loved the individual shots of each of the judges who all looked really upset at her leaving.

Also, Rachel Adedeji being eliminated against Lloyd, even though she gave one of the greatest sing off performances ever.

I agree - beautiful :cry::cry::cry:
    When she was singing "And I will love you", you could sense just by her eyes she meant the audience :(
    Rachel A was also very good in her sing-off - didnt she do Stop Crying Your Heart Out? That was poignant :(

Unrelated to your post: nothing touching about Chris Maloney though - he performed every song the same way, bellowing the lyrics like a foghorn, he may have been in tune (mostly) but didnt have a clue how to emote or tell a story. :rolleyes: