Lady Gaga seems to release a new song daily?!

L_BeeL_Bee Posts: 76
Forum Member
I quite like her but it's getting quite ridiculous now...all the ones she played at iTunes, these promo ones, now a new one at GAY last night, I don't think any other artist has done this before?! Is there going to be any new material on the album?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing ridiculous at all

It's called Promotion.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of GaGa but I believe that this approach is known as 'throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks'
    This era is a mess.
  • L_BeeL_Bee Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I'm a big fan of GaGa but I believe that this approach is known as 'throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks'
    This era is a mess.

I agree it's very messy. She doesn't seem to be giving any single a real push, it's just release after release and at live events instead of promoting the releases, she sings something new.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's released two songs? :confused: since 'Applause' anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Whilst I appreciation promotion this is getting really confusing. I hope there are tracks on the album we haven't heard yet. She seems to be releasing them all.

It's her people who are making it appear messy.

I'd prefer a cleaner campaign.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lady is so boring
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is getting beyond a joke already.:yawn: the endless cover art reveals, the constant "leaking" of teaser clips, the promo singles in quick succession of each other and the inevitable new thread cataloguing each new development is all quickly becoming rather tiring.:sleep:

there just seems no logic behind many of the decisions and it seems like the label are crisis managing this album campaign. although, justin bieber is apparently releasing a new track every monday for 10 weeks, so it could be worse.:o
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    it is getting beyond a joke already.:yawn: the endless cover art reveals, the constant "leaking" of teaser clips, the promo singles in quick succession of each other and the inevitable new thread cataloguing each new development is all quickly becoming rather tiring.:sleep:

there just seems no logic behind many of the decisions and it seems like the label are crisis managing this album campaign. although, justin bieber is apparently releasing a new track every monday for 10 weeks, so it could be worse.:o

But his is organised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's actually smart.

They're acknowledging that people would need more convincing this time - that they wouldn't just buy the album on name alone - so they're previewing as much of the album as possible. They've had snippets, performances and singles staggered out all the while offering ARTPOP on pre-order, gradually persuading folk when they hear songs they like.

Compare how people are feeling about ARTPOP now compared to how they were months ago. It's far more positive. It worked.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the iTunes festival and the promotional songs, We've heard around 10 songs of the 15 on the album! It is a little too much if I'm honest!
  • wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    It might be overkill, but it's getting everybody talking about her again. This thread is proof of that.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Venus song- just watched it on X Factor- horrific
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor performance was rather poor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did she perform on the XF?
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    What did she perform on the XF?

A medley/mash up of Venus & Do What U Want.

She'd have been far better just singing one in full rather than perform half of each song.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the surprise from people and the "she's changing her promotional tactics this campaign" when she did the same thing with BTW?!

She doesn't seem to realise that throwing so much at her fans all at once actually stops the singles themselves being allowed to make their mark or "define the moment". It's all just a big bunch of ball juggling and the balls have started dropping one by one. Same reason BTW lost momentum shortly after it's release - she had already released quite a few singles by the time it dropped.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    It seems like a case of clutching at straws...a string of poor, overhyped songs do not make artpop an appealing album to purchase. As for the x factor " performance" in a word..shambolic mess. Its a shame because she can sing!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the performance was below par theatrically for her, people including her fans expect more visually. the music is below par too, when you compare this new material to her older tracks. however, i can certainly see why "venus" was downgraded and why "do want u want" was upgraded hearing the two tracks back to back and i think the latter track may achieve broader appeal.

in fairness to her though, her vocals were good and she displayed great stage presence particularly during the second track, but overall it was another disappointing performance.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This era is a mess.

Totally agree. I think she's been reeking of desperation since the Artpop era started. I think this "throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks" is a really annoying way of doing things and I hope other artists don't take a page out of Gaga's book when it comes to how they do promotion.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all seems like a huge panic to me. The lead single didn't do half as good as everyone was expecting. She lost faith in Venus and released another song as the second single. Neither songs are doing that well on iTunes (for Gaga's standard), and when you compare it to other artists right now, for example Lorde and Katy Perry, both had a clear strategy, both released singles that did amazing, and then the album released without a big panic. This whole era is a mess.