The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,964
Forum Member
I don't know if many people know but this'll be the spin-off of Tracy Beaker Returns, but without Dani Harmer.

According to Connor Byrne's (Mike) twitter, they started filming today, and I guess they will air it in January.

I think we should keep this thread active and keep others updated as to what to expect based on the cast members' tweets. Anyone excited for it?

Comments

• VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way! I really think this is what they should have done during the original series when it was at its peak.

As the character of Tracy Beaker became less involved with the show, I really think they could of renamed it to this and offer a wider appeal to the audience, sort of a successor to Byker Grove. Too late now IMO.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already knew!:) http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1182443&page=7 I was giving out information in the TBR thread but guess it now makes sense to make a new one sicne TBR is over, it was great show and I'm glad it's not all over yet...

I was about to make a new thread but I'm glad you made it!:) I think All the characters will be returning except for Sapphire, Frank and Liam. I'm following the cast on twitter, I think they started filming in June, there will be one new character and we ca expect more good stories to see in January soI can't wait:) I'm gonna miss Tracy and Sapphire though:( I will keep updating this when I find out information...so don't worry I'm saving this page right now!;)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,964
    Forum Member
    Well, according to a lot of their Twitter's, they said over the weekend that they were packing to go to Newcastle to start filming.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be a shame if Sapphire and Frank don't return. They at least deserve an exit episode.
  • Ribbed.CenturyRibbed.Century Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I think that it's going to be really good. But I want to actually write some episodes on it. I will do for every week that it's on.
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It'll be a shame if Sapphire and Frank don't return. They at least deserve an exit episode.

They could return for an episode.

Anyone found any 'spoilers' through Twitter from what the cast members have tweeted?
    Forum Member
    Bump...

Well, they are halfway through filming the series and there are some new characters aswell.
    Forum Member
    They've finished filming, anyone excited for this series?
    Forum Member
    They just showed a sneak preview on Friday Download of the new series, have to say that it could be better than TBR!
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They've finished filming, anyone excited for this series?

Yep I am
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    ooo i when is it on i love the tracy beaker series................ missed series 3 of tracy beaker returnes going to catch up on youtube later this week..........
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    kinda glad dani hammer isn't in it......... i found her quite annoying being nosey nd all. and i hope that girl who is obsessed with her sisters isn't in in ~FML
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    ooo i when is it on i love the tracy beaker series................ missed series 3 of tracy beaker returnes going to catch up on youtube later this week..........

January CBBC Channel
    Forum Member
    Confirmed start date of January 4th. :)
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    kinda glad dani hammer isn't in it......... i found her quite annoying being nosey nd all. and i hope that girl who is obsessed with her sisters isn't in in ~FML

Well, she would have to be 'nosey' being the care worker. :rolleyes:

And all the other kids bar Sapphire and Liam are returning, plus a few new kids, as well as the adults.

Here is the promotional poster for the series.
    Forum Member
    Synopsis for the first episode:

The Dumping Ground descends into anarchy when Mike goes on holiday and Gina ends up in hospital after an accident with a grenade. The Young People struggle to cope and start to turn on each other after taking the decision to try and fend for themselves.

I believe it'll be a double episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Pearson who plays Rick appeared on the first episode of Friday Download as a presenter two weeks ago (Series 4). The current series which is airing on Fridays (as Tyger was away). He revealed a short sneek peek of "The Dumping Ground"

For anyone who missed it, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLx5ZloGhDU (3:35)

Turns out Frank is in this spin off afterall but sadly I don't think Sapphire will be appearing.:(

Synopsis for the first episode:

The Dumping Ground descends into anarchy when Mike goes on holiday and Gina ends up in hospital after an accident with a grenade. The Young People struggle to cope and start to turn on each other after taking the decision to try and fend for themselves.

I believe it'll be a double episode.

Ah! Just like they did with all three series of TBR! Sounds interesing! Should be a good episode!:)
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Daniel Pearson who plays Rick appeared on the first episode of Friday Download as a presenter two weeks ago (Series 4). The current series which is airing on Fridays (as Tyger was away). He revealed a short sneek peek of "The Dumping Ground"

For anyone who missed it, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLx5ZloGhDU (3:35)

Turns out Frank is in this spin off afterall but sadly I don't think Sapphire will be appearing.:(

Saphire has been appearing in Eastenders recently
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    Saphire has been appearing in Eastenders recently

Ah yes and Holby City too.:)
    Forum Member
    Well, the character of Sapphire was 16 and she left the Dumping Ground to go to college or whatever, so maybe that's why she isn't returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the character of Sapphire was 16 and she left the Dumping Ground to go to college or whatever, so maybe that's why she isn't returning.

True but it wouldn't hurt for her to make one small appearance (to visit Harry). I'm still looking forward to this spin off though, this might be the only new CBBC show that I can actually watch. Aside from that, I still watch reruns of Tracy Beaker and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've just shown another preview! Gus' voice has broken!
    Forum Member
    They've just shown another preview! Gus' voice has broken!

On TV? Is it on the CBBC website by any chance?

And the actor who plays Gus is 13 so it was expected :D
    Forum Member
    True but it wouldn't hurt for her to make one small appearance (to visit Harry). I'm still looking forward to this spin off though, this might be the only new CBBC show that I can actually watch. Aside from that, I still watch reruns of Tracy Beaker and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

And as from the previous series, there are some mature storylines, that's why it can appeal to a wide audience and the fact it gets the highest ratings for CBBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On TV? Is it on the CBBC website by any chance?

And the actor who plays Gus is 13 so it was expected :D

On TV (BBC1). They showed clips of new shows that will air in the new year on CBBC. This includes new Mi-High too!

BIB - I just thought it wouldn't be too soon!:D