Dead Controller

Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
Forum Member
✭✭
First of all, two things:

A) I apologise if this issue has been raised before, but I can't see anything, with a cursory search

B) Most of this stuff goes right over my head, so please, be gentle. :D

We bought an X-Box 360, from Costco, for our two sons Christmas 2011, it doesn't get played a huge amount (three or four hours a week). We also bought an extra wireless controller from Game, at the same time. Both of the controllers have died, nothing, nada, beggar all working; no lights or anything to indicate there is any life in there. The odd thing is that they stopped working within days of each other.

Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. Yes, we have changed the batteries and no joy. ;)

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    You could try and possibly clean the battery connectors on the controller and battery pack with a little bit of alcohol/electrical contact cleaner. Also if you know someone else who owns a 360 can you get them to bring there controller around so yo can see if you can pair that controller to your console plus try also that battery pack in your controller.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply GDS, I will try cleaning the contacts; will methylated spirits be okay? I don't think it is a pairing issue, the controllers don't have any life in them to enable pairing.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply GDS, I will try cleaning the contacts; will methylated spirits be okay? I don't think it is a pairing issue, the controllers don't have any life in them to enable pairing.

If that doesnt work then its new controllers sorry mate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    If that doesnt work then its new controllers sorry mate!

But it is a little strange they both went at the same time.

I don't suppose you know what the warranty is on these do you?
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    it will be the standard one year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    it will be the standard one year

I did hear (and I have no idea where from though:o) that it might be two years, could there be anything in that?