Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Why this pretense this transfer is so much different to any other?

If we actually look at what has happened rather than doing the fan 'OMG THIS IS SO UNPRECEDENTED AND I'M OUTRAGED!!!!' nonsense.

He finished playing last week, he's listened to the offers and wants to take a few takes to make sure he makes the right decision.

...is there something I'm not getting about how we're all supposedly shocked at this long-drawn out process that isn't any different to any transfer you could possibly name?

It's no different at all, you're right.

And I just assume any player these days worth anything is going to to City, so I never get excited or hopeful about anyone, and expect the saga to drag on as long as possible ... and if he end up at OT, that's when I get interested and happy about it!

Til then I'm just bemused by it all!
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    It's no different at all, you're right.

And I just assume any player these days worth anything is going to to City, so I never get excited or hopeful about anyone, and expect the saga to drag on as long as possible ... and if he end up at OT, that's when I get interested and happy about it!

Til then I'm just bemused by it all!

That's making assumptions that all players are in it for the money. Lot's wouldn't sign for City, knowing they won't play regular, even as a squad member, you wouldn't be certain of anything.

I know they have way more money than anyone else, but players go to clubs for many reasons.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citeh have a long way to catch up with that:D:D http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7773572/The-20-year-table
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screw the Euro's, I have just got my Olympic football tickets! :D:D

Typical though, Ihave seven tickets for the footie at Old Trafford, and not one of them is to see Team GB because of the way the fixtures have fallen! :o
    Instead of Team GB I have got a ticket for UAE Under 23's v Uruguay, ahh well I will have to make do with booing the hell out of Suarez! :D;)

I just have to make do with seeing Brazil (male and female) and Spain! :D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screw the Euro's, I have just got my Olympic football tickets! :D:D

Typical though, Ihave seven tickets for the footie at Old Trafford, and not one of them is to see Team GB because of the way the fixtures have fallen! :o
    Instead of Team GB I have got a ticket for UAE Under 23's v Uruguay, ahh well I will have to make do with booing the hell out of Suarez! :D;)

I just have to make do with seeing Brazil (male and female) and Spain! :D

Wonder if the De Silva twins will be playing?

Congrats on getting a ticket Bats, i'll be making do by watching it all on tv by the looks of it.:cry:

On the Eden Hazard transfer saga, I just want it to be over, one way or the other. :yawn:
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Lindsay who apparently works for BBC in Salford says he's been told by an unverified source that Hazard will sign either on or by Monday.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Lindsay who apparently works for BBC in Salford says he's been told by an unverified source that Hazard will sign either on or by Monday.

Over by next week, lets hope so.
    Forum Member

If my memory is correct Lindsay was or still is BBC NW, sports presenter for the regional news. As I don't watch said show often if at all, I can't remember 100%

However, social media and twitter in particular is a great way of getting rumours to spread around like wildfire. Even the journo's who may get a snip of a story can cause mass hysteria. Till the majority of the media are saying so, and till the story is all the same and we see the press release or what ever, it's still up in the air for me.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    The media feeding frenzy has been annoying but i think Hazard has behaved very well throughout the whole thing and has every right to take a bit of time to decide his next move. If he makes the announcement next week its not like he is stringing anyone along, he's only just finished his season. Fair play to the guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Lindsay BBC ‏@LindsayBBC
    @DMKStand @Danny_McMullan Fee believed to be roughly £31.5m (€40m). #mufc #hazard #bbc
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Andrew Lindsay BBC ‏@LindsayBBC
    @DMKStand @Danny_McMullan Fee believed to be roughly £31.5m (€40m). #mufc #hazard #bbc

Ooh. Colin Murray's journo mate might be rigtht then! lol

He said on Monday night on Five Live his mate had told him Hazard was off to OT in a £32m deal.

Personally, I only believe a deal to buy anyone is genuine when I see the player holding up his new United shirt or he's standing with Gill or Fergie.as a done deal.
    Forum Member

He said on Monday night on Five Live his mate had told him Hazard was off to OT in a £32m deal.

Personally, I only believe a deal to buy anyone is genuine when I see the player holding up his new United shirt or he's standing with Gill or Fergie.as a done deal.

Oh God the new shirt! That'll take the edge off the whole thing if it happens!
    Forum Member

Till I see a picture of him signing the contract it's done. I remember too well, Mark Hughes coming out onto the pitch in 1995 after they said he'd sorted out his contract, only to see him be allowed to leave as he'd never signed it.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Dont hold much faith he will choose United, i expect him to be a "blue" sooner than later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Dont hold much faith he will choose United, i expect him to be a "blue" sooner than later

Based on what?

Other than the fact United fans are eternal pessimists and even a week after we signed £60m worth of talent last season went on the 'Boo-hoo, we've no money!!!' rant?

Ugh!
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Oh God the new shirt! That'll take the edge off the whole thing if it happens!

haha, too true... for me it's up there with the grey shirt that should never have been... I wasn't a fan of the Tesco bag shirt but that grew on me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my best Towie impression..

Like, seriously, that kit is lush. I know most people saw it and thought like OMG and so did I think OMG but now I've got used to it I think it's quite wicked. I think it's cool, individual and the 'distracting' gingham pattern really won't notice that much once the season gets started,
    Forum Member
    Based on what?

Other than the fact United fans are eternal pessimists and even a week after we signed £60m worth of talent last season went on the 'Boo-hoo, we've no money!!!' rant?

Ugh!

based on what? well what's it based on that he's united bound?? Rumours??

I'm not an eternal pessimist more of a realist, Remember back in the summer of 96 with alan shearer, Bookies stop taking bets, media were all over it that he was united bound then bang Newcastle came in and game over. Nasri last year was the same, this year its Hazard.

Unitil its offically announced by Manchester United Football Club then its just rumours and i'll leave it as such.
    Forum Member
    based on what? well what's it based on that he's united bound?? Rumours??

I'm not an eternal pessimist more of a realist, Remember back in the summer of 96 with alan shearer, Bookies stop taking bets, media were all over it that he was united bound then bang Newcastle came in and game over. Nasri last year was the same, this year its Hazard.

Unitil its offically announced by Manchester United Football Club then its just rumours and i'll leave it as such.

When you have to go back 16 years for your example its maybe not actually a very good example. Equally we have signed players we have been heavily linked with too.

Best to keep an open mind at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People forget that we're actually quite impressive 'power houses' in the transfer market. We spent £60m last year and paid a near record-fee for a goalkeeper.

The pessimism is unbecoming. Will we sign every player we're linked to or attempt to? No.

But this constant 'We're poor. He'll sign for someone else. Not happening :(' is victim mentality not really earned.
    Forum Member
    When you have to go back 16 years for your example its maybe not actually a very good example. Equally we have signed players we have been heavily linked with too.

Best to keep an open mind at least.

If he comes great news for the future of United, if Not then its another one who got away.

open mind here but everyone has got a price.
    Forum Member
    If he comes great news for the future of United, if Not then its another one who got away.

open mind here but everyone has got a price.

Yes but there is almost this mentality that is just waiting on him to go somewhere else just so the "i told you so, we can't compete" line can be trotted out.

Maybe we will sign him, maybe we won't. We are clearly in the mix and we have apparently matched the transfer fee City and Chelsea have offered so there is clearly no shortage of ambition on our part.
    Forum Member
    Yes but there is almost this mentality that is just waiting on him to go somewhere else just so the "i told you so, we can't compete" line can be trotted out.

Maybe we will sign him, maybe we won't. We are clearly in the mix and we have apparently matched the transfer fee City and Chelsea have offered so there is clearly no shortage of ambition on our part.

if he goes to chelsea or citeh i wont use the "i told you so" line. We can compete to a high degree but maybe we should be buying 2-3 players instead to give the squad depth again.

United are always ambitious and i will never challenge that point.

On another note did you see sky's interview with ronnie? Asked if he was staying at Madrid for the future he gave the you never no what will happen line. The same lines he was giving 1 season before he left United.

He'd be welcomed back with open arms from this fan
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dnt think untied have a spare 80 million though :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    On another note did you see sky's interview with ronnie? Asked if he was staying at Madrid for the future he gave the you never no what will happen line. The same lines he was giving 1 season before he left United.

He'd be welcomed back with open arms from this fan

my thoughts exactly, the man is an absolute machine! He'll be back eventually... right?
This discussion has been closed.